Try to watch yesterday's seahawks - falcons match

>try to watch yesterday's seahawks - falcons match
>first time ive watched the nfl this season
>enjoyed matches in the few previous seasons and even like the memes (one and done you taste so fine, forehead, we're only 50 points up, run up the score, elite etc)
>it's too fucking boring

At what point do you Americans realise that you're watching something that's designed to maximise adverts first, and have any sporting integrity second? And the refs call on stuff whenever they want, sometimes just to increase the amount of adverts.

The sport is retarded. Even basketball, which is just as easy for refs to abuse, has some freeflowing aspects to it. NFL is just a contrived as hell stop start mess.

>you can push the defence but not the wide receivers
>catching the ball requires a committee to judge whether it happens

>inb4 "but Jamaquarius Jackson can run a 4.50 40 yard split!"

Other urls found in this thread:

sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ads-on-nfl-uniforms--no-longer-a-question-of-if--but-when-122839725.html
youtube.com/watch?v=jWRlBX8ie7M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

By not buying into the ads? How low is your IQ that you can't look past the ads for the game?

use the ads to refill the beer and the foody, smartass

dunno ask the normalfags that obviously buy the products within the next few days or so

i've been around all kinds of faggots that bought shitty alexas, bose headphones, and other stupid shit they learned from ads

>listing the memes you like

Ads literally only work on those with low IQs. They appeal to the lowest common denomination. Anyone who isn't double digits IQ can look at an ad and see that they don't need it or that it's a gimmick, and can ignore it. Ads are entertainment to me because of the shit they go through to attract people. The only ads I pay attention to are sales ads for local places.

the nfl is fixed
everyone who's been watching football for the past several year know that

>actually thinking you aren't effected by marketing
Are you serious? If you think the point of advertising is literally for you to see the ad, grab your coat, and sprint down to the store to pick up whatever you saw on TV, you're a fucking retard

I'm with this guy here. It doesn't matter how thick a tinfoil hat you wear during commercial breaks, the sheer amount of them makes them impossible to ignore entirely. That's why I've started branching out on sports a bit recently and just passively watching football games.

If the ad isn't getting me to buy the paid idiot being advertised, then it isn't working. That is literally the point of the ad. Sorry that you can't even watch tv without spending $1000 on whatever they tell you to.

yeah me too. besides it's fixed

isn't there a channel that review drives/plays during breaks instead of spewing ads in the US?

this is what we get here in france with beinsports

>Ditch handegg
>watch hokkei
>profit

>OP talking about adverts
>Watching United vs Liverpool now
>waking Chevy bow ties

NFL would never let a company on the jerseys nor will basketball or baseball

>pic related

>That is literally the point of the ad
Don't you have to be over 18 to post here?

>oh an advertisement for Dow Chemical, guess they want me to go out and buy some polylene oxide and raw oil feedstocks!

What part of "product" can't you get?

Ads are designed to push something. They are targeted to someone. If Apple is making an ad for their iPhone, everyday people are the target. If BP is advertising their systems and oil quality, I am not the target.

Ads are designed solely to either normalize a practice or sell a product. And 99% of ads on tv are the latter.

It doesn't have to get you to IMMEDIATELY buy a product to be a successful ad. You might not also be the target demographic, or simply not interested in the product to begin with. When you get to college, try taking a marketing class so you don't embarrass yourself on a senegalese enamalware board

So far all you've done is say "you're wrong" without actually trying to rebut my arguments. Sorry kiddo, but marketing isn't magic. I understand how marketing works, and it doesn't work on me. Try having an IQ higher than dub-Saharan niggers

considering you seem pretty autistic, it isn't surprising you aren't the target demographic for people watching the NFL (social, working, has a family, etc...)

FLY EMIRATES
L
Y

>NFL would never let a company on the jerseys nor will basketball or baseball

lol right you better reconsider that
sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ads-on-nfl-uniforms--no-longer-a-question-of-if--but-when-122839725.html

I see you've switched from at least attempting to argue to ad hom. Once again, try having a triple digit IQ before you post again.

Watch some hockey, OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=jWRlBX8ie7M

I'd rather comprimise space on otherwise bland shirts instead of having 100 ads jammed into a game

>I understand how marketing works, and it doesn't work on me
So you have literally never bought a single item that was made by a brand you saw advertised on TV? And if you did, you did your due diligence researching whether or not that brand was the optimal choice in terms of price and quality? You've never been enticed by decoy pricing, sales, store layouts, branding etc... (even though it is likely you wouldn't even realize that they were a factor in your decision making)?

Pretty amateur level trolling tbqh

How deluded do you have to be to consider
>social, working, has a family, etc...
to be an insult?

>American Football's fucking boring
Wew lad barely figured that out, I want It to end already so MLS can start

Hockey has 6 minutes worth of TV timeouts per period...

Yes. I have never been swayed to purchase an item because it was advertised. I don't watch tv other than football, I don't listen to the radio other than local stations with minimal commercials, and I use ad blocker on my browsers. I have never purchased something that I didn't immediately need or didn't research beforehand to determine its quality compared to other items.

The fact that you are baffled by this shows your stupidity.

pretty sure the average NFL slot isn't trying to appeal to NEETs who spend their entire day shitposting on Sup Forums about their double digit IQ

Yet they catch you with ease.

>tf
>tt

stick to your flopgrass threads pls, haji

NFC games are always boring especially the seahawks

>ads

how am i supposed to buy american products if i live in germany?

you could be influenced by advertising and not realize it
>I have never been swayed to purchase an item because it was advertised
is an impossible statement to make with any degree of confidence, sorry fa m

>but muh iq
>but muh niggers

>I can't do it so neither can you

Sorry buddy, but it's true. I rarely buy things to begin with. I am not swayed by advertising. I'm not sure what to tell you other than you're a perfect puppet for marketing companies.

>I have never purchased something that I didn't immediately need or didn't research beforehand to determine its quality compared to other items.

You're SO cute!

no doubt there are a lot of ads, but you clearly didn't understand what you were watching. that's not the sport's fault. It's no more contrived than any other sport that's been invented by humans.

How is this so unbelievable to you?

>lowest common denomination
This would normally out you for being a retard, but the fact you used this phrase while criticizing others, kek

>I have never purchased something that I didn't immediately need or didn't research beforehand to determine its quality compared to other items.
trash bags? toilet paper? q-tips? soap bowls? placemats? trivets?

are you saying that you researched every single ziplock freezer bag ever made, compiled your research, studied it for an adequate amount of time, and ultimately came to the conclusion that this specific freezer bag is the type that is the best quality and the best value? and that you have done this with every single item you have ever purchased?

kek kid, you're a fucking riot. the fact that you think it's shameful to be influenced by advertising is pathetic. get over yourself

>this is so hard to believe

How simple are you?

>buying into ads is good! You should want to buy things that you don't need!

This has got to be the most American™ post of 2017

>buying into ads is good! You should want to buy things that you don't need
How are those two statements linked in any way? And where did he say that buying into ads was "good"? Regardless, yea most people with disposable income buy a shitload of things they don't need.

>watching a sport for the memes

Just go to 9gag lad.

it just shows that you're either autistic or completely retarded, since at a certain point the time spent researching q-tip brands to avoid the insidious tendrils of advertisement would be better spent doing literally anything and just picking a random box off the supermarket shelves. but everyone knows you're full of shit anyways so no big deal ;^)

Advertisement isn't inherently bad, and not buying a product that was advertised it just as brainless as buying something solely because it was advertised.

>every single advertisement is trying to sell you something you don't need
Christ, take the tinfoil hat off and step into reality.

the adverts are cancer to my soul and i have to turn the volume down really low but, the degree of how 'free-flowing' it is doesnt automatically make it more of a sport. chess isnt very free flowing but every move can have a monumental impact on the result.

>FLY EMIRATES
>SAMSUNG
>ETIHAD AIRWAYS

Fuck off

Cause you obviously think branding and advertising are the same thing, and this is so candid its actually insanely cute.

Why do you pick a certain everyday product over another? Do you possess a smartphone? A computer? A TV? A console? The list goes on.

Even if you do research your shit before buying, you're only finding reviews and opinions because brands pay to get the exposition in the first place, or benefit from their reputation acquired through advertising or durability. You literally cant escape branding. And the fact that you think you can proves how great of a job brands are doing.