Who here is religious and who is not? What is your reasoning for this? Also should church and state be separated

Who here is religious and who is not? What is your reasoning for this? Also should church and state be separated

Agnosticism is the only logical path, all others are an appeal to ignorance and/or wishful thinking.

Polish visiting germanistan
Yes i believe but i dont fully Support the church so i reformed.
Yes behave or burn like the degenerate you are.

>Muh evolution
>Somehow religious people can't belive in it

When will fedorafags end this?

Also I am Orthodox.

Christian, nearly 4,000 prophecies fulfilled, archaeology, Christian and even non-Christian sources show me the Bible is unchanged (a part from slight wording through translation), I also value Christianity as its Westerna and has proper Sup Forums tier values and I suggest you look up Pascal's Wager, also side note; Darwin wasn't an atheist.

>the Bible is unchanged

top fucking kek

I guess but everyone feels like you're sitting on the fence which is pretty frowned upon at least here in the united states.

My GF's dad is a pastor and we use to bullshit about this a lot. He kind of just doesn't acknowledge it because he's not sure how it fits in. My uncle literally seeks fights with me over this shit and I'm the most passive atheist in the fucking world. He claims the earth is only 6,000 years old.

And the only other "religious" people I know barely practice and don't really have any grounding on fucking anything.

From my experience, it seems a lot of Christians have a hard time believing in it.

Your memes have no power here BRbro

>He kind of just doesn't acknowledge it because he's not sure how it fits in
That's because he's a proteshit.

Catholics accept evolution because they're not retarded.

i fucking hate agnostics. you're not fucking smart for not having an opinion

>thinking (a)gnosticism and (a)theism aren't orthogonal Concordia concepts

Creationists, particularly in America reject evolution. Some politicians in Deep South have even managed to force schools to also teach Intelligent Design.

But the two aren't equal in scientific measures. Evolution is by far more proven.

> should church and state be separated
Yes. So first you should stop funding science.

catholics also think that those jesus-crackers turn into actual meat in your tummy.

Protestants, especially American denominations are fucking retarded. Like not pants on head but diapers on head retarded.

The church has no business talking science and evolution doesn't really dismiss anything.

Also can you please for the love of god take back your Pentacostals and Baptists.

Catholicism is pagan heresy.

I'm not religious, because there's literally zero evidence for any of them.

no shit. that's why it's called faith

As long as science is cult, any church or other cult has business talking it.

>Protestants, especially American denominations are fucking retarded.

No, evangelicals are retarded. Sure, they are protestants but most churches in the US (Methodist, Episcopal and more) adhere to beliefs unsimilar to what evangelics believe.

Evolution is the only one with any evidence behind it at all.

ID is just creationism in a cheap tuxedo

And you think the most important decisions you will ever make should be based on faith?
Would you base any other major decisions in life on that which you have no reason to believe in?

Non religious. Man must strive to find his own path, morals and principles, not be shackled by the law of gods

Church and state should be separate

go read some aquinas if you actually give a fuck

Yeah, ID and creationism are the exact same thing. ID just tries to use pseudoscience to explain it.

>directly contradicts old testament
>christfags can believe it
man religion is degenerate

I have, and that's not an argument BTW senpai

you're here to argue, not learn, which is why I'm not bothering

if i could i would for you buddy. I think the whole pentacostal thing from what I'm reading describes actually both my uncle and my gf's dad. Especially with the tongues shit.

I think that's what drove me away from religion, shit was scary as fuck.

I personally don't think there's a higher power ruling things, let alone create the world etc.

but I refuse to allign myself to any organized -ism

Yes, exactly. So to hold the position that "well they should be taught equally" must be rebuffed.

Like I said, they aren't equal by scientific measures.

I can't believe some states haven't realized this. Why is the US, an industrial democracy, being so backwards. I mean, c'mon, it's the currect anno.

What do you think you can teach me?

Prophecies fulfilled by Christ but come on it is no where near 4000

>nearly 4,000 prophecies fulfilled
Kek, name a single one.

And no astrology-tier shit. I want specifics.

> old testament
Reverse-engineered by jews. Most of the books are explicitly declared obsolete by Jesus.

> still blame christians
> still no blaming jews in the slightest
> even tho jews have their own educational system with schools and univercities implemented with their own curriculum; where they basically teach children the old testament as it is
> and then suddenly jews are the heads of science
> - nothing to see here, you racis!

Isiaiah 53

I don't understand why Islam is not banned yet.

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (8:67) - "It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war until he had made a great slaughter in the land..."

>5 pillars
There are no "5 pillars" in the quran.

Moi.
Christian.
Reason, God is real , Christianity works, so far I have got everything it promised. As for the pension scheme, as I have never been let down by God, I fully accept its true.
Church, state makes no difference, God's in charge of me at least.

>Thinks that Christians believe in Leviticus
You are an idiot.

>Humans are the superior beings and solely responsible for solving the world's problems
From a real atheist, the whole point is that there are no superior beings, humans are just one among a bunch of other species that came out of evolution.

Are we reading the same passage?
Where is the prophecy here?

Maybe you should find out

If this was 100 years ago, I would probably be Lutheran. Be it isn't, and much like Santa Claus, I can't believe. It's just not possible. It hurts to even try.

No, really.
Can you give me a specific line or something? Because I'm not seeing it.

>he was pierced for our transgressions

Seriously? That's the best you can do?

Here's a few problems with your "prophecy"
>You need to verify the time in which it was written
>You need to verify that the prophesied event actually took place
>Your prophecy is about as vague as a horoscope

Try again buddy.
Do you have any verifiable, specific prophesies? Or is "This supposedly older story in the Bible kind of vaguely says the same thing as a newer, similarly unverified story in the same book" the best you can do?

>a story in the Bible proves the Bible
>what is recursive

>There was a prophecy in the bible and it was clearly fulfilled... IN THE BIBLE YOU GUYS

Amazing

This.

I used to go to church on holidays as a kid and I'm baptized + confirmed as a Lutheran, but I just don't have any faith. I wish I did. The religious people I know all seem so happy.

>believing the bible is one big book not a collection of ancient writings

>the bible is one book

>Atheism a religion
>American education

>Sacred garments
>Not calling it magic underwear
This chart has Mormon bias.

Nice straw man, faggot. Bible literally means collection of writings. You want to try an actual argument this time?

Why are Christian hating cucks such lightweights?

drunk people are happy, high people are happy. We should not live our lives being drunk and high all the time.

When you are sober truth hurts. Most importantly the fact That your time is limited and there is no afterlife. In a way its a bitter pill but we should remember that This is our only shot and we should act accordingly to live our lives to the fullest (I mean ofc with anime and video games)

See

>Believing its word for the age and chronology of itself
>Still literally can't do any better than a mention of the word "pierced"

Have you ever heard of the term "confirmation bias"?

I want you to provide a prophecy which fulfills at the very least the following criteria:
>A specific account of future events
>Those future events being verifiable as having happened

Provide a single verifiable prophecy and I'll hand my life over to Jesus right here and now.

my goddess is Eris/morrighan/freyja.

Church and state should stay seperate, yeah. It's better for all of us.

Agnosticism is the religion of the weak. You don't even have the strength of character to make a choice. Apatheism is the one true way.

The point was that whoever was writing the later passages was of course going to 'confirm' what was prophecized before.

Notice how there's not one external mention of a man being raised from the dead and performing miracles?

You would think that would be worth noting.

No.

Almost all religions are predicated on the existence of some kind of god or deity, there has never been any evidence provided that such a claim of existence is true.

But what of atheistic religions? For example, Theravada Buddhism, which rejects the notions of dieties yet believes in supernatural forces, such as the Dharma.

>drunk people are happy, high people are happy. We should not live our lives being drunk and high all the time.
Sure, but living according to Christian ideals is a lot more rewarding for society as a whole than such behavior.

>Most importantly the fact That your time is limited and there is no afterlife. In a way its a bitter pill but we should remember that This is our only shot and we should act accordingly to live our lives to the fullest (I mean ofc with anime and video games)
This argument never really got to me. If we accept that there is no greater meaning, then "living life to the fullest" is reduced to a pointless pursuit of simple pleasures. You might as well just kill yourself. Why bother?

Do atheists really believe that evolution disproves the existence of a deity? That's cute

This.
Spirit Scientist reporting in.

Except the idea at the time was that the messiah would be a great warrior who would free the Jews of Roman occupation. Many rabbis believe that Isaiah 53 is not talking about the messiah but of the nation of Isreal but that's a whOle different topic of debate.

So to say that the story of Jesus was written to fulfill specific prophecies that we can only get a full understanding of after the events unfolded is obviously incorrect

Nice straw man.

Atheist. Not sure if there's a god, but I don't believe in one.

There isn't any conclusive evidence confirming the existence of a god. Anything that requires faith is basically worthless in terms of veracity. I'm not going to waste my entire life feeling bad for something that isn't real.

>Checks flag.
Not today island felon, not today.

The few atheistic religions tend to also believe in something supernatural and there's no more evidence for those supernatural claims than there is deities.

I try to be rational in my world view and my beliefs and that means reserving belief for things which we have decent amounts of evidence for.

I value the truth more than a value the supposed benefits from these systems such as community cohesion/stability, etc.

Even if you try though, is it not painful and tiring? You feel like you're lying to yourself and trying to believe what is not there.

That was basically how I felt until I was about 14. Nobody was ever able to answer any questions I had and always handed me bullshit non arguments, or arguments for the general existence of a creator, which doesn't prove Christianity to be true. I just got completely sick of it. Though I definitely prefer Christianity to the scourge of Islam, desu

I am an atheist.
I really don't mind if others believe in god and despise all those internet-atheist-warriors. All the atheist youtubes seem angry and bitter if you ask me.
I don't believe, because I really never believed. It never occured to me. My family is religious, but I never was. I never prayed. When I am having a hard time I never once thought about god helping me or effecting my life.
Sometimes I wish I believed in god, I know it sounds strange.
I will however christian my children. It is part of my tradition.

All religions will eventually die. The only timeless school of thought is atheism because it transcends culture and language.

It's the only "belief" that can appear naturally anywhere in the world. Religion is nonsense for children and manbabies.

If I was going to pick a religion I'd probably go with Sikhism desu, those guys are bros.
That or Norse.

Theism and Atheism are blue pilled.

Deism is the ultimate redpill

Deists
>There is a god, but god has no impact on our lives
Atheists
>There isn't a god, and god has no impact on our lives

Wow, so different

Evidence for Deism?

That entire passage is a prophecy of the life of Jesus christ. Not only that the several chapters before it prophecy his mission and how the Jews would react to him.

Jesus himself prophesied the destruction of the temple. This is verifiable.

Christian (Catholic). Church and State are always separated, and opposing each other secretly, trying to gain more power.

Church itself is a whole private force layer which is acting independently from governments.

Okay.
Now prove that:
>a. Jesus existed
>b. That prophecy was written beforehand
>c. The prophecy is specific enough to only reasonably refer to that situation

If you can even manage point (a) then I'll be impressed.

Please don't classify Atheism as a religion. That makes no sense

Deism and atheism are timeless concepts that will always exist throughout humanity. They are both stronger than any religion can ever be because they can never die.

People can believe in Jesus or Allah of Muhammad but they are timed beliefs that will eventually expire, as every single religion before them has.

This is why religion is moronic. Atheist and deists I can respect, but I just cannot respect the framework of organised religion. It's just pathetically irrational and clearly there to literally Jew your money and take political control of you.

A. Can you prove that he didn't
B. Daniel 9:24
C.
>The meaning of prophecies has to fit your english understanding of a translated Hebrew text.

Fuck off

>Can you prove that he didn't
That's a retarded non-argument and you know it.
You can't claim something was prophesied and then not be able to justify that it even happened.

>Daniel 9:24
What the hell are you even on about lel

I know a lot of rational and sane religious people, but you're way too deep.

I'm not

I have experienced enough religion and just don't feel like I should participate anymore

Yes, because you don't want a bunch of religions and denominations fighting each other.

I was just giving him shit for implying that deism was a redpill, when both atheism and deism offer the same level of comfort

I agree though, I'm sure when Islam is the dominant religion of the West they will use the same bandwagon arguments that Christians use today

(OP)
I think there are more than 1.2 billion atheists, and the number will grow with time until all religions die and get lost in time. This is the ultimate goal for human beings, start believing in what you see and what can be proved (science), and let faith die, as it´s just a kind of brainwashing that´s been going on for thousand of years, and its only purpose is to control people's minds (and therefore it´s easier to control every aspect of life).
I respect religious people (spain is quite full of them inquisitors..) but I really pity you guys, a you are not fully living your life, but waiting for an afterlife that will never come.
PROGRESS WILL COME AFTER ELIMINATING ALL FAITH IN THE WORLD.
Let the roasting begin.

>muh progress
reddit pls go

>tfw orthodox christian

>From my experience, it seems a lot of Christians have a hard time believing in it.

American Christians are much more likely to take the bible literally.

The official stance of the catholic church is that evolution was a process guided by God.
Any contradictions with the book of genesis are handwaved by saying that the book of genesis is metaphorical.

You can look into archeological evidence for his existence but all it does is sidetrack. Another example of the prophecy of the destruction of the temple would be dueteronomy 28:49-52

Atheist believe the universe self-created itself. There was no mind or intelligence behind it.
Deism believe a "God" designed the universe, set the laws and rules we know so that life and evolution could exist and occur. This "God" didn't necessary intended to create humans. This "God" likely doesn't know or even care about humans. This "God" may or may not exist today.

No real evidence, but then again, there is no solid evidence for the existence of a God or no God. The idea stems from the the believe that the universe and life is just far to complicated for it have come into existence by accident (this is what Atheist believe). They don't believe the universe self-created itself, but rather a "God" or some unknown force designed everything: gravity, elements, physics etc... so that life could exist and evolve. The universe does in fact have an intellectual design and creator. However, this God/creator may not have intended for humans to evolve, it likely does not have a human form, even care or know that humans exist. This creator just set the foundations. (Religious people believe a God is involved in their life).

>a lot of protestanshits have a hard time believing it
Fixes it for you

nice argument ahmed, now back to the goat fucking.
btw, enjoy the whiteness while it lasts.

Right, but it's logical consequence is the same. Atheism and deism both mean that there isn't a magic sky daddy and life doesn't hold any intrinsic meaning.

Why can't you provide a specific prophecy?
Why do they all have to be so incredibly vague that they could refer to any one of a huge number of different incidents?

Could it possibly be that they aren't actually prophecies?

>Hurr they said there would be some kind of war some day
>There have been wars since then
>Therefore a sky wizard made the universe

Do you believe in horoscopes, user?
After all, they almost always come true.
I mean sure, they're so vague that any horoscope applies to anybody, but that's besides the point, right?

If the multiverse theory is true it solves this whole "everything is perfectly aligned so that humans may exist" conundrum.

For every universe that can support life you also have several other universes that could never support anything we have.

Every possibility is taken care of, so no matter how small the chance is that we have evolved to be exist it can be fulfilled given an infinite amount of tries.

To be fair, equally violent and horrifying verses can be find in the Bible. You can't ban a religion just 'cuz.
Except we are superior beings, just not special like religion teaches.

And evolution also implies we are much more similar to animals than we like to think. I mean, we descended from them.
THIS. Once when I was 14 and started to read and learn about theism and religion, I pondered on this subject while I was laying on the sofa.

I looked out the window and stared at the sky. And I thought to myself, "I simply cannot believe in God."
They're very interesting. if I had to choose a religion I'd probably pick Buddhism.