Alright so my computer likes to turn off randomly, completely out of the blue...

Alright so my computer likes to turn off randomly, completely out of the blue. Whenever I try to turn it on again it revs up and turns off again, I have to manually turn it off by the switch and give it time to rest before switching it on again. Can someone please explain to me why this is? And no I'm not deleting System thirty-fucking-two

Sounds like a bad power supply.

You have to let us know what kind of computer it is, operating system, system specs, and because you decided to ask for help on 4 Chan, tits and your dick, nigger.

Sweet, also what else would I need for good rendering speeds?

Bad cooling? Becomes too hot and turns of, happens to my old laptop and my old office computer.
Got a new one though.

Overheating nigger
would have thought it would be obvious
which makes me suspicious
what are you really up to OP?
Stop being a faggot and tell us.

Thanks, Idk what kind of fans I'd need though
Custom PC, Windows 7, 8gb ram, 64 bit, idk the rest because I forgot to care until now

Fineee.. Beating my dick

Remove sys32

Could honestly be anything at this point. Have you changed anything in the bios, also what ram type do you use? Also need a list of other. Specs to help.

Maybe your mobo/cpu power cable is loose. Try reseating those. Thermal expansion would mean they need a while for everything to contract to make connection on the contacts again.

If it's overheating, it should be in the event logs.

Sounds like a possible thermal issue, when you start it up does it give you a blue screen at all saying 'THERMAL_SHUTDOWN_DETECTED'? Usually it is around the top third of the screen. If not then same as the other user, bad power supply. If thermal make sure the vents for the computer are not blocked and have open airflow then check to make sure the fans are on correctly and pushing air in the right direction, commonly bottom front to back top. Google the issue and if it doesn't come up with windows tagged on then try searching it with parts of the computer. Hopefully this helps.

Sounds like a power supply but it could be processor overheating.

Verify that all fans are working and not gunked up with dust and crap. If they are remove fans spray them out with compressed air. See if that solves it. If it still happens, your power supply is going bad.

I would do this work yourself because replacing faulty parts is super easy. It's 15 minute fix if you're slow at it. And likely something that would cost 100 bucks to have it done for you, along with the marked-up cost of parts.

Every man should at least know how to swap out computer hardware these days. It's as essential as knowing how to change a tire or car battery.

How hot is it in the room, op?

How the fuck do I check those
Yeah it just comes up with the standard "Windows didn't shut down properly" screen sometimes, sometimes it just goes straight to the log in screen
Like ice cold my boy

Whats a good power supply to get?

Where do you live? I have family in Minnesota that are into computers and they always complain about how in the summer their computer runs way hotter and they have to leave a moniter for the temp up at all times to make sure they don't over heat it. They said that depending on the time of day they would have to move it out of the way of a sunbeam coming through the window, because that alone could over heat it if it is running. Anyways, Tl;dr: if you live in a hot humid place that could also be causing it to overheat

Its currently winter here and it shut down about 30 odd minutes ago so /:

Well throws a monkey in my wrench

110% your power supply is dead. Had the same problem

Any, just make sure it has enough wattage to cover your peripherals (graphic card mainly, some of those graphics cards need a lot of juice) and even more importantly, make sure you get one with the right amount of pins to connect to the motherboard. Take a look at what's on there and how many pins your motherboard connection has before choosing the power supply.

But in my experience, just about all brands of power supply are created equal and all will fail every few years if they're in a place that has a lot of dust and/or pet fur.

kek

Oh yeah my Graphics card is a Nivida GeForce GT 610 I think? Super shit, barely even a graphics card tbh but it does the job for some photoshop stuff

This is happening to me exactly as said in OP, usually if too many processes are going off at once.
Saving up for a pc that isn't prebuilt this time

Yeah it tends to happen while I'm doing something, I tried rendering a video with Sony Vegas and it died on me