"Dont tell me what to do!"

"Dont tell me what to do!"

Man, Locke was awesome!

smonk that dad lol!

sorry thought this was [s4s]

its 'dont tell me what i cant do' you fucking nonce

What episode was this???

haha oh wow.....someone is new here

I stopped watching when they wanted me to believe polar bears could survive on a tropical island.

Stupidest shit ever. Learn your botany.

I remember when I first watched this show I was convinced from the pilot Locke would be the character I hate most because he seems the most forced and cliche as mystery story character. Then he slowly became the only thing good about the show.

But the point was that they didn't survive there. There was only the one left from the dharma experiments and it was weak as shit. Hell, they could have wrestled it to death, not shot it.

It's a show with time travel and the island can move and theres a black smoke monster........

>gun safety first

They called him bitch tits Locke behind his broken back.

>the only thing good about the show

man keamy was great

"Time is like a box of semicircles"

Rust really made you think sometimes.

Why did this show go from magnificent to a steaming pile of shit after the end of Season 3?
All they had to do to keep it relatively believeable and watchable was to keep the cast on the damn island.
Why wasnt anyone smart enough to realize that leaving the island would doom the show's appeal?
They could've made it so there were multiple failed attempts to leave.
It could've been stretched for at least 5 seasons with the 6th being a sort of return trip and then 2nd escape situation.
Name other shows where the first 2 or 3 seasons were all-time great and the last seasons being straight dog shit.

>the only thing good about the show

someone explain the ending of season 6. why did they show all that normal life if they were all dead?

who, you? lurk more dipfuck

Does /s4s/ think that Sup Forums is a nice board?

I barely remember what this dude did, only his death scene.

maybe it's time for a rewatch

Stay mad sir.

It was a 'flash-sideways'. basically showing their dream lives and getting them to come to terms with their life decisions and what happened on the island before they moved on to the afterlife.

That's what I took from it anyway.

haha

>Caring what a board literally modeled after a reddit sub thinks

wew lass

>They could've made it so there were multiple failed attempts to leave.
That would have gotten boring, fast.

And the reason it went to shit after season 3 is because they had to start tying up loose ends. The show ran on loose ends.

Introducing an antagonist wasn't smart, either. Like, we had Ben and his Others, then there was Widmore, who use to be an Other, and has been trying to get back to the Island since the end of World War 2. Like, that is boring.

Introducing "Jacob" as a kind of supra leader to the others was fine, until they explained who/what he was. There was no way to curtail the escalation. If you build on the idea of "what?" over and over and over, you eventually paint yourself into a corner where the only way out is to say "what was what." And with the constant escalation, the only way to beat a flashback is a flashforward and to top Ben we've got Widmore and over them both is Jacob and Jacob's enemy is a monster that is made out of his brother and the island is magic and TIME TRAVEL AND TO TOP ALL THAT... Ever see Ashes to Ashes?

Like, the show was all build-up and was six seasons long. Of course is went to shit at the half-way point.

fucking retarded. how did they all die then?

Well according to the afterlife of LOST, it doesn't matter when a person dies. All people enter the afterlife at the same time everyone they held dear in life does. So like, Jack dies at the end, right? Then he goes to the afterlife.

Now we never see kate die, right? presumably she lives her life back on the mainland and dies at an old age. she then enters the afterlife, and from her and everyone elses perspective, she's young again and they're all moving on together.

It was heaven's waiting room. In the general ideas of "ghosts," we're told that they linger in places because they didn't do something while alive. In this case, they've all lived full lives and died. Well, not Jack. But anyway, they refuse to go into the light, as the dead are wont to do. Instead they linger in the dark tunnel until everyone reconnects and then they go to heaven together.

This, of course, makes perfect sense until you remember that Desmond quantum leaped into his postmortem "life" because of the machinations of that dastardly Widmore.

Time-traveling inside your own life, inside your own body, I can get behind. Time-traveling into your ghost prior to going to heaven? Come the fuck on.

Those assholes wrote themselves into so many corners.

The writers were good at making shit up that kept you interested, but terrible at providing answers, they didn't think any of this shit through, so they kept stalling for as long as they could.

There's that, and also after the writers strike happened, they signed a deal that a certain amount of episodes will get produced, and they will get a certain large amount of money no matter how shitty those episodes are gonna be, so they stopped trying, because they didn't have to anymore.

>Well according to the afterlife of LOST, it doesn't matter when a person dies.
That isn't what it says at all. It says that "death" is a state outside of time as we understand it. Everyone dies, and when you're dead, that is "after." Hurley becomes effectively immortal at the end of the show, but is still present in the afterlife because he was going to die eventually, even if to die the whole universe had to end. In this conception of life/death, even a trillion billion years could've passed between when Jack died and when Hurley died, but they were both in the afterlife at the same "time" because that "time" was "after."

Well yeah that was what I was saying without being autistic about it. It doesn't matter when somebody dies from anyone's perspective. They move on together. You just parroted me.

In this, in the case of Lost, you HAVE to be autistic about it. Because if you don't explain this simple shit down to every last polar bear, people say "they died in the crash, right?"

In fact, by the time I've typed this and hit submit, it's going to've been asked already.

Alex is my wiafu, sadly I lost all pics on my last phone.

Well I guess I'll agree with you on that point.

But they did die and that shit was purgatory

Yes, but I have two questions for you:

When did they die?
What aspects of the show were purgatory?

Are you telling that last scene wast them accepting their dead

Yes, that was exactly what the last scene was.

But, you did not answer my questions.

Reminder that the real John Locke died before going back to the island as a little bitch; a failure, hating himself, and alone.

It was purgatory all along. The writers panicked when viewers figured it out much quicker than they anticipated, they thought their idea was oh so clever, but no.

So they quickly changed a few minor things here and there and left the rest to the diehard fans of the show to make up excuses for them. "No it's not purgatory, It's like TOTALLY different, man. It's just 2deep4u u see."

And the flash forwards were like a purgatory even though the producers said they it was never something like that
those fuckers

When did Sam Tyler die?
When did Gene Hunt die?

Wait, so what happened to Sawyer, Kate, Claire, Lapidus, and Alpert?

They died in the crash, duh

Lapidus and Alpert weren't on 815 m8

How does Ben work out. He never went into the church even though he was offered.

He stays in purgatory until he has reconnected his memories with the person that mattered most to him in life, which would be his adopted/stolen daughter. That's why he says he has 'things to work out' before he can enter the afterlife.

So, Jack created the purgatory by detonating the bomb, right?

Not really sure. At first it appeared the bomb detonating meant Jack split the timeline - creating one where the characters never go on the island. But later when we find out the 'new' timeline is actually purgatory, it's likely it was inevitable as everyone seemingly goes to this place when they die.

If I recall, Christian said that the place was special, and existed only because they created it to be able to meet each other again. I took that to mean that, without the purgatory, their souls would have been lost after death.

Yes, they set out to alter their timeline. Jack did it because he wanted to let go of Kate. But if Jack's words, Juliet's "it worked", and Desmond's ability to travel to purgatory (a power which is in direct correlation to the aftereffects of the bomb), there are clear indications that Jack actually created a means for all of them to come together again after they died.

>Jack's words
Christian's words