Why season 1-2?

Everytime I see a "best simpsons seasons" rating, it always boils down to:

>3-10 were best
>3- 9 were best

I cannot understand why you would like shitty seasons like 9 and 10 over 1 and 2. They are fantastic. Can somebody care to explain?

>inb4 shitty animation/quality

The animation/ quality on the earlier seasons is comfy af. Besides, it's not that important.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i_gFj11nX-g
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ17nsRN7pY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They just weren't funny.

/thread

/thread

Bit of a statement. They are pretty funny to me. Besides, it's not always the individual gags and jokes that makes an episode good.

Most first season of shows are never good

Exactly.

Season 1 & 2 are good, when will this meme die

When people rewatch those seasons.

Season 1 and 2 were trying to be like a regular sitcom.

1 was pretty good. 2 was fantastic. 9 and onwards is SHIT.

>mfw retarded Simpsons plebs continue to disrespect the first season despite 10/10 classics like Homer's Odyssey

If you'd rather watch The Canine Mutiny or Homerpalooza instead of Some Enchanted Evening, kill yourself you nuSimpsons piece of shit.

So to answer your question OP, only pleb retards don't like Season 1 or 2.

It's not that 1 & 2 weren't good, it's that the series had its glory years between seasons 3 - 8. Seasons 1 and 2 were building up to that run of brilliance and seasons 9 and 10 were the slow beginnings of the shows eventual decline.

YES! I love Homer's Odyssey. It's funny as hell.

Senpai. Season 8 is shit compared to 1 and 2.

2 is the best and they were funny
These people just think they have high standards of "what's funny" but they really just aren't old enough to "get" the humor of the early Simpsons.

fucking faggot

I don't know

I've always thought 1-2 were the best of the show, they had the best writing, the best jokes, the best character development, and hell they were even the ones with the biggest ratings and cultural impact.

the shitty animation/quality is exactly what made it uncomfy

the shitty design yet hand drawn animation made it incredibly comfy

go back to watching Rick and Morty, millennialfag

This is all correct. The characters' relationships with each other felt most like an actual family dynamic and that is what The Simpsons was about albeit with more irreverence. People here despise James L. Brooks for some reason but his work on The Simpsons was masterful. Season 2 is the best season of the entire series.
>Lisa's Substitute
>Homer vs Lisa & the 8th Commandment
>Blood Feud
>Bart vs Thanksgiving
>Bart Gets an F
>Bart Gets Hit By a Car
>One FIsh Two Fish Blowfish Blue Fish

These are CLASSIC episodes. And there's more

>this isn't comfy it's not le digitally animated

youtube.com/watch?v=i_gFj11nX-g

die

season 2 built on everything set up by season 1 in terms of character development

By the end of the season the characters were basically set and have been slowly eroded over time into a few exaggerated traits as they become little more than hollow vehicles to deliver jokes and pop culture references.

season 2 was also the one Phil Hartman got started on.

it's the greatest season followed by 3 and then 5.

>Season 2 is the best season of the entire series.
Agreed, and by a pretty big margin.

They were also centered on Bart instead of Homer. Early Bart was shit. Ironic considering he was the reason the show took the country by storm.

>centered on Bart
>Homer's Odyssey, Life on the Fast Lane and Moaning Lisa in season 1 alone

further proof that season 1-2 haters are legit retarded

Also the one were they go to a camp trip.

Season 1 gets too much flak just because of the animation and that its more emotional than others.

early Bart was awesome too. he had heart. Bart vs Thanksgiving is an incredible episode. youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ17nsRN7pY
There aren't many sequences that tow the line between funny and horrifying as well as this.

Yep. Season 1 is very intense compared to some of the other seasons.

Season one is great. The secondcseason is probably the best out of them all.

>only 35 calories

My favorite episode of season 1 is The Crepes of Wrath, it's a classic

General Bart was also pretty good.

Its a shame such mentality makes people ignore this season.

People hate it simply because it is different. The animation is cruder, the humor is more subtle and character-driven and there's more sentimentality in comparison to later seasons.