/2017/

Alright Sup Forums, we're officially half way through the year. What's your AOTYSF? Post charts, rate/hate, rec, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~Androol
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

year's been eh so far
i mean there's some nice stuff but 2016 was better imo

yeah 2016 was great. I've been finding a lot of artists I enjoy that I hadn't heard of before this year though which is pretty nice.

I'll be lucky to pick something by January

rateyourmusic.com/~Androol

AOTYSF for me is Flying Microtonal Banana

Personally didn't like that much. I thought MOTU was great though. Maybe check out Clowns-Lucid Again and Idles-Brutalism

AOTYSF for me is Drunk. Haven't really listen to albums released this year because I've not been interested in most of the releases.

Cheers, I'll have a listen.

Maybe Clap! Clap!-A Thousand Skies and Wiley-Godfather

Didn't know about Eye Candy, thank you for showing me, just snuck it's way into my top 15

Yeah it's great. It's shoegaze but played with other sounds to where I heard some similarities to Fishmans-Long Season and Deakins-Sleep Cycle in it off the top of my head. Pretty excited to see where they go from here.

Not even listened to 50 albums yet

bump

nice
you're busy
cheers for jefre, once again aoty for me

I keep forgetting that Davachi album finally came out, I loved Vergers and should really get on with listening to that

Thanks, I'm listening to A Thousand Skies right now and it's very good.

yeah you should it's nice, I also really recommend the Jonny Nash/Suzanne Kraft album
Great list by the way, will check out the stuff i don't recognise

I saw the one Suzanne Kraft album thrown around a lot in 2015 with the denim hat and jacket person and I was always like "oh I should get around to listening to that denim album" but never did, would you say that's something I should check beforehand or do you think I'm good to just leap into this new one

This astonished me. I'm a shoegaze fan though.

This is pretty different because of the collaboration. I think you're good to treat this as it's own thing more or less.

why is there only one chart itt with this beautiful person's wonderful 2017 work? do you cunts not have a good taste in music?

You have good taste :)

I could never get into his stuff, sorry. It gets celebrated a lot though, I think he'll be ok.

listening now, this is really great

oh shit, forgot about new Flotation Toy Warning. how is it? i'm kinda scared, i love Bluffer's Guide

I'd say it's been a pretty good year

17 years old

I don't listen to enough new music to have a whole chart of 2017 releases. Looking through the stuff on my portable music player listed under 17 there's nothing that I'm super crazy about. The one I listened to the most is a remaster of a 2008 EP so that probably doesn't count. After that it;s a 2 track EP which isn't really meaty enough to be an AOTY. Then there's a few disappointing-but-not-bad releases from artists/bands I listen to. Just not my year I guess.

Too afraid of recommending at getting it wrong.

this is suppsed to be for 2017 albums

wrong thread but that number one is choice

here we are again

havent listened to guerilla toss yet but have a feeling it will be in my aoty's

lmao

new cornelius is fantastic

listening to new jefre now, might take a spot on here

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

DAMN is on almost all these lists but honestly it disappointed me, it's would be ranked third if I had to rank his albums

yeah it was super underwhelming. his lyrical chops were definitely there but the production wasn't much different than what every other decent hip hop artist is doing right now. straight up hated a few songs (yah, loyalty, love)

Jesus christ Yah and Loyalty are fucking trash, I would get them stuck in my head and couldn't stop thinking about how much I wanted them out of my head. Plus the middle of the album is actually, well, boring.