I CAN'T WAIT FOR BJORKS NEXT ALBUM!

She's sooooooooo fucking relevant in 2017! I wonder if Technotronic is releasing some new hot tracks this year?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Björk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Awards_and_nominations
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXtPy1tPr5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=RvXkx3IcOi4
youtube.com/watch?v=0SuYh9d_uBs
i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>listening to art pop artists out of their 'relevancy' or 'popularity'

I bet you're the type of pondscum who thinks Grimes is good

But we have Grimes now
She's making more exciting and interesting music

Dumb grimesposter

This. Bjork lost her mojo years ago. These days she's churning dull arty music with no decent songwriting. Grimes is the real deal now.

Beware, Grimesfags - the day of the rope draws near

That goes to you too, ironic Grimsfags

Bjork turns 52 this year... Give your fucking heads a shake. She's a dead meme.

fuckin wew

this
Grimes is invincible right now

Maybe I can win you over.

Listened to Debut? Post? Vespertine?

Bjork has constantly pushed boundaries. And keeps pushing them. She even pissed off China. She is a legitimate badass. She gives no fucks, and has 100% artistic integrity.

Grimes? She has two semi notable songs: Oblivion and Genesis. Outside of this?

>She's the best female artist you've never heard of

IDK, sounds pretentious to claim that.

>Human Behaviour
>Venus As A Boy
>Army Of Me
>Pagan Poetry
>Hyper Ballad
>I Go Humble
>It's Oh So Quiet (yes, a cover of Betty Hutton; still very well known)
>Oceania
>Possibly Maybe
>more

I wish Grimes the best, but her output in her career hasn't even approached Bjork levels.

Not only that, you ask anyone "Who is a better artist: Bjork or Grimes", I wonder what answer you'll get.

>She's better because she's currently relevant and looks moderately attractive

Please stop.

Grimes is shit

>Grimes? She has two semi notable songs: Oblivion and Genesis. Outside of this?
Just what I thought: you didn't even listen to her music if you pretend she has only 2 good songs. With only 2 good songs she wouldn't be so discussed on the most pretentious music board (Sup Forums), besides rym and Steve Hoffman forums.

Grimes has tons of great songs. To name a few:
REALiTi
Kill V. Maim
Artangels
Nightmusic
Rosa
Weregild
Devon
Be a Body
Symphonia IX (My Wait Is U)
World Princess Part II
Circumambient
Flesh Without Blood
Venus in Fleurs
Sagrad
Vanessa
Crystal Ball
Venus Fly
Angel
My Sister Says the Saddest Things

>I wish Grimes the best, but her output in her career hasn't even approached Bjork levels.
She surpassed all Bjork heights. Bjork is a thing of the past, Grimes is the present and the future. Just like in IT, sometimes a program is superseded by a superior alternative (e.g. Winamp was surpassed by MusicBee). Same thing in music.

>Bjork has constantly pushed boundaries. And keeps pushing them.
Vague words that mean nothing. Did Bjork produce all her music, like Grimes did? No? Sit down.

>She even pissed off China.
Imagine that.

Bubble within a bubble. I imagine a person with a vacant expression trying to sniff their own fart.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Björk

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Awards_and_nominations

No. YOU sit the fuck down.

>LEL falling for the mainstream mem of recognistion by one's peers

>None of the songs I mentioned are even played on the radio

>LELELELE trggored.tif

Continue playing with your own faeces.

Please leave. You're worse than the KPOP posters. At least they leave us alone. No one wants to hear about "artist of the decade" for the 20th time. No one but yourselves wants you here.

>Did Bjork produce all her music, like Grimes did? No? Sit down.

It doesn't matter who produced it if it sucks

>having to list individual songs that are good
>not just listing perfect albums

Even Bjork's objectively worst album Volta is better than any Grimes album - she's just a gross unhygenic feminist who appeals to runty teenage girls and perverted neckboards

>thinking music should be suceeded once a newer immitator comes about
I bet you hate bands like Can, The Beatles and King Crimson since new rock bands just rip them off

>Did Bjork produce all her music like Grimes did?
I'd rather Bjork produce 50% of amazing music alongside Matmos, Arca and The Haxan Cloak than Grimes producing 100% of shit music

You are a miserable human being, I suggest you return to Reddit

True! People have literally blown their brains out listening to Bjork...

i want to fuck mature bork

It sucks to YOU. Why? Pleb reasons.

brutal
let me guess - late 30's male, bit disillusioned with life, not really getting anywhere

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Björk
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Awards_and_nominations
Awards mean shit. They're just part of the music industry that awards their biggest sellers. e.g. Did Adele's bland albums really deserved so many Grammy Awards? See what I mean? They mostly suck.

>LEL falling for the mainstream mem of recognistion by one's peers
>None of the songs I mentioned are even played on the radio
So, you just admitted that Bjork is a corporate artist who got far because of big marketing budgets. To have her huge popularity someone gotta pay the bills. Not counting the fact she needed big budgets to hire entire orchestras to play her music. Meanwhile, Grimes did everything in her art by herself.

Let me guess... late 20's sjw female with some sort of neon hair highlights?

>tfw Vespertine was peak Bjork
>tfw didn't know it back then

not even that user but you're really grasping at straws man - embarassing

don't assume my gender!

Daily reminder that kate bush and björk are the past, Grimes is the present and the future.

I am legit looking forward to both Bjorks' and Grimes' upcoming albums, Bjork said it'll be finished in Autumn so hopefully it should be out this year.

Not all, but on nearly all of her albums she does it all herself and she brings a producer in to add finishing touches, can't post a source atm but there's tons of interviews about this.

Bjork has been on an indie label since 1986, they don't have a big budget. Bjork had to sell some of her outfits recently to get money.

I'm sick of all the Grimes and Bjork comparisons, it's okay to like both you know!

>having to list individual songs that are good
>not just listing perfect albums
Hold on a second: because that other user also posted individual songs that are good: All her albums are masterpieces.

>Even Bjork's objectively worst album Volta is better than any Grimes album - she's just a gross unhygenic feminist who appeals to runty teenage girls and perverted neckboards
What do we have here?

A blatant lie:
>Even Bjork's objectively worst album Volta is better than any Grimes album
and ad hominem attack:
>she's just a gross unhygenic feminist who appeals to runty teenage girls and perverted neckboards
This is all you can do, imbecile? Retarded rants and ad hominem attacks? Fuck off.

>I'd rather Bjork produce 50% of amazing music alongside Matmos, Arca and The Haxan Cloak than Grimes producing 100% of shit music
(You)

>You are a miserable human being, I suggest you return to Reddit
You weren't happy insulting Grimes, now you insult me too, you shitty son of a bitch.

Grimes got money for her recent video from Tidal ffs

Delete this. Those triggered fuckwits will come after you.

And? They were patrons of art. That's a normal thing.

>'d rather Bjork produce 50% of amazing music alongside Matmos, Arca and The Haxan Cloak than Grimes producing 100% of shit music

Matmos did nothing on Vespertine except a bit of percussion when the album was done.

Bjork showed Arca Vulnicura when it was pretty much done too. Arca even said why would he need to do anything with it.

>"YAH-HE-DOODLE-DOO"
>'muh bleeps and bloops (made by males)
>"NO I WROTE THEM ALL, FUCK MEN !!"
>also an ugly hag

Bjork is so fucking shit

Why are some Grimes fans here so insecure?

They're usually the ones to mention Bjork and Kate Bush first.

I'm not even a Grimes hater, Devon and Realiti are some of my favourite songs, it's just weird.

I shouldn't really be bothered because it's usually only about the same dozen or so people but still.

>This thread

>Gri---

In 2030 I wonder if people will be hyped for the new Grimes, wonder if she'll be really popular by then or not.

>I'm sick of all the Grimes and Bjork comparisons, it's okay to like both you know!
It's just a game. Pssst: I like them both.

That depends if Grimes will keep making great music at least for another decade from now on. And if she will get to the same popularity as Bjork.

Bjork and Kate Bush both released some underwhelming albums in their career, besides their good albums. Grimes has the chance to be the one who breaks the spell and releases only masterpieces.

I wonder if she'll keep the hair dye companies in business like bjorky does.

52... she turns 52 this year. Holy fuck, retire.

hope it'll come out before chrismas

Bjork should be releasing another album soon. Vulnicura was pretty good so why do you want her to retire unless you want her to stop outpacing Grimes even in her old-ish age?

>you want her to stop outpacing Grimes even in her old-ish age?
Bjork is not outpacing Grimes. Grimes is the leader and the influencer now. Bjork is way past her prime. Maybe she's preparing for retirement.

I didn't mean to say that Grimes's music sucked, I just meant that this was a shit argument. I'm sure plenty of trash artists produced their own music - that doesn't say anything about its actual quality

Side note, can you Grimes fans stop invading every single "greatest female musicians" thread?
Do you seriously believe her quirky dance-pop is comparable to the work of Joni Mitchell, Björk, Kate Bush, Meredith Monk, Jarboe, Joan Baez, PJ Harvey, Nina Simone, Diamanda Galás, Aretha Franklin, Patti Smith, Nico, Joanna Newsom, Emmylou Harris, etc?
REALLY?

Also pls kill this thread now

No, most of them had their time and were smart enough to know when to quit.

Then there was bjork...

bork

>retorts half my argument with just (you)
*scratches neckbeard* heh tough luck kiddo you just played yourself *unsheathes katana*

too bad her music is shit

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXtPy1tPr5Q

Grimes is not even half as cool as Bjork

>smart enough to know when to quit
For Grimes that would have been a couple years ago. Alas, here we are.

this is kind of sad desu

How is doing a DJ set for RuPaul with your boyfriend who happens to be the owner of Tri Angle Records sad, exactly?

OP here... this even made me feel bad for her. Fuck that's embarrassing.

JUST.

Bjork said she'll never retire. Vulnicura was one of her best albums. Imagine if Bowie retired when he was 50, all those great albums never made.

You're talking like Grimes has never done a DJ set before. Also this

>Do you seriously believe her quirky dance-pop is comparable to the work of Joni Mitchell, Björk, Kate Bush, Meredith Monk, Jarboe, Joan Baez, PJ Harvey, Nina Simone, Diamanda Galás, Aretha Franklin, Patti Smith, Nico, Joanna Newsom, Emmylou Harris, etc?
>REALLY?
Absolutely. Without a shadow of doubt. She's much better than all of those artists you mentioned, IMO.

BTW, why are you such an elitist and piss on dance-pop? Her main genre is not even dance-pop, but synthpop / dreampop. Does this song sound like dance-pop to you youtube.com/watch?v=RvXkx3IcOi4 ? Just because she used synths (btw, Bjork and Kate Bush used synths too) it doesn't mean her music is shallow, ffs!

You seem unable to go past your prejudices and assume that synth music = fucking dance-pop. Guess what? Behing those synths, there is incredible production and songwriting. Those things are no worse than other artists playing classic instruments. Her songs transcend the production. Check this almost acoustic Oblivion cover: youtube.com/watch?v=0SuYh9d_uBs

You mentioned Joanna Newsom. Do you have any idea what she thinks about Grimes?
>I loved the latest Bjork album, I'm excited about the idea of Grimes. I haven't wrapped my head around the record. I find her so compelling and so unlike anybody else and so incredibly talented, skilled, and fun. I love her. I met her in LA a few months ago, she told me something along the lines of, "I grew up listening to your music". I will say, it made me feel really old for about five minutes, then it made me feel really happy. I was like well, I guess I'm old now, but that's okay because this awesome and amazing young musician likes my music and said that it was special to her when she was younger, so that's great.
i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature

Let that sinks in. If Joanna is not elitist about Grimes' genre, you could be the same.

Björk is the soundtrack of my life.

>I didn't mean to say that Grimes's music sucked, I just meant that this was a shit argument. I'm sure plenty of trash artists produced their own music - that doesn't say anything about its actual quality
>i didn't mean that
>i implied that

>actual quality
Actual quality is subjective. Stop the presses.

Damn, you must be old too.

Well Pink Floyd is maybe the right soundtrack because Bôrk is too selfish and egoeccentric, so it's most likely about her relationships and problems, etc.

I came across Pink Floyd because I was always told what to do by the band. Doing what you're told, getting lonely, getting old, can you hear me?

Good stuff.