Got general

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-7-maisie-williams-arya-jon-snow-emmys-1201836344/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Azor Jon

Previous thread

Maisie

Is GoT the worst cable show?

>daily rape is worse than anything Jon suffered or everything he suffered put together

Sansafag please

Where are the branbros from last thread?

it's /got/ general
Good thread anyway. I see you reclaimed /got/ from the sersifags. Good work

It was not just rape though, Ramsey surely did some tortures too. depending on how long Sansa was there, it could be worse than what Jon suffered.

Rape and some cutting, probably some whipping and some beating.

Jon had to kill or cause the deaths of multiple people he liked and a woman he loved, lose close friends and see thousands of people getting slaughtered knowing he failed to save them, and gets rewarded by a kid he took under his wing stabbing him in the heart and being stabbed by people he was trying to save and considered his brothers

>got instead of /got/
>no backlink
>previous threads deleted because of potatofag

Might as well end it.

Never

It's already dead. /got/ is just a crawling zombie by now.

Then you'll burn.

No it's not, we're just a bit slower since the school year is starting again in the US.

Filming's gonna start soon, casting calls will continue to come out, leaks will start popping up, sets will be built and we'll get pics of that and more.

And Emmys are soon with a fair number of nominations for the show. We could laugh about what they won, what they lost, which actors got BTFO, and how hot some of the actresses were and how high or drunk or both Sophie looked

Carice and Liam are robbed again while that shitty excuse of an actor Harrington will probably win ergh bet Clarke gets one aswell.

That is true, but Jon chose that path for himself when he joined the Night's Watch. Jon took charge of the situation by his own choice and took power by his own choice. Being with the Night's Watch isn't something he had to do for survival nor did Ned force him to go up there. It came as part of duty as do the deaths that come along with it.

Sansa was manipulated into marrying Ramsay and then Ramsay had his way with her. Sansa was forced into doing shit she didn't want to and didn't have the power to escape it. Whenever she did she was fucked over. What Sansa and Jon went through were both horrible, but not having the freedom of choice fucks you up pretty badly.

When you are forced to do something and have your rights violated it fucks over people big time. Then again everyone adapts to those sort of situations differently and it's not as if Jon hasn't changed either, he has. (Jon tried running away for fuck's sake.) Sansa wants to regain the power that she lost when she was being held hostage by the Lannisters, getting attacked and almost raped by the townspeople, being tormented by Joffery all the time, dealing with Cersei, dealing with Lysa, being betrayed by Littlefinger, being raped and abused by Ramsay, and then having the guy you grew up with and 'kill' your little brothers watch as you get raped is more than a little traumatic.

Being a pawn has made Sansa darker and warped her, greatly. If Jon was raped/abused every night by the Night's Watch or Ramsay I am pretty sure it would, too, had warped his personality a bit more, too.

Carice to be fair didn't have that many strong acting scenes this season. Davos confronting her was about it, and that's not a very long scene

Ture. Liam though I think was great despite d&d fucking over Davos' character

>That is true, but Jon chose that path for himself when he joined the Night's Watch. Jon took charge of the situation by his own choice and took power by his own choice. Being with the Night's Watch isn't something he had to do for survival nor did Ned force him to go up there. It came as part of duty as do the deaths that come along with it.

No he didn't and yes he did. Ned fucked him by not sending him to get fostered anywhere even when he was the right age or could've lived his life with some other family like the Reeds. And Jon was getting kicked out cause Cat's a bitch and wouldn't let him stay and Jon literally had nowhere else to go.

And Sansa chose to get married to Ramsay, and even after Miranda told her what Ramsay was and she saw what he dud to Theon, she did fu k all.

And it's nit all Jon's choice, it's what he had to and was forced to do since he made the vows or was concerned with everyone's survival while still trying to stay true to the Watch in his own.

The shit Jon went through is exceptional even among the Night's Watch

>No he didn't and yes he did. Ned fucked him by not sending him to get fostered anywhere even when he was the right age or could've lived his life with some other family like the Reeds. And Jon was getting kicked out cause Cat's a bitch and wouldn't let him stay and Jon literally had nowhere else to go.

Maybe Ned did, but that has no bearing to this argument. Jon wanted to go to the Night's Watch. He made the choice to go. Just, because truth doesn't match up with reality doesn't mean that Jon was manipulated into going there. Ned didn't tell Jon to go there. In fact, if I recall BenJen told Jon to reconsider, but Jon insisted. If Jon had done his homework BEFORE and headed up there to visit and stay awhile I'm pretty sure Jon might have reconsidered.

As for Sansa, she trusted Littlefinger. So even though she saw all that she trusted him. Also, did you forget that Sansa was under the impression that Theon killed Bran and Rickon as well as knew that he took over Winterfell, killed some people, and burned it down. As far Sansa could tell Theon deserved what he got. I'm pretty sure Sansa didn't know that Ramsay would do what he did to her, because SHE didn't do anything to deserve that kind of treatment. Also, SHE TRUSTED LITTLEFINGER.

That's the big difference here.

>Just, because the fantasy in his head didn't match up with reality

CAST. HER

remember

not fit to breed

not fit to lead

bran can't be king

>Maybe Ned did, but that has no bearing to this argument. Jon wanted to go to the Night's Watch. He made the choice to go.

Then I could say the same about Sansa marrying Ramsay or even choosing to go to the Boltons anyway. Jon literally had nowhere else to go and was raised with no skill or trade or family that'd let him find anywhere else to go after Winterfell and that's on Ned. And funny how you talk about trust for Sansa but think Jon trusting his father or uncle is his own mistake

So Miranda tells her shit and she thinks Theon deserved it so Ramsay's not crazy, sadistic or a terrible person to still go through a marriage to?

And trusting Littlefinger means she was manipulated? Means Ramsay's not sadistic and crazy?

>Rape and some cutting, probably some whipping and some beating.
You are right. Its probably nothing. I mean look at Theon, he is perfectly fine. Ramsey isn't a psychopath.

Theon got flayed, castrated and constantly tortured and mind broken to be made into a pet and servant, that didn't happen to Sansa and you fucking know it tumblr

No we dont know. we are not shown what happened to her and all we have is her account. And she describes it as really horrible. If Ramsey did some the things he did to Jayne poole, then yes sansa had it worse than jon

Do any of you even care about this show anymore?

It's astounding how much the quality of the show dropped in S6.

Howland Reed

Cast him.

Do any of you even care about this site anymore?

It's astounding how much the quality of the site dropped in 2006

cute

Cast her

>Jon literally had nowhere else to go and was raised with no skill or trade or family that'd let him find anywhere else to go after Winterfell and that's on Ned.

>Jon has no skill
>Jon can read
>Jon can fight with a sword

Ok then.

I like Jon, too, but how can I put this? I think you are projecting too much of your own feelings into Jon and his situation rather than taking it for what it is. Maybe he would have been better off not with Ned, but the reality is that he grew up with the Starks and loves Ned. If Jon had the chance to do his life over again he would still probably chose being with Ned rather than being shipped off with another family. So while YOU might think he's better off that way it may not be what the character thinks.

This is why I'm having an issue with this discussion, because you are bringing up something that's not really canon? It's almost as if you are bringing head canon into a canon fight. So you will continue to argue that your head canon is right when it's just head canon. I guess you can call it a hypothetical situation, too, but I feel by doing so you are not really grounding your argument to the reality of the story that we have been presented with.

So, by making Jon this poor victim it already warps your view of him and other characters which warps your argument. You are seeing things that are not there and don't exist. If Jon even got to a point where he hates Ned and regrets being with him, then yeah, I can then maybe agree with you, but as of right now I can't. Sorry.

>And funny how you talk about trust for Sansa but think Jon trusting his father or uncle is his own mistake

You are making it seem like Ned and Benjen lied to Jon, but I don't think that they did.

She says he cut her, raped her and did things inside of her.

But her fingers are fine so he didn't flayed her, he didn't do aunty Nguyen that'd stop her from having an heir as she says, and she shows nothing about a dog or aversion or familiarity with to them and he only comes and hurts her at night and Miranda says he plans they have are for after she gives him a son or two.

She's not Jeyne or Theon level and yiu know it tumblr

So you actually do? Why? D&D don't even care about the show aymore

King's Landing Whore #15632

There are many ways to torture. and if Ramsey is flaying he is probably doing it in a more private area. Not showing familiarity to dogs means nothing.

The facts remain the same, we are not shown what Ramsey did to her and she said what he did was horrible. We dont know exactly what he did but we know he is capable of doing horrible things. You are just choosing to not believe in her, you dont have any proof either way.

>tumblr
have we started name calling already? should I call you Sup Forums or jump to the end and just call you hitler?

>If Jon had the chance to do his life over again he would still probably chose being with Ned rather than being shipped off with another family. So while YOU might think he's better off that way it may not be what the character thinks.

Jon wanted to have kids, Jon wanted to have a wife, Jon thought the Wall was shit and that Ned and Benjen lied (rewatch season 1 after he gets to the Wall and is pissed)and in the books additionally thinks of how if he could accept Stannis' s offer, he could be Lord have a wife and kids after all but can't cause vows and Sansa's ahead of him

But tell me, where could he go? He doesn't know the other Northern families or Houses personally, never been outside of Winterfell, doesn't follow the Faith so can't be a knight, only other family he has and person he knows outside of Winterfell is Benjen and Ned won't take him South and even at 1430 hasn't been fostered anywhere.

>This is where I leave you
>Stay with us
>I can't go south of the wall
>Leaves them while they are still beyond the wall.

Accusations require proof.

I see no evidence that Ramsay did anything but have rough sex with her.

Considering how he's treated other women in his life, or prisoners, I think she got off easy.

:/

Why doesn't he wear the Tully colors?

Sansa shows no signs of flaying or literal torture, even in her night shift you only see bruises, not peeled off skin, nt anything.

And how does not showing an aversion or familiarity with the dogs not show she didn't get fucked by one. Even getting chased she didn't seem exceptionally scared or familiar with them.

>The facts remain the same, we are not shown what Ramsey did to her and she said what he did was horrible. We dont know exactly what he did but we know he is capable of doing horrible things.

Being capable is different than doing them especially when Miranda says the big plans are for after she gives him sons.

And you're the one assuming he did Jeyne level shit when nothing shows that

Because Tullys are a disease.

Thats because the show has a shit costume designer and edgey showrunners who thinks everyone wore muted colours in the feudal system

>dies for a fucking castle instead of his family
>not still diseased

Why was Blackfish such an awesome badass and Cat and Edmure such massive fucking faggots? What happened to that family?

Hoster was a cunt.

See Being a fuck up is in their genes

>Lysa falling for Petyr, staying obsessed, killing her husband, lying to Cat
>Edmure fucking up Robb's plan
>Cat trusting Littlefinger
>Bran climbing after being told not to, telling Osha to take Rickon to the Umbers (show only), and going to that tree, pic related that resulted in the 3ER, Hodor all the Children dying
>Robb breaking his oaths and knowingly going to the House of a man he pissed off and got told not to piss off and who has a history of bad blood with the Tullys
>Sansa telling Cersei their plans, siding with Joffrey, not giving a shit about Jory or Micah dying, not caring about Jeyne being taken away (book only), willingly marrying Ramsay (show only) and lying to Jon about everything.
>Arya disobeying an FM order knowing it'd mean death then casually walking through Braavos and getting stabbed
>Rickon not zig zagging

All thanks to Tully genes.

That or the Harrenhal curse is trying to kill everyone who carries the blood of a House that held it, in which case fuck the Whents

>Blackfish reks shit with Barristan and becomes known as one of the finest knights in the seven kingdoms during the war of the ninepenny kings
>Cat, Lysa, and Edmure pretty much fuck everything up for everyone

For being the black sheep of the family it's pretty ironic that he was the only Tully that wasn't a total nigger.

Are you talking shit about based Edmure? He is the only lord who cared

He's a fucking retard and if the books follow the show he's a traitor faggot too. I hope his baby is born dead and his wife gets raped and murdered by a pack of Summer Islanders.

I want to marry Maisie!

The RR stuff already happened in book 4. He isnt a traitor he bought the blackfish time to escape.

She wasn't there that long, though. She got off easy all things considered. Just look at Theon.

From how history will remember Jon right after the battle, he'll be exactly like one of the heroes in the songs, and Sansa will either be forgotten or be a damsel in distress they'll say he saved

Theon was hated by the North. So Ramsay could do as he pleased. He was much more "gentle" with Sansa as to not give the Northmen a reason to rebel.

Seeing as Blackfish died off screen why couldn't they have just let him escape? It would have changed nothing. Edmure could have just lied and said he was shot by a bow and drowned in the river and Jaime would not have known the difference.

>why couldn't they have just let him escape?

Cause that leaves a loose thread again for a character who just came back when D&D are trying to get to the endgame

why do you post this in a fucking dead general? so fucking mental

just fucking kill yourself, you disgusting waifufag. you fags will hang from the trees, one day.

I want to cum in her ass while Sophie milks my prostate and talks to me all chavvy

>Kit still not spotted in Belfast
>Kit's not gonna be at the Venice Festival for a movie of his with Dakota Fanning, Guy Pearce and Carice Van Houten
>as far a anyone know she's still in Canada filming some other movie

What's this gonna mean for the emmys and filming the show?

Northern Ireland filming isn't until October so it looks more Wintery. Those scenes will be the last to start filming.

Stannis

So why did Sophie film all of her Huntsville scenes just in time to fly to Belfast for the show?

Why are trumpfags so triggered?

you want kids that look like (pic related)?

most beautiful girl in the seven continents

>sophie still crushing trumpfags
>"lol ok m8"
>this is what libtards consider "crushing"

>trumpfag gets triggered by an argument from almost a week ago
>gets laughed at
>not crushed

Are Jonfags all that retarded?
>girl is named catelyn in the first text thingy
>guy has brown hair
>looks like he's at least 30
>he's fucking in winterfell

What in the hell makes him think it's Jon, then go "REEEEEEE jon doesn't have brown hair"?

Does he assume everyone is Jon?
>WTF is that fat black amputee girl, Jon isn't fat or black or a girl or an amputee! Bad art!

>reasonably explaining something - republicans pay for her shit too - is "being triggered"
>spouting 12y/o insults "lol ok m8" is "crushing"

I guess it's no surprise coming from libtard, I mean to you emotions are arguments and statistics/facts aren't as important as your feelings, but still...

>triggered
>assumes I'm a liberal
>putting words in my mouth

We see you Sup Forums

>uses "trumpfags"
>calls Sup Forums booygeman (republicans don't do that, most are really pro Sup Forums)
>triggered and asspained when I call him libtard, doesn't say what he is only goes ad hominem and run around the issue

>only liberals hate trump
>no true republican/no true scotsman
>says I'm the one triggered

Wew lad

Hey guys I'm just doing a reread of AFFC and was thinking about Naggas bones on the iron islands. Allegedly these are the ribs of a sea dragon, although some people think they might be a uncarved petrified weyr wood grove.

Whatever they are i feel the presence of Naggas bones is significant for our story as unlike the bones of every other dragon we come across in the books Naggas bones are white and not black, considering how grrm approaches mythical creature such as dragons having only four limbs, this would suggest whatever left the bones is not a dragon like any other we have met so far in the story.

So what was nagga? My next thought was maybe it was something more akin to a Chinese dragon, a sea serpent or leviathan . The only problem I have with that is we are told the Nagga supposedly fed on leviathans. So was nagga just a bigger sea snake feeding on smaller sea snakes? That just doesn't feel right to me.

>we are told the Nagga supposedly fed on leviathans

How do Westrosi know about the Leviathan? did they read the Bible?

Sea dragons could be different enough from regular dragons that their bones would be different colors.

Doubt something that's in the sea would need to be hot enough that it's blood can cause water to boil, smokes, and can burn people.

Probably indoor scenes.

>"Nagga had been the first sea dragon, the mightiest ever to rise from the waves. She fed on krakens and leviathans and drowned whole islands in her wrath, yet the Grey King had slain her and the Drowned God had changed her bones to stone so that men might never cease to wonder at the courage of the first of kings."

Sounds like the kind of retarded shit the Ironbabbies would believe in

So Kit's gonna be doing his own indoor scenes in October and filming separately from Sophie at first then?

Makes sense I guess, they film the episodes and scenes out of order anyway and Sansa is probably gonna be more indoors while Jon's gonna be doing outdoors things like mobilizing an army.

Why is it that no one's ever ventured beyond the Shadow Lands?

Not even when the Valyrians were at their full strength did they try and go East instead of West or South. One traveled through Sothoryos for 3 years, why not East?

They know people live in the Shadow Lands like the Shadow men, why not see what's beyond?

Because Trump

Soon.

It's a comfy Jonbro thread! OP isn't based though, because this is /got/ not got. Almost thought we were banned again when search showed no results.

Thanks Uncle Benjen

SHE'S SKINNY AGAIN!!!!!

kek

From Season 5?

based jonposts

And uglier than ever.

Maisie Williams interview with Variety

variety.com/2016/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-7-maisie-williams-arya-jon-snow-emmys-1201836344/

>What was the most challenging aspect of Season 6?

>The contact lenses, for sure – last season they were really exciting to use and I only had them for one scene and it was a cool thing to be doing on set. I wasn’t really too worried about this year, I didn’t really think it through, I guess, and then I got to set and realized I was gonna be doing all these stunt scenes and I was gonna be fighting Faye [Marsay] — well, actually not fighting, just getting beat to s–t by Faye — and realized there was going to be a lot more to do. We were also out in the sun in Girona and that made it really difficult, because although the contact lenses are opaque so everything is white, the light that comes through is really bright, so it was this strange squinting even though I couldn’t see a thing. Obviously they wanted to see the contact lenses, so there’s no point me wearing them and squinting. Various things made it a lot more challenging – I don’t know how the White Walkers and other people in films do it for so long. Four episodes was enough for me!

>How did you feel about Arya being the one to kill Walder Frey [David Bradley], since fans have been itching to see him die since the Red Wedding?

>I was so thrilled. [Laughs.] Honestly so thrilled. And that was all anyone really said to me – any of the crew. I feel like talking to the crew about the show, there’s so many of them that if you talk to a lot of different people about the show, and find out a lot of their opinions, you get a really good overall consensus as to what the world thinks of the show and what they enjoy and don’t enjoy. There’s so many people and they’re so varied and all from different departments and they’re all watching it for different reasons, so you get a really good idea of what people are rooting for and what they’re excited for.

Everyone, from all departments, said, “you have got the best kill of any kill ever. I don’t think there’s a single person in the world that won’t be thrilled that Walder Frey is gone,” so it felt very, very good. It was such a fun day – so many things just went so well with that scene. There’s this one take where we did a close-up and I slit his throat and he’s bleeding out and I got this perfect little speck of blood just above my collarbone on my neck. It wasn’t like Tarantino blood everywhere, just this one little speck and it happened naturally, it happened realistically, and you literally couldn’t have flicked a bit of blood on better, a makeup girl couldn’t have done it any more perfectly. And Fabian [Wagner, the show’s director of photography], the way he lit me in that scene, I was so stoic and cool – a lot of things went really right and it got a great reaction.

>What are the logistics of filming a scene like that?

>We all have changes of outfits, but it’s so time-consuming that you don’t really want it to come to that, so people are just on hand with towels for blood and props people are on hand to change out the pie and get a new pastry crust on top so you can reveal the finger again. There’s so much that goes into it, but people think that very dialoguey scenes would be difficult – which of course they are, but you get a good run at it and everyone gets into the flow of it.

>A scene like that, it’s just a very disjointed day, so we started off doing the little bit of scene beforehand with the servant girl, you get into a normal dialogue scene and then you get into face changing, and Prosthetics steps in and gives me the face, and Hair steps in so I can whip off my wig, and then Props come in with the pies, and then David’s got to go away and put on a big rig and a fake neck and we’re all waiting around for a good hour while he does that. And then he comes back in and we get Armory on set with the knife and cutting him, and we get Special Effects with all the blood and making sure the blood squirts out perfectly – “do you want a dribble or do you want a spray?” – so it just means the day is very long and tedious, but it’s something that I very much enjoy. As an actor, nothing that you train in can prepare you for what you do on set; every day is so different and if you’ve got it down in a classroom, chances are it’s gonna be extremely different once you get onto a film set. It’s just about trying to nail what you want to do with a scene every time, regardless of who else is sat in front of you spilling blood and lighting flames and stuff.