Overrated games

Overrated games

Agreed x100

/thread

Overwatch is as good as people say it is.

Really fun unless you play 30 games a day

Nigger how the fuck is this overrated? You want overrated, go see post-Skyrim games. Any games that you can get lost into are always good, you can never mimic the same escapism other than watching a very good film, which are rare today.

H1Z1: KotK

The problem with Skyrim is that all though it is so immersive, it's also very flawed. The story, combat and even graphics are meh, but the world is just so amazing. It's such a contradictory game.

>low quality b8

That league of logends game is canker

It might be a large pool but it's shallow as fuck. Only good quests was Dark Brotherhood and the Thief's Guild.

nah overwatch is exactly what the tf2 genre style of objective based first person shooters needed

it really is a solid game, blizzard knows how to fuck pussy

left for dead is worse than killing floor in every way though

Kys

About to start this in a little bit, actually. Looking forward to it, but don't really have HIGH expectations. Gameplay looked cool, so I got curious, and splurged on a WiiU.

Pretty sure its not being over rated when everyone thinks its bad

Can we take a moment to remember these little niggers?

Man the combat was way better than oblivion tbh

I dont know, i kinda love overwatch, i can play it for half an hour or 5 hours. I really enjoy it.

Stop trolling.

Fucking this

No

Grand Theft Auto 5 online
Story mode was alright but online is just fucking cancer

definitely this, it's a good game no doubt but if I could honestly price it, it would be for 40$ and make it for xbox 360. The only fucking reason people buy it is for "muh nostalguh" which isn't even there.

oblivion is more overhyped. people dont froth over skyrim but there's always a conga line of faggots willing to bitch about how much better oblivion was despite the only thing being better in oblivion being the magic system. IV is objectively worse than skyrim by every other metric.

Online is fun, but only with friends. Other people make the game a chore, especially when a hacker/person with a tank shows up and kills everyone.

this...
such a shitty game it's just cave after cave after dungeon after dungeon nothing new ever, just grinding the same thing over and over again... VERSUS NPC'S....

REPEAT
>SINGLE PLAYER GAME WHICH PLAYERS PUT THOUSANDS OF HOURS INTO.
yeah... fucking idiots you can't even show off your skill vs other players

go to a cave
kill everything in the cave
find thing
bring thing to person in town

over
and over
and over
and over

i meant every word i fucking said btfo

Skyrim combat is nothing compared to Oblivion. Oblivion may not have had quite the weight to it, but it was way more tactical. It's the nicest combat in an elder scrolls game by far.

This shithole of a game

i used to play games without those for about a month, starting over and over again didnt bother me at the time.

if i didn't have my mem card, i'd rage

I'm not one to jump on bandwagons, but I honestly love this game to bits and can fully understand the praise it received. I can also understand the counter-hate that spawns from that. Of course people who don't like the game as much group together as to not feel excluded.

I wouldn't call it overrated anymore. It was at the very beginning when it received full scores across the board. But now it sits at a comfortable average.

Also, on topic, pic related

Good game, but extremely overrated by a shitton of fanboys that make it out to be way better than it is.
>Janky animations and wax people of the previous game
>Barren ass desert with not all that much to find
>Combat is stiff as all hell
>Made out to be the best game in the series by people that only play this and 3 because it's marginally better than 3
>Backed up by fanboys that wholly refuse to admit to the game's many flaws

OP IS A FAGGOTsame faggot

ITT people with unpopular opinions trying to seem enlightened and validated

Agreed, it's funny to see the rage in the thread about this though.

Not samefagging, faggot. Get your wrong opinion having ass out of here.

and this faggot

online, yes. Offline, no

>defending league of legends
>the majority of people that play league of legends admit that it's a bad game

Only ever played the first Dark Souls, but:
>get through world's most boring tutorial
>defeat giant testicle monster, whatever
>spawn near a campfire with the starting equipment and nothing else because it's the start of the game
>get attacked by random fuck head I've never seen before
>my sword sails right through him
>he runs twice my speed
>too large a weapon to (incredibly slowly) roll away from
>shield is entirely useless
>get 1 shot no matter what I do
>try again about 20-30 times
>find no way to hurt him
>look online for any weak spots he might have
>get told to git gud
>never going back to that piece of shit game

Skyrim is one of the most overrated games. I had fun with it for like 40 and then it was dull and boring. Overwatch is objectivly an fuckin great game but anyway i stick to cs when i want to play a good competitive shooter

Most overrated game? The Last Of Us and Skyrim

I don't play Overwatch so I don't get it: it's a fucking shooter, right? So I should be a thousand times better at it than all the SJW tumblrfags that play it right?

Why do I get the feeling when looking at it that the shooter element in the game is pithy and useless and powerless as hell for "balance" reasons? Why does this look like a game where it;'s not uncommon to have to headshot someone 20 times before they die? I fucking hate that shit.

Should have went up the ramp, not down the ramp.

Spent the first 3 hours of release doing the same thing. Finally spotted the trail up after asking myself "there must be another way"

The reason that game is regarded as shit, or the best is the same reason.

OG NES games didn't have tutorials, like mario, zelda, contra. You have died a ton in those games but don't consider them over rated, just a part of the game.

People became casual, and want casual experiences. Investing an entire summer trying to jump over mushrooms and shells isn't a concept to them anymore.

If you're the kind of person to give up on a game within the first fifteen minutes because you're bad at figuring out new vidya, then Dark Souls isn't for you.

for the record, most NES/GB games are shit, including the old Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Pokémon. We just liked them back then because there were no alternatives. Board games were bigger back then because they could actually stand up to vidya.

I spent like 5 hours trying to beat/run away from that fucker. Watched video tutorials on how to do it, read up people saying that he doesn't attack you at all, yet there he is, next to the campfire with an attack already ready for when you've finished the spawn animation

depends 100% on the character, it's a class based shooter, some characters are tankier than others

some care about headshots, other's don't

so much variety it's like you're eating a rainbow roll and if you don't like sushi you're cucked by western isolationism anyways

Huh. In that case, I guess that just sucks. I wish you could've enjoyed it as much as I did.

Underrated

I wasn't expecting a casual experience, I was expecting to die a lot. What I wasn't expecting was 'well done, you made it out of that castle and up the weird floating stairs. There's a guy where you'll spawn next with an attack already charging up, ready to hit you and 1shot you within a second or 2 of you spawning'

It's not so much that I "care" about headshots. It's that it's fucking retarded if someone single or double taps you in the fucking cranium, especially with a high-powered gun or sniper rifle, and you just a keep on comin! It makes absolutely no sense.

I'm assuming "tankier characters" are like fat or whatever? Having a fat head doesn't make you bullet resistant.

My assumption was always that my game was bugged,since about 50% of people I've seen play it, he didn't attack them at all. But I tried on my friends copy, same shit.

Maybe it's just not for me.

Board games bored me. To each their own.

Having to fork over money for a few cards, then giving them all away for one card was pretty gay.

Pogs was the shit though.

Enemies reset when you rest at a bonfire, if a guy was killing you it's because you attacked him first several times and he's an NPC.

>Well done, you made it out of that castle
Well done, you finished the tutorial

Most of the tankier characters have shields/armour. Only one of them is tanky because fat

Being this edgy.

I didn't attack shit, he was there the first time I spawned out of the tutorial and attacked me right away.

>show off your skill vs other players

This isn't Dota or CS, its suppose to be comfy all the way.

>he fell for the quest meme
>not actually narrating your own story and getting lost in the world

i liked like the pic

If this genuinely happened when you played the game on your friends copy too I think you're just cursed mate, maybe the universe decided Dark Souls wasn't for you.

Why do thy need to be compared to each other? Why do we need to be forced to pick one over the oher? I hate these fucking juvenile concepts.

Nice digits, but I think misunderstood what kind of games the guy you responded to meant.

yep

That's what I think, some power that be makes dark souls hate me. Everything I've seen online he's an NPC but I guess I'm just real unlucky or something :/

No, I addressed the board games. Then moved on to card games, then moved on to pogs. Gaps for lines for proof.

Capra demon?

I didn't like Skyrim; I'm never going to play it again; stop trying to convince me that I should find it enjoyable. I don't.

you really need to specifcy at this point if we're going to get nitty gritty

if you were playing a sniper character your headshots would garner kils

but if you think lucio should get kills on streetpig because becky you and I need to sit down

Not the guy who you replied to, but I can also agree with this, except most tanks are pretty fat... they do have way more shields/armor/HP though.

Overwatch isn't just a shooter, it's a class based shooter with abilities and strategies like other games.

What skills? Online = fuck all except chaotic shooting sprees. No order, no organization, no stucture, just everyone shooting anything that moves in an enclosed space. You want to talk about the same thing over and over? Online is that, oh, and as for skills, who gives a shit about your skills? Oh you spend you life playing this game? I don't.

The hell is that? I was just watching through a let's play, and it's the guy that's there just after that bird takes you away from the asylum

You gotta admit its better than that steaming pile that came out 2 years ago. Youre telling me you want to sacrifice a good story and actual fun dlc for half assed customization and building that serves no purpose but to have a black guy dressed as Paul Revere yell at you?

agree. All this Hype around these battle royal games suck. Players Unknowen Battleground sucks too..

Then the guy on the bridge? who is meant to scare you to run away, and run up the ladder?

If you want some walkthroughs, epicnamebro has some good let's play stuff.

Well in its genre it's the best game tbh. Tf2 sucks compared to it.
Just because you don't like the genre doesent mean it's overrated

In its genre yes its the best. But you gotta admit it's a lot of hype for a game with little to no substance. If you want any kind of story or lore you have to either look it up online or wait for the one of the 4 yearly events. Other than that the game is 99% yelling at some faggot to stop playing Hanzo and do something

Oh he means the depressed fuck npc outside of firelink shrine I think

I think your right

I convince you to off yourself kiddo.

can't we all just get along?? C'mon let's start a fuck-train. dick-to-ass lets go. Contention is what this thread is about.

For me its gotta be this honking chunk of ass. 2 years in and it's still a fucking mess

I dunno. Paladins is pretty good. The mouse feels a lot smoother and more responsive in pallies. Plus I think the gamemodes make for more interesting play.

It has gotten better than the garbage fire that it started out as but its still a mess

Fuck off nigger

Yeah, I'll be sure to do that because I don't like a game that you do.
Grow up.

Isn't GTA, don't fuck with people if you don't want them to fuck with you.

You haven't seen operation health yet have you?

of course I have its fucking hilarious

well comeone, it's like saying CS:GO is missing a lore. cs:go also has little to no substance, it's also always the same, over and over again, but people still love it... It's not about the lore mainly, it's still just a shooter and not a story-game

ah good old memory card

Im sorry but noone in the world would agree, only sperg's, and i mean that with no offence

What do you mean my guy? The story is obviously the epic battle between le Italia de CT vs mahatmed aluuhu zaabirr T side. It's a heavily plot based game where the Cat's and T's want to be friends but the terrorists love for Michael Bay tributes and the Counter-Terrorists hate for turbans is what keeps them apart.

>fictional games should be more realistic
>all guns should instakill
>this would be more fun and balanced

Agreed, shit game, could literally be played with a dvd remote as its just fucking menu based. Faggot characters, lame story, shit oversized useless hunk of steel sword, a real piece of shit in every way

>cant aim
>says game sucks
>never played it

Sounds right