Foreigner eats his homelands food in America: this doesn't taste anything compared to back home

>foreigner eats his homelands food in America: this doesn't taste anything compared to back home
>American: yeah I bet it tastes way better back there! Tell me how its made

>American eats American food in foreign country: this doesnt taste anything compared to back home
>foreigner: wow you fucking snob pretentious American, you visit other countries just to shit on the culture, every country has to be exactly up to the standards of America right?

why is it like this

They all expect very high standards of behavior from us, which is fine, but they need to do a better job of remembering that we are people just like them as well.

ayyo FUCK America uhh have you ever heard AmeriBURGER fucking idoit fatty

The joke is that there is no such thing as "american food", only hamburgers and bastardised italian food.

No offence but you guys have objectively bad taste in food. Almost everything you eat is loaded with sugar.

burgers can get pretty fancy and experimental though

hier le die kafferboetie

>"""""American""""" food
you mean burgers?

>"W-Why don't you obsess over food like we do?"

Quintessential American

This

the real joke is fucking up such "easy" recipes

That's due to corn subsidies. They're putting HFCS everywhere because it's extremely cheap and they have to get rid of so much useless corn.

No it's not. The government isn't forcing people to use corn in their meals.

White Americans just have shitty taste in food.

>american food

i laugh at those "gourmet" hipster burger joints keep popping up like mushrooms

as well as americans being pretentious online over which burger chain is the best

Of course not. Government is only creating incentives.

I like what they're doing in California (tax on soft drinks, abolition of plastic bags etc.)

No one's being forced to do anything, except for consumers being forced buy shitty corn sugary food.
Businesses love that they get cheap product and can turn it into damn near anything and charge full price.
The only way to get around this is to make every meal from scratch, but if there's even one product that you can't make from home and have to buy premade it probably has corn in it.

Why anybody would eat his own cuisine while being in a foreign country is completly beyond me, eating the local cuisine is of the best things about travelling.

>american food
I'm not joking right now. What are you talking about?

Maybe it's different if you move there permanently. It's good to have something which reminds of you of home.

Americans obsess over eating, not food.

>Americans obsess over eating
umm..i think you mean Chinks obsess over eating.
>work with chinkies
>their standard greeting is "have you eaten today"

BBQ and i dunno what else desu, but BBQ is good

??????????????

>56%

we're not talking about corn ingredients though, we're talking about taste in food.

If I go to any given restaurant in the US, I will often get a dish that is literally dessert-tier sweet. This happens at 4 and 4.5 star restaurants all the time.

The restaurant isn't saving money by doing that. The sugar is white sugar anyway, so it has nothing to do with corn. Americans just have a very shitty taste in food.

wow great post

Jambalaya

New England clam chowder

>Foreigner: why Americans don't celebrate a certain tradition?
>American: kill yourself you dumb foreigners we do cerebrate Easter and kinder eggs are banned for a good reason.

Let me correct that for you:

>American eats American food in foreign country: this doesnt taste anything compared to back home
>Swiss: Who gives a fuck ? That's $55 please.

Paris had a Louisiana Creole Restaurant for decades that was world renowned. Closed a few years back I think.

For the most part I feel people think the only real distinct cuisine to the US is in the South. It's the cuisine of blacks, poor whites who ate as blacks did and the plantation aristocracy whose cooks and chefs were enslaved.

Found out even the wealthy Jewish families had black slave chefs who kept food kosher.

Oh come they all eat the same mcdonalds around the world. How is it different and why would one eat anything suspicious if you know you can't go wrong with fast food

ever heard of steak or bbq retards

your laugh is rather nervous because you know that we are taking over your """gourmet cuisine""" with our fast food chains that your fellow frenchies love so much that they are willing to wait in long lines when a new burger king opens in paris, for example

Coca Cola tastes better outside the US, if that's what you're trying to imply burger.

hmm?

No offense user, but what is american in a fucking steak ?

I mean ok for BBQ but Steak is a shit ton of countries... What exactly do you think we do with our fucking cows?

Gumbo

lel

They were queing for the novelty. Given the number of new restaurants in Paris every year Fast foods are not at all on the verge of taking over their love for "cuisine".

Well I am not claiming a copyright but that's the food we eat here that is not considered a specific country's cuisine. Also we prefer it rather rare compared to some other cunts. Oh and how about buffalo wings!

>Americans put sugar in their bread

not even trolling, what the fuck is wrong with you guys

Americans are honestly an embarrassment.

>W-why is everyone so mean to us?

I was not saying that America did not have any specific dish. Just that steak is not what comes first in my mind given that it's rather common to a lot of cunt.

Americans microwave their toasters.

Barbecue is considered Australian cuisine around the world.

Barbecue is considered French cuisine around the world.