Steam Suggestion Thread

Steam Suggestion Thread
No Begging.

There are plenty of beg threads for you poor sluts.
I got $30 and a dream.

Make suggestions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/G-2l-siG7Ls?t=17m54s
steamcommunity.com/id/mikeockhertz
steamcommunity.com/id/DandyDeadDog/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

mount and blade Warband is $5 and good

Looks like Chivalry.
I'll look into it for sure!

Thank you!

Reflex Arena ($4.99)
Deus Ex GOTY ($1.39)
Dust: An Elysian Trail (2.99)
Broforce ($3.74)
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition ($9.99)
Elite Dangerous ($14.99)

>Reflex Arena
Is This worth is if I have Doom?

>Deus Ex
Already have it, brotha

>Dust
Looks awesome might grab a copy

>Broforce
I feel like I'd need a buddy to play co-op with and all my friends are still on console.

>Ori
Looks great. I've been considering it for a long while

>Elite Dangerous
I've seen this before.
I hear it's everything No Mans Sky should have been.

2 months of humble bundle monthly and $6 left for some steam games in the summer sale. Spend your money effectively. The next month of humble bundle monthly has dark souls 2 GOTY edition.

Volvo complete pack

Great games (back when valve used to make games) for 80% off

I considered just buying the Half Life series. I've never played it.

Here's whats in my cart. Don't judge me for Brony Hawk. I played it a lot when I was a kid.

Though, when I looked at the reviews it mentioned a THUG mod a lot.

Kind of wanted GTA V, but I've already beaten it on console at release, and I don't really know if it's worth buying a second time.

Plus it would take all my wallet.

>I considered just buying the Half Life series. I've never played it.
you need to stop what you're doing and play the half life series, like right now m8

Also worth checking out is black mesa, it's a half life remake with current gen graphics

The best way to describe Reflex Arena is "Quake Unplugged"

This video does justice with how amazing it is:
youtu.be/G-2l-siG7Ls?t=17m54s

Along with Broforce, there's also Duck Game, which is similar in style, but in gameplay-wise, it's like a side-scrolling arena shooter. I believe that game is about $6, and as you said, it's definitely a lot of fun playing with friends.

And you are correct about Elite Dangerous! If you're enthusiastic about that kind of game, I'd recommend getting it.

Damn time stamps not working. Go to 17:54

Dumb question, but I should start with HL1, right?

Of course
Why do you ask?

darkest dungeon

Well, some games people suggest you jump into one of the later games in the series.
I was just making sure that its age hadn't completely ruined it.

Looks pretty good, reminds me of Tribes Ascend and Quake. I kind of suck at that type of game though in all honesty.

Yeah, as a guy who's mainly playing Team Fortress 2, I do have a lot of learn, but hell, it's so much fun! They do have little cosmetics and melee weapon skins, but they're not at all expensive. In fact, in the picture related, I spent only a bit over $0.40 for the armor pieces and Crowbar (speaking Half-Life)

Along with this, it completely supports mods from the Steam Workshop, even viewmodel and HUD overhauls, including soundpacks, the most popular being the Quake Live mod.

Darkest Dungeon ($9.99)
Hitman Games (-80%)

Just wait for it to go on sale

Darkest Dungeon?
Never heard of it.

I just added The Witcher 2 to my list.

List (subject to change)

Witcher 2
Half Life
Half Life 2
HL 2 E1
HL 2 E2
Shadow of Mordor
Rocket League

Superhot if you have a Vive. Miscreated. Far Cry Primal is $25 rn

Factorio

No Vive unfortunately, but I wish I did have a Vive. I just bought a watercooled 980ti for $250 though.... so I'm moving up. Kek.

>watercooled 980ti
fuckin drooling right here man
got any pics?

Nice. I have a shit 980 but still fine for VR for now at least. Need a 1080ti soon tho. Dishonored is also on sale for like $22 I think

Well, it sounds a lot better than it really is. It's the EVGA Hybrid model, so the chip is cooled by a tiny radiator and fan.
Stays at around 30 degrees at idle or less.
Funny story, I actually sold my R9 290 on eBay for the money to buy it.
Thanks to miners I got a free upgrade. Lel

980 is still a great card.
I really just grabbed the 980ti because I found an awesome deal on it.

damn that sounds fantastic
please post a pic user
please

fuck dude, I came

I got it at $250 because the guy that sold it had bought a prebuilt right around the time the 1080ti came out and upgraded as soon as it came in pretty much. Still had the plastic on it.

Had to drive an hour to DC, but it was totally worth it imo.

does it have any overheating issues? when I was looking for a card I remember EVGA's pascal generation cards had some sort of hardware based overheating problem

Not that I'm aware of. 27 degrees C right now.
I'll open NiceHash and mine for a second just to stress it and see where it goes.

Hit 47 degrees then bounced back and forth between 46 and 47.

I assume that's around where it tops out at full load.

nice

I have a GTX 960, should I upgrade any time soon? I can run pretty much everything right now, maybe not on highest but close enough

Not unless you plan on bumping up resolutions.
In my opinion, you should be fine at least until the next iteration of cards. GTX 11xx and AMD Vega... and if they aren't superb you might be able to just stick with it until more gains are made.

Most games are made with console specs in mind so it's unlikely that anything will require much more for 1080p until new consoles are on the horizon.

Got it, thanks for the info. I play at 720p anyway, so it works out better than you'd expect from my rig.

check out the trailer. It's basically a rpg/strategy/rougelike game with a lovecraft theme

At 720 it's more than fine, man.
You could probably bump your res to 1080p and still be fine if you tweaked the settings a little!

Have a good weekend, man!
Are there any games you had your eye on?

Love the art style, but I don't wanna use the whole $30 on a single game. I will add it to my wishlist though. I'm intrigued by it.

Elite is one of those polarizing games that you either love or hate. The biggest complaint I hear about it is that its just a massive grind fest with super repetitive content, and unique moments are few and far between.

I actually generally hate grinding.
I enjoy GW2, but that's about as much as I like to grind.
In the case that I DO get into a grindy game it almost has to be co-op with a story or something to keep me interested like Borderlands or Destiny < I know it's garbage but I played a lot with my friends because it's what they were all playing.

Nah mate, my monitor's native res is 1680x1050 so 1080p wont work, and even then 720p is good enough for me.

Thanks man, you too.

I actually wanted the company of heroes complete pack. I'll try to get it from here but if not I'll just buy it when I have money.

Is Black Desert Online any good?

I enjoyed The Witcher 3, and I currently play GW2. I was ok with WoW but I didn't wanna pay monthly. I'm a pleb.

I should also mention that I always play on 720p, turn off AA and AF and set shadows and blur effects to medium/low, and games still look great!

As long as you're able to play the games you want then I wouldn't worry about any upgrades, friendo!

Indeed. I'm gonna consider upgrading when I finally come across a game that the card can't handle at all, even on low.

Funny story, I had a Geforce GT 8600 before this, and it ran all games (at the time), but the first game I came across that ran like shit even on lowest settings was Battlefield 3.

Sorry if I'm talking too much, it's just nice to make conversation here :)

I didnt start gaming on PC until 2015.
All my cards thus far have been used.

I started with an HD 7970, sold that and bought an R9 290, and recently sold that and bought the GTX 980 ti.

I think I'd have been fine with the 7970, but I keep finding good ass deals on cards.

I miss BF3.
I actually still have it.
Talking about BF makes me wanna buy BF4 or BF1, but I already put my money on Steam.

DAMN IT ALL!

>Talking about BF makes me wanna buy BF4 or BF1, but I already put my money on Steam.
what's your steam?

>using CPU stock cooler
pleb

steamcommunity.com/id/mikeockhertz

I've been working on that. Kek.
That's the biggest eye sore in my case, but I don't have a K series CPU so I don't prioritize it.

umm can you take a screenshot of the (You) so I know you're the same guy I was replying to?

?

My name on there is Pandicimo, because my name used to be something else with panda in it, and my friend got in the habit of calling me that. Lel.

This is what I ended up with....

>Also Outlast

Thank you to everyone that helped me out!
I appreciate it, even though I only really took one persons advice and that was to buy Half Life!

I'll stick around for awhile and watch the thread till it dies.

Thanks again, anons.

Also idk where the user went that I was conversing with about GPUs, but it was cool talking to you, buddy!

Have an awesome weekend, and a safe and prosperous year!

accept my friend request m8

May I ask for Friday the 13 game, please?

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great night :)

steamcommunity.com/id/DandyDeadDog/

>Also idk where the user went that I was conversing with about GPUs, but it was cool talking to you, buddy!
Yeah my internet disconnected for a few minutes. Accept my friend request m8