I want to know more about Hungarians

I want to know more about Hungarians.

What exactly are they?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magyarization
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

boring slavshits

i love u acıkmış my turani breh

Regular Balto-Slavic folk who adopted the Uralic language of the military elite that founded the medieval kingdom of Magyarorzasg in the Pannonian Basin by the early 10th century.

Me too.
Bump.

wish i knew less

heló, Im descendant of hungarian noblemen
one of my grandmothers is german but my fathers side is 100% magyar as far as I know
what else would you like to know about us?

How do you feel about your country's neighbours?

why are old magyars fat and wearing corded pants

how come you guys LARP as horse archery nomads?

Why is your country so shit?

>romania
hate them with a burning passion just like every other good little magyar does
>ukraine
a non-country that will cease to exist in the near future, also eastern slavic asiatic orthodox subhuman trash
>slovakia
cant really hate them personally, cant take them seriously either
probably slovaks are the most similar to us in the world though
>austria
I like austria, pretty comfy country desu
>slovenia
dont know much about them
theyre basically slavic speaking austrians I guess
>croatia
balkanite barbarians just like serbs
>serbia
one of the worse, most hopeless shitholes in the world, must be really depressing to be a serb

opinions about finlan and durkey :DD:d:d:D:dddd
(and eesti too i suppose)

because our ancestors were horse archering nomads and our first kings (Árpád dynasty 997-1301) were convinced that they were related to Attila
apart from that, the finno-ugric theory was invented under Habsburg times and back then it really looked like Habsburg propaganda:
finns were a weak slave nation serving their germanic masters... magyars didnt like the connotations of that relationship

>one of the worse, most hopeless shitholes in the world, must be really depressing to be a serb

Don't Hungarians have a bigger suicide rate?

how did parents escape gulag?

I guess we share more similarities with finns because both nations consists of sad depressed alcoholic standoffish autists

I like gyros and ayran but turks are outgoing brown normies, therefore they frighten me

>i like gyros
m-macar lad why ;_;

MY ANCESTORS :)

DELETE THIS IMAGE IMEEDIATELY

Hungarians have brown hair, brown eyes. There are no blondes here!

Originally Turkic or Uralic tribes that came west and settled, but over a thousand years the genetics were normalized and outbred, now they are basically identical to Austrians, Slovaks and Croatians. Like every modern country that existed since the early middle ages, they've been fucked over and they fucked over all their neighbors. They're a basic 50/50 R1a/R1b mix that changes the further east and west you go in the country.

Btw

Is the term "Finno-Ugric" completely irrelevant for you?

Linguistically it can make sense
Genetically it's so distant for most included groups that it's nigh irrelevant.

>ur first kings (Árpád dynasty 997-1301) were convinced that they were related to Attila

wut, first time i hear this, didnt knew old magyars themselves bought into this bullshit, can you source it?

True

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magyarization

I wonder how do history lessons about this go on about in Szekely or southern Slovakia where huns make 70%+ people, i imagine it gets pretty fucking awkward

So basically they set Hungarian as the administrative language of the Kingdom of Hungary and prioritized linguistics over ethnicity? Also it says how minority rights were better than anywhere else.

For szekely, you didn't learn jack about Hungarian History in Romanian schools. Might be different nowadays, and I can't speak for Southern Slovakia. Communism specialized in censorship though, so it probably wasn't exclusive.

This

>So basically they set Hungarian as the administrative language of the Kingdom of Hungary and prioritized linguistics over ethnicity?

No, nationalism was on huge rise due to French revolution and the fact that Magyars were minority started to become dangerous, minorities started realising they are not Magyars.

So this very smart jew mr Aponyi had very good idea of forbiding people to speak their language, which of course, even rised the tensions