youtube.com/watch?v=xXcs_hgIHH8&t=261s
youtube.com/watch?v=m2FIIkZnAtE
youtube.com/watch?v=Pt06FuGb0Z8
youtube.com/watch?v=IwwUKajW8kA
youtube.com/watch?v=rIsAazPVnFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nURHgx48AzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=D5KlwGB9A5I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hate NiN, him, industrial, and the whole tough guy schtick associated with him and the genre

Objectively wrong.

>TR
>tough guy

hahaha no

Nine Inch Nails are musically/creatively on par with Korn and Slipknot and Trent Reznor is an insufferable, self-involved cretin. He's to pop-industrial what Eddie Vedder is to grunge.

Nu-male detected. :)

Actually, I'm being unfair towards Korn.
For better or worse, they pioneered and they own their own sound and their own aesthetic. Reznor just watered down genuinely innovative underground music until he ended up with a result that he and his label could get into regular MTV rotation.
Comparing Reznor to his equally derivative and braindead protege Marilyn Manson would have been a lot more accurate. Birds of a feather and all that shit.

>Nine Inch Nails
>not nu-male

NIN fans got shoved into lockers by jocks in pantera t-shirts when i was in HS, dude

>jocks
>in pantera t-shirts

>tough guy
If it makes you feel any better most of my mates and I would routinely take the piss out of the industrial gimps.

None of them are tough.

They're edgelords who think they're deep because they papercut their weiners at home. Most have to ask for permission from their hambeast internet girlfriends before they can take a shit, much less actually respond in kind.

Now, that aside, the Chicago/Wax Trax scene from the 90s did produce some great acts.

Pantera was total jock rock in my high school, too.

>jocks
>in pantera t-shirts

>NIN fans got shoved
NIN fans were all girls, always, without exception. Dudes didn't listen to NIN, chicks did.

The more Sup Forums makes these threads, the more they show that they didn't grow up in the 90s-2000s.

Jocks back then listened to pantera and slayer instead of meme rap like today

>Jocks back then listened to pantera and slayer
Can confirm, though there were some wigger jocks.

Jocks liked a lot of jock metal, but stoners liked jock metal too, and some of the more retarded mallgoths.

pantera was one of the very few meeting points between the jocks and the outcasts(albeit the less faggy, less goth outcasts) in my HS
owning pantera(bootleg T-shirt with the great southern trendkill front cover, objectively the best pantera album) and danzig T-shirts and always having a buzzcut pretty much saved my life in HS

>Dudes didn't listen to NIN, chicks did.

my sister fucking hated NIN and marilyn manson since she was an OG anglophile goth into cocteau twins and killing joke and shit like that, and after the rise of mallgoth shit like NIN and manson happened her personal "aesthetic" was no longer obscure and exotic

>mallgoth

yeah, how about you go fuck yourself

>my sister fucking hated NIN and marilyn manson since she was an OG anglophile goth into cocteau twins and killing joke and shit like that, and after the rise of mallgoth shit like NIN and manson happened her personal "aesthetic" was no longer obscure and exotic

Your sister is fucking rare. Growing up I listened to The Cure, and really hated the mallgoth shit, especially Manson, but it was all girls into MM and NIN. You didn't find any of them into Christian Death or the other OG goth/deathrock stuff or actual industrial music.

Rec me real industrial.

she was big into local college radio and local college radio was big into 4AD, john peel and UK/european alternative music in general
i think i heard public image limited and godflesh before i ever heard the sex pistols and black sabbath thanks to that, though obviously i had no understanding or appreciation whatsoever of that music at the time

Granted at 16 I was big into The Cure and TG and Boyd Rice and Swans and lots of artsier goth stuff, and was thirsting for goth chicks but they were usually into the mall stuff like NIN. I think my first actual girlfriend was the only one who got me into a lot of music like that, since while she liked NIN, her mom was goth and she had grown up listening to The Cure, and just lots of music from that whole scene. I was more into experimental/industrial and noise and so there was a lot of stuff that we listened to together.

I don't think I ever dressed goth in high school, and I wasn't really part of that clique, and many of the reasons for that was something that was explained by Chris Ott, that I felt that a lot of it was effeminate and based on that sort of commercialized, pre-packaged aesthetic that they tried to sell teenagers.

It's no wonder that you had lots of these dumb jock types picking on guys dressing like fags with eyeliner and black nail polish and dumb jewelry. It was a scene for chicks then.

> industrial
> tough guy

> Tront
> industrial
You're not familiar with the genre at all are you?

Let it go.

>I don't think I ever dressed goth in high school, and I wasn't really part of that clique, and many of the reasons for that was something that was explained by Chris Ott, that I felt that a lot of it was effeminate and based on that sort of commercialized, pre-packaged aesthetic that they tried to sell teenagers.

yeah the rise of that sort of white-trash MTV goth thing that was what eventually turned her off of the whole visual aesthetic/identity of the culture, even if she remained big on the music.

kinda reminds me of what one of the guys from wolf eyes said in an interview i read with them a while back, about how back in the 80s/early 90s if you saw someone with a misfits patch or shirt you pretty much knew you could walk up and talk to them and they'd be cool, but nowadays if you see someone with a misfits patch or shirt you pretty much know they're assholes

the mall ruins everything it touches

wew

Trent never had a tough guy schtick more of a "I am a fucked up guy in the head, who is really fragile and I may an hero soon at any minute now" schtick, which is much more appealling to me personally.

>nu-males are now all suddenly nin fans because of twin peaks despite shitting on him for years for being "cringeworthy" because he doesn't coat his music in a thin layer of irony

I don't like him as a person. He comes off like a preachy, self-absorbed stick in the mud who uses his family as a token of maturity.

Yes, precisely, which why I didn't really start dressing in black clothes and stuff until that whole ridiculous scene died.

What's funny is that back then I was this guy, sort of typical, all-American, Aryan blond WASP type, dressing in generic clothes and essentially being lightly teased by goth chicks with their daddy issues. I didn't mind, but damn, they didn't know.

I think with the way I actually dress it's more taking cues from Gira, Nick Cave and Ian Curtis. You don't have have to dress like a fop to be goth, it doesn't work that way for men.

This is the truth, anybody who dislikes Roy is an asshole

>I think with the way I actually dress it's more taking cues from Gira, Nick Cave and Ian Curtis. You don't have have to dress like a fop to be goth, it doesn't work that way for men.

that sort of muted and relatively conservative but still distinctive and downbeat look that bands like joy division and the birthday party and the fall had going on is probably always gonna be my favorite look in all of rock music

>people unironically don't want a NIN gf

Sad!

>look how special and romantic I am, speaking exclusively in NIN lyrics, yay me

has she got anything else to show?
no, no, no, I didn't think so

>popcorn bucket full of coke

good times

>that sort of muted and relatively conservative but still distinctive and downbeat look that bands like joy division and the birthday party and the fall had going on is probably always gonna be my favorite look in all of rock music

Yeah, it's mine too. It's conservative and masculine, and looks good. I've always admired for their courage men that did dress somewhat effeminate like Prince and Adam Ant, but it's never been for me. I like dressing like a man, it is really that simple. The flamboyant look is not something I am fond of. I'll stick with my black wool long sleeved shirts and T shirts.

Well she does get inside and makes you better anything you tried. I think it's in her kiss, or something.

boards of canada

can this be a thread where we post rare photos of t.rezzy?

>the whole tough guy schtick associated with him and the genre
you fucking retard

the schtick associated with industrial is being 60 lbs underweight, suicidal, strung out on heroin and kinda faggy, which is why trent being ripped now is funny to people. but good job exposing that you're underage and clueless

nah I want douglas to ravage my boipussy industrial style

You just can't.

>Nothing can stop me now. Except the fucking TSA.

After getting sober Trent sent his Grandpa on world adventures as repaying for raising him. Get him out of Mercer.

He died a few months prior to hesitation Marks. His mother died a few months before her father.

youtube.com/watch?v=xXcs_hgIHH8&t=261s

youtube.com/watch?v=m2FIIkZnAtE

youtube.com/watch?v=Pt06FuGb0Z8

youtube.com/watch?v=IwwUKajW8kA

Objectively true

the best

>I hate NiN, him, industrial

NIN is only industrial influenced, actual industrial fans don't like to associate the genre with NIN or Trent.

>whole tough guy schtick associated with him

Trent never had a tough guy gimmick, ever.
Trent presented himself as edgy and nihilistic when he was younger, but it was a made up character that he presented to the audience that, at the time, wanted that, he used to hang out with Manson and so on.

Trent, even at the start of his career, dropped MANY HINTS towards him being actually a very sensitive and vulnerable person that was going trough some serious shit, and that his facade of being a confident superstar was just that, a facade.

In his later years he has pretty much dropped the mask completely and now he not only exposes himself as anything but tough, but lays his feelings bare in basically every single new song he makes.
His buff, muscular new appareance doesn't have intimidation as it's purpose, he has simple started pumping iron in order to get away from his life long drug addiction.

Wanker. As in, his music was pure wankery.

Never heard anyone hate him for anything other than being gay, and I barely even see that

For the most part, yeah. I can't forgive Got My Mind Set on You though, that song is terrible.

>tfw NIN girlfriend

after all i've undergone, i will keep on

Very wrong, boy-o

Is it even possible to hate Jon Anderson?

For the shit he recorded with Vangelis? Absolutely.

So edgy

you read the picture right? he answers a question asked and speaks about how he loves his grandparents.

that's why I posted it with an ironic post.

What a meanie bo beanie

poor chris

tfw Reznor is late to go on stage

how could you hate this smug little face

>shitty edgy lyrics
>whiny voice to match his whiny wrist cutting lyrics
>most annoying fans in the world (see: this thread)
>fans call him "Trent" rather than by his surname or full name.

Having said that, some of his stuff is interesting and good.

>fans call him "Trent" rather than by his surname or full name
Why does that trigger you?

Do you call Bjork, Bjork Björk Guðmundsdóttir?

Trying to act all friendly and matey with him. It's embarrassing. Call him 'Reznor'. In Beatles discussions, you hear "McCartney and Lennon" rather than everyone calling them "Paul and John". Reznor is the only artist I've seen that is above that and it's entirely due to the faggot NIN fans.

that's a silly bait example and you know it

you are retarded

You sound angry that Reznor doesn't even know your name, let alone care about you.

this is just fucking incorrect, nearly everyone calls them john and paul

No they don't.

Ringo is the only Beatle who gets called by his first name more than his last and that's because it's distinct, unlike "Trent" and "Paul" and "John".

>tfw the only girl I ever loved was a nin gf

feels bad, man

autism

Alright, He's a tremendous faggot and he's going to hell where he belongs for being a perfidious albion first, a sodomizing faggot second and terrible composer third.

I'm going to tweet him asking if fans calling him Trent is okay.

It has nothing to do with it being "okay". It's just embarrassing.

I fucking HATE nine inch nails. they are the only Sup Forums-core group that I don't like at least a little bit. And trent renser seems like an insufferable prick.

>Sup Forumscore
the only thing Sup Forums likes of NIN is the fragile, PHM or TDS, rarely all and nothing beyond

Trent is arguably the nicest guy out of the other artists whom are mu-core though. Especially current Trent is not a prick at all. He seems like a cool dude to hang out with and play some Quake 1.

Trent... has had a hard life.

>will not play The becoming, will not play the becoming, will not play the becoming...

Trent is the polar opposite of an insufferable prick.

youtube.com/watch?v=rIsAazPVnFQ

youtube.com/watch?v=nURHgx48AzQ

The Birthday Party's (and by extension The Bad Seeds) have such a great aesthetic to them.

Probably Prince 2bh, I've never met anyone who disliked him.

Slipknots first album was pretty good desu, real anger and teen angst

>NIN on par with Korn musically
What. Trent Reznor's a great songwriter and producer.
youtube.com/watch?v=D5KlwGB9A5I

Elliott Smith

toppest