Communists don't like classical music?

Saw this post in another thread. I asked for sources but got no reply before the thread was archived. Does anyone know anything about this?

I'll try again to link the post:

Adorno.
/thread

They don't like traditional stuff and blah blah

Also, Marx listened to classical music that guy is retarded.
Stop going to Sup Forums.

elaborate

They probably don't like wagner (cuz nazis).

And probably not metal (cuz nazis)

A lot seem to enjoy punk (but have trouble because nazis)

Anyway, most "communists" are either cringy social rejects who need to make themselves feel important or ivory-tower tier academics with some form of sociology degree. You should probably stop giving them attention.

communists don't like music, or art, or entertainment, or knowledge, or prosperity, or anything good in this world and seek to destroy it all

Perhaps if you don't believe that the Soviets count as Communists but come on, the state sponsored the classical tradition far more than the west did in the 20th century. Of the great composers of the 20th century, many came from the USSR, such as Shostakovich, Prokofiev, or Pärt.

He had a theory about popular music and how classical music is far superior, basically because pop is made to pander and classical was almost unconditionally funded.

>t-they are like the bad guys and are all monsters and we are the good guys who have it all figured out like god vs the devil

the USSR didnt like good classical music apparently

I used to go on a leftist chat and 90 percent of the music played was classical. In my experience Sup Forumss taste and understanding of classical music is soccer mom tier.

Wagner was a leftist for his time and good friends with Bakunin.

>implying capitalism doesn't just dumb all art and entertainment down to its most easy to consume form
Capitalism is why we have meme rap

t. highschool commie.

>implying rap wasnt always dumb as fuck

It may have been dumb, but it didn't start out with can't keep muh peepee in muh pants at least

They like music as long as it glorifies the common worker.

it was also always capitalist as fuck. Literally evolved in america.

A good commie is a dead commie.

are you stupid

Wagner was pretty liberal in his youth but as he aged he became increasingly reactionary and inclined to extreme nationalism.