What exactly does it mean when the Bible says we were made in God's image?

What exactly does it mean when the Bible says we were made in God's image?

And since God breathed life into us, does that mean we all have a little part of God inside us?

And finally if were made in God's image does that mean God can be psychotic at times? I mean humans as a species can be fucking weird.

>What exactly does it mean when the Bible says we were made in God's image?

It literally means what it says. God looked at his own body and designed ours based on that.

> And since God breathed life into us, does that mean we all have a little part of God inside us?

Yes we do, our souls are offspring of God and we can grow to become like God.

> And finally if were made in God's image does that mean God can be psychotic at times? I mean humans as a species can be fucking weird.

Nope, God has progressed past disease and imperfectness.

>does that mean God can be psychotic at times?
Well, did you read the bible? God is not "psychotic at times", he's batshit insane.

We are the universe observing itself. The hindu notion of millions of gods makes a lot of sense.

Why did God make us in the first place?

I always thought it was the ability to imagine things that don't yet exist, and to bring them into the world. I suppose the people that wrote it also meant to anthropomorphize God, but that's only because they were bronze age savages who couldn't conceive of Him without doing so.

It means we live in a computer and this is all a matrix like simulation.

Science and religion point to this. The second coming of christ is when we ourselves create super intelligent AI and the simulation is reborn in itself.

Are you Mormon? I've only ever heard that men can become like God from the mouths of Mormons.

In every other sect of Christianity that is extreme heresy to say such a thing.

>I'd rather you go to school bald than looking like a tramp

Whatever happened to parents like this? This is how parenting should be done. Where is that from?

He was a lonely fat neck beard. So he wanked into a rag and made humans. So he could make sure that only people he liked go to come live in his basement. While everyone else got to go live with ISIS

Its just a short and simplified version of the Sumerian creation ''myth''. An ancient race of ''gods'' came here and created humans as a slave race to mine gold and to farm in South Africa and the middle east. They took the walking apes that where all ready here crossed them with their own DNA so they would be smart enough to use their tools and take orders. The rib part is just a TL;DR for DNA from bone marrow and the clay part is a TL;DR for the ceramic test tube that they incubated the first human in.

Humans have 46 chromosomes but the great apes have 48. Why? Because they fused one pair to make us compatible with them and allow the crossing.

You mock God? Traitor... You will go to hell.

>does that mean we all have a little part of God inside us?

As you said, basically. Interesting twist on this however -

Jesus responded to the question of taxes of rendering to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.

Whose image is was on the money? Whose image is on you?

We can not conclude too much from God's character by looking at our's. But we can conclude much from OUR character by looking at God's. Example: We are inherently valuable, because we bare the image of the sole reason for literally anything at all. Though we may not all be created the same, we are invaluable.

Where can I read more of this myth? Are there books on it? I want to read it.

Literally just google Ancient Aliens.

I'll smite you in the name of Allah

that "He's" a vain cunt and thereby debunking "His" own existence

lost book of enki and other books by Zecheria Sitchin maybe. I don't know, i haven't read it.

South Africa is pretty cool anyway, really old stone ruins everywhere that you can see with google earth. Literally hundreds of thousands of them. Strange considering that only hunter gatherers lived there up until the Bantu migration and European settlement the last 1000 years.

Still lots of gold in SA though.

>that "He's" a vain cunt
That only means He loves you, because you are a reflection of Him.

it's the ravings of some goatfucker who scribbled down on some scroll twenty five hundred years ago, who cares inb4 Fedoras Catholicism is a cuck religion anyway

>we were made in God's image
It means that, like god, we don't exist

Is the any evidence at all in Africa to base the premise of the Nation of Islam on? I'm not talking about vanilla Islam but the black derivation of it
>The Nation of Islam

Why are you posting this here? You should post it on /lit/ since that's the board about story books.

>>The Nation of Islam
I don't really know what their beliefs are but isn't it something about white people not being of this world?

I don't really know of any concrete evidence but its not entirely unfounded either. I don't believe in the out of Africa theory anyway. There are really old myths from all over the world about white people coming and showing the natives advanced tech etc but i don't know if they have anything to do with present day Europeans.

Either way, there are more to human origins then what they teach us in school.

It means that the Jews had come under influence of the Greeks, whose gods were human shaped, and Jews were pretending they had always had an anthropomorphic deity.

The Jewish God was a sea serpent, a fertility bull monster, a pillar of fire, or just invisible, depending on when you asked them.