Why is it that something so safe, derivative and cheap-looking is so high on user-voted film charts this year?

Why is it that something so safe, derivative and cheap-looking is so high on user-voted film charts this year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ACL8nKOUoxk&list=WL&index=125
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>t buttblasted wb fan

It doesnt make you think.
It doesnt engage your mind or make you ask questions.
Youre not expected to feel anything or form an opinion about the movie.

You go to watch the colorful cgi floating heads fight with the other colorful cgi heroes and hope they say something funny.

After 2+ hours you leave feeling pretty satisfied, talking to a friend about which quip was funniest or which character was animated the best during their fight scenes.

When the posters come down and the "#1 movie in america" trailers stop running, the movie becomes nothing but a vague memory and you're left remembering lines or scenes that are actually from the other similarly made MCU flicks.

This is why people love the MCU and Disney. They arent required to think or process whats happening on screen. Everyone they know will be discussing it so it helps them feel like part of the crowd, and they dont have to wlthink hard to talk about it. A simple "i liked it" is already pretty advanced criticism for an MCU fan. Why mess that up with metaphors and symbolism and all that nonsense.

Because the directors went to films

DamageControl is out in full force today

By no means. BvS was only a little better than this trash, and Suicide Squad was about on the same level.

Capeshit is such a dead meme.

>BvS
>better
Totes not a DC pleb

>BvS was only a little better than this trash
So yes, you are. Just get the fuck over it already and stop shitting up this board.

>Capeshit is such a dead meme.
Yet here you are applying the paddles. Fuck off.

You just described the most popular action movies of the year for the past 20 years.

Because you're a virgin neckbead nolife that should committed suicide immediately?

>people still argue for months which side was right
>on the other hand no one argue whether batman or superman was right

It does make you think.

Its one of the few films I've seen that presents opposing arguments fairly.

Even supposedly "deeper" art films pretty much push the director's POV down your throat via manichean portrayal.

No I like it a lot

Also, it has a depth of characterization way beyond most Hollywood blockbusters.

Steve, Tony, Bucky, T'challa, Wanda, etc are all shown as fallible human beings who struggle with difficult problems.

I feel like the marketing painted a picture of a different kind of film that focused on a difference of ideologies, instead it turned in to a series of excuses for boring set ups to set pieces that were tangibly tied together.

I did not enjoy it.

i refused to see quipshit

It panders to the lowest common denominator which MEANS????

It was a great movie.

lmao

Riiight, even if that was true they struggle with the same problems in every movie, and they learn the same lessons like friendship etc., in every movie.

>still didn't watch it

Blu ray rip never

youtube.com/watch?v=ACL8nKOUoxk&list=WL&index=125

>what is personal growth

It's not like Marvel came up with the concept.

>What is personal growth

That would be true if they didn't constantly backtrack and cover the same ground again and again and again.

Just because you can't follow a simple extended character arc doesn't mean they're retreading ground

>movie isnt complete dogshit like every DC movie
>th-they're just "safe"... thats a bad thing now

Tony Stark starts out anti-government oversight, fights tooth and nail to hold onto his tech, uses his own tech to birth an A.I. to provide the same level of oversight he once rejected. Said A,I. goes rogue and nearly destroys mankind in the process. Tony alone is responsible for this(with a nod in Banner's direction), so Tony is suddenly all gung ho for that same oversight and accountability, fights tooth and nail to convince everyone to comply. Roughly half of them say, "nope," so he brings them in and has them incarcerated(without any sort of visible due process, mind you), he then goes rogue himself when it suits his needs(this, I can buy, because Tony's always been a bit of a hypocrite), nearly kills Cap and Bucky, then willfully turns a blind eye toward Cap busting them back out and concludes with him once again giving recognized authority the finger.

So it's back to square one, is it?

How Is having a mom with the same name deep?

basically this
Civil War is actually good movie with adequate characterisation of protagonists, nice pacing and competent villain

Tony Stark isn't american politician, who can't change his mind about politics for all his life
life is not black and white so he changes his points of view depending on various impulses. And this is fine because he is Tony Stark who first acts then thinks. On the contrary, Steve Rogers is basically the same (morally) in all his movies.
But DCucks will tell you that Stark should change his mind not because his robot nearly killed the planet but because Warmachine has the same name as Bucky.

100 times this
i still can't fucking believe it

Reminder that Marvel flicks will never feel like real cinema

nah
I like most of marvel's flicks...but Civil War was really awful

Bucky and Tony's mother had the same name?? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN!??!?!?!?!

fucking piece of shit movie.
>capt. america knew Bucky killed tony's mom
>it never came up in the movie

bravo Russo

> Martha

We best friends now

because most of their fans do not read comics nor know about film contracts. Therefore the plot twist are original to them. If I never knew Infinity War was coming nor what occurs then civil war airport battle would have weight.

It was competent
Also thisLook at all the garbage movies they have put out for the past year at this point anything competent that is fun and light will succeed
But movie studios have lost competency

it was fun. it's a shame there were no stakes. having a major death or deaths would have been great. it felt like fiege got involved and told Russos to not kill anyone..

even though Infinity War includes a fucking "Time" Gem, atleast in the comics where they could easily make a triumphant return and ressurected those who died.

Youre wrong though. A viewer will always feel inclined to agree or disagree to some degree with different povs presented in any form of media. When said media challenges the viewer, things might get ugly as the viewer has to actually think for himself and make up his fucking mind. You are challenged by a different pov and you might feel uncomfortable having to assert yourself in your own views. Youre wrong. The whole point is to present a different pov, the world isnt fair, the world isnt objective. People are subjective, views are subjective. Everything is subjective. Trying to make things fair and objective is lazy and weak. Feel free to disagree though. Or call me a faggot. I dont give a shit either way, nobody on Sup Forums can affect my views on anything and I honestly dont know why i bother typing this out. Fuck you.

Take away the obvious topical BLM crap and you have yourself a been there-done that movie plot with so many coincidences and contriving moments (a video camera captured Tony's parents' death perfectly? Fuck off with that shit) that it would've made at least 20% on RT, but it's Marvel and BLM so it earns an automatic 90%! Bravo Marvel!

Bravo!
r
a
v
o
!