Is this cut infected

is this cut infected
i've had a bandaid on it for a few days and just checked and it's all goopy

how does it smell ?

You should probably visit a doctor, OP. Don't be a fucking pussy.

the goop smelled kinda icky
should i try cleaning the rest off?
how exactly do i clean an open wound that could be infected

I'm sorry son but it appears you are becoming a women

is it warmer than usual to the touch and tender, smell funky, oozing puss? if not then no. and usually no.

Looks fine to me, just shove another bandage on it and wait it out!

also do what i do and close it up and put super glue over it. it stings like a bitch and leaves a scar but nicer than dealing with it.

Skip the bandage, just let it dry out in the open air. Doesn't look infected.

Thought that was a pierced pig vagina from the thumbnail.

Rub some salt in it. Don't be a faggot.

it's an open wound on my thigh, i don't want it rubbing up against my pants

Run it over clean water.
Put bandaid on it.
When you have time and a little extra money, buy hydrogen peroxide.
Put hydrogen peroxide on cut.
Put fresh bandaid on.

Of course, of you're gonna go outside put a bandage over it. But try and leave it free for as much as possible.

to be honest if you're not scared of a bit of pain this is actually decent advise, salt has anti-
septic properties.

Why are you cutting your thighs? Are you faggot?

I just want him to burn for cutting himself.

you need antibiotics go see your doctor, for now, clean it with water and hydrogen peroxide. put a fresh dry bandage on it.

Hydrogen Peroxide to clean followed up with a smear of honey and a bandaid. Honey is antibiotic.

Jesus Christ it's a fucking cut, fuck off with the pussy bullshit doctor advice. What is a doctor gonna do?

its severe. emergency room NOW. go alone and tell them your parents are neglectful and you need help while you're at it

It's goopy from the neosporin on the bandaid.

Just wash it and let it dry for a while then put another bandaid on

Fucking children... I swear to god.

Try /r/selfharmpics if you feel like getting more responses, they're more experienced than most people checking this thread. None of mine ever looked like that so I've got no clue, the other people here seem to know what they're talking about though.

Try to Google 'infection symptoms' and compare them to your own symptoms.

If you run a tiny amount, I mean absolutely miniscule amount of Nair (hair removal stuff) on the top and gently cover it (again, lightly as possible) the chemicals that normally burn off the hair act instead as chemicals that burn off the ick!

Clean it with vodka, close it with a stapler.
Eat some raw garlic to kill any bacteria that already went inside.
You'll be ok on no time and chicks dig scars

> a little extra money
> buy hydro peroxide

It doesn't look infected. The surrounding area would be red and swollen if it was. Run warm water over it and use disinfectant then a layer of polysporin before putting another bandage on it.

How stupid is Sup Forums it's not hard to keep a cut clean

Replace the bad bacteria of the wound with floral, intestinal bacteria.

Just clean the wound as best you can, then smear a bit of your own poop on it.

Before bed, clean it again with water only, smear poop (thick layer), then cover it completely with bandaid or duct tape.

That will allow the intestinal bacteria to clean the wound for you. If you feel cold the next day, repeat the process.

k i cleaned off the goop, idk why this is so bloody though, the cut is a couple weeks old i think

Who cares?! Go the fuck to bed young man!

The bandage keeps it moist. Try to go bandage free as much as possible.

I'm not that guy but it sounds like a troll but really isnt

Intestinal bacteria does help heal wounds

You can't use all of the poop though

You have to scrape just the outside 2-4 mm of the log of poop because that has the most intestinal bacteria.
The inner core of the poop WILL INFECT THE WOUND.
As long as you just use a little poop for the outside part of the poop, it will heal perfectly

I'm a doctor that studies feces
I helped to build a machine that makes synthetic poop, but I won't tell you which one I am
Look it up

Stop. Just. Stop.

medfag here, put peroxide on the cut then wash it with warm water, repeat the process a few times just to be sure, after it's thoroughly cleaned, I would recommend a thin layer of antibiotic Neosporin followed by a bandage, its going to ooze for a while, when it oozes through, clean it with more peroxide and replace the bandage/Neosporin until it's healed.

Whatever man
Obviously there are better ways to clean out a wound (Peroxide etc.), but I was just commenting that it IS POSSIBLE if you are in a survival situation

Absolutely infected. Clean with warm soapy water, pat dry or air dry and let it scab up fully before you bandage again.

Medfag back again, if you are stupid enough to smear feces on your wound, not only will you die, it will be a painful death.

put some table salt on it should be fine

This OP. Don't leave bandaids on for days. 12 hours at most.

Don't put peroxide on it

Just rinse it with lukewarm water, and then rub some neosporin onto a gauze pad.

Put the gauze pad that has the neosporin directy over the wound. Then proceed to wrap it up with a gauze/bandage roll.

Change the bandage every day and repeat the process to keep things clean and safe. If it gets worse or develops signs of an infection then you have no choice but to see a doctor.

Jesus Christ you're a faggot
wash it with some antibacterial soap that isn't scented or dyed. put some neosporin on it, and cover it back up.

>directing someone to reddit
>admitting you use reddit
>admitting you self harm
>admitting you post your self harm on reddit
What the fuck is wrong with Sup Forums now

Also during the times between changing the bandages, let the wound get some fresh air so it is dry before you wrap it up again

ok
thanks for the advice

I DIDNT LOOK UP THE COST FUCKER I HAVE THINGS TO DO PEOPLE TO SEE I CANT GO WASTING MY TIME LIKE THAT .,PYFLRCH

not only is it infected, it required sutures
best case scenario is a scar, otherwise an infection, possibly necrosis, worst case scenario sepsis

looks self inflicted =50 DKP for troll emo fag'a'tron
smear your tears and shit into it and post pic's or your mom will die in her sleep tonight.

hp destroys vital cells.
dont be a fagtard use grain alcohol

charge you 460 dollars since its probably america.
sorry brah you gone die soon

Just put some super glue on that bitch and forget about it

that ass zit damn

Gonna be a sick scar OP, cool job!

NOT a doctor but a medical professional of 14 years experience here. I can't tell if it is deep enough to need stitching, but it definitely needs cleaning. Infections, (like the staph on everyone's skin,) can become very serious, even requiring amputation to save your life from a septic limb.
Get:
Water as hot as you can stand,
Neosporin or Polysporin anti-septic,
3 small Butterfly band-aids,
a cheap tooth brush,
a gentle skin soap,

Scrub that thing with the hot soapy toothbrush then rinse well. Apply a THIN layer of antiseptic, as too much will prevent the butterfly bandages from adhering firmly. Stretch the cut closed using the butterfly band-aids. Check it tomorrow, if the redness and swelling has not decreased, go to the walk in clinic right away.

FUCK LOOK AT THIS GODDAMN FAGGOT SHIT DICK COCK GOBBLING JIZZ GUZZLING CUNT SUCKING FUCK TRUCKER. LETS ALL LAUGH AT THE RETARD REDDIT READING TESTICLE TICKLER

GO DIE IN A FIRE I WANT YOU TO EAT YOUR OWN ASS TO DEATH YOU SCUM WIGGLING ANAL MONKEY FUCKING BURN FUCK YOUR MOTHER AND GET THE AIDS THEN GO ROLL AROUND IN YOUR OWN SHIT YOU DICK DIDDLING TITTY TAPPING BUTT BANDIT.

Dont be a faglord, just put it on the sun at noon and it will close/disinfect/heal

>Studies feces
>STUDIES FECES
>STUDIES FECES
>STUDIES FECES
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FUCKING FAGGOT GO RAPE AN ALLIGATOR

it doesn't look infected, let it breathe for anow hour each day, in the mean time keep it under a bandage with some type of antibacterial gel. keep an eye on the skin around the wound, usually the one of the first signs is the skin around it will start to become red and irritated.

GOTTA GET IN THAT CHAN QUOTA BEFORE MIDNIGHT RIGHT YOU FUCKING FUCK FUCKER FUCKING DIE IM GONNA RAPE YOUR BUTTHOLE WITH A FORK IM GONNA EAT YOUR BACON EXTRA CRISPY FUCKING BOW TO ME SCUM YOU ARE NOTHING BEFORE ME IM AM YOUR GOD AND YOU WILL GIVE ME MY JOY ENTERTAIN ME KILL FOR ME DO AS I COMMAND DO IT NOW KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF AND ILL FEED YOUR ASHES TO YOUR MOTHER YOU NIGGER NEEDING SPIC SLEEPING HONKY HATER

Last time I had a cut like that (not self harm) all I did was flush with peroxide, rinse, bandage and forget about it. When I checked it a week later it looked like ops except a bit more granulation tissue. Ibe had many cuts like that while in the field at my job as a security contractor. An initial flush and mediocre care has always been adequate for me. Also I work in Kenya guarding a mine so that place is just rife with infection. Also I'm white before you wake call me a nigger. Live in South Africa

Nigga that's a squid.

Youre gonna die.

Its about to get septic real fast. Wash the shit out of it, douse it in hydrogen peroxide, and pat it dry.

Next take a gauze bandage and Bacitracin to it, not Neosporin. A nice liberal coating, it may burn. Slap the gauze on top and tape down with medical tape.

Make an appt to see your doctor asap. You may need antibiotics.

Beyond antibacterials at this point, he needs antiseptic gels.

Alcohol kills cells too fuckhead. HP has the benefit of moving dead tissue out of the wound tract.

>a little extra money

Dude H2O2 is like a dollar

No redness around wound, you're fine.