This is a legitimately beautiful album. It deserves all the praise it gets

This is a legitimately beautiful album. It deserves all the praise it gets.

It blew me away the first time around.

I would agree, but I don't want to be called a cuck again.

we wuz caterpillars n shiet

dude fuck white people lmao

It's great, but I don't wanna hear Kendrick make an album like this again. Another GKMC would be cool

I'd argue that Kendrick couldn't make either GKMC or TPAB again if he tried to. The subject matter is too specific to the time and place to be replicated again.

All I want is a Black Hippy album.

>Objective ranking
TPAB>DAMN>GKMC

finally someone gets it

i can get behind this

It was fine for the time, but I think Kendrick hates that people made it a "BLM" album, when he's preaching about self-love for most of the album. Recently, he called it his third best album, which is kind of a slight, considering all the hype that white reviewers who like to tell [us] how to think, gave it. Overall, it's his most "artistic" album, but it doesn't make it the best. You really have to be in the mood for it, and sadly, I haven't been in that mood since March of 2015.

Similar with GKMC, which is sounding more and more dated, kind of like Em's 2000 albums do. DAMN, whether people like it or not, is probably his best, in terms of beat selection and being comfortable with his voice.

>All I want is a Black Hippy album.
I'm disappointed we didn't get any Black Hippy features on either TPAB or DAMN. I wonder if Kendrick and them are still cool or not.

>I can't look past opinions I don't agree with and appreciate the overall presentation of an art form

( ;

YUP

>being this indoctrinated

Damn was shit

Yeah thats about right

gkmc is the most consistently good

t.numales

damn has 2 bad songs, its not better than gkmc

how is gkmc sounding dated?

TPAB yes, but I think GKMC is still pretty relevant to this day. Theres still plenty of kids growing up in Compton dealing with gang pressure.
In the big boi interview someone brought up media talking about a schoolboy q beef but kendrick said there still tight. Brought up how they slept on couches together and how they shared a vision which still makes them inseparable so they seem fine. I think he was on one of the Blank Face records no?

It's pretty dated, but I still listen to it because it was something we bumped in college.

That whole album was a nostalgia trip for people around my age, because he mentioned shit like Jeezy and other mid 00's rap. But, I think it suffers because the production sounds like a mixture of late 00's and 11' beats. Also, the album is mainly centered around 2005, so some of the lyrics don't resonate today. I might be wrong with the current state of gang-pressure in Compton, maybe, some kid from there could relate to some of what he's saying. I just don't think shit is as prominent, but I am from New York.

Despite all the criticism, GKMC is my personal favorite work of his. My previous statement was adhering to what Kendrick meant when he said Damn was his best work.

sorry that was the jay rock album, not q's. Also meant to ask, does anyone know what beef with q that interview was referencing?

You absolute dickhead, you don't get the point, don't you ? It goes way too far above your manlet's head, way beyond your memey reach, right ? I'm not even insulting you. I'm actually trying to make you understand what Jeff Mangum and Thom Yorke and Sufjan have a hard time teaching you : you are the ultimate pleb, you are way too concerned about what other people think about you. Guess what ? I don't have to justify myself about music because it should be fucking ILLEGAL to hold such a trivial opinion. Kendrick is literaly, L I T E R A L Y the point of music. Do you understand that I'm trying to show you that your memes are embodying your plebness ? This could all have been different. You and I could have been friends, talking about the merits of hip-hop, but no, NO, you just HAD to shit all the way down Kendrick's masterworks because you can't handle music with social consciousness. Guess what moron, Jesus Christ HIMSELF would have listened to Kendrick if he could.

tpab feels dated to me but gkmc doesnt really

you're really just going for as many buzzwords to parrot and slogans to chant as you possibly can, aren't you?

Rap/hip-hop is never beautiful.