12. Idles - Brutalism
13. King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Flying Microtonal Banana
14. Wiley - Godfather
15. Elder - Reflections of a Floating World
16. Perfume Genius - No Shape

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KX-snv5u3f0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What would sex with Anthony Fantano be like?

One good album on this list and that album has the song of the decade on it

"AC/VC" from Mouth Moods, right?

which one because I see all shit

how is fleet foxes first when he gave skm, neil and fjm a higher score

He says in the video that the albums are mentioned in no particular order. OP fucked up by making it seem like he's ranking them.

Kirin J Callinan
SAD
I hated that Neil Cirgcienga album

shitty list because he hasn't made Richard Dawson - Peasant review yet

youtube.com/watch?v=KX-snv5u3f0

>says there is hardly any journalistic integrity in the music industry and shits on MTV in particular
>says up front that many artists have approached him asking for paid hype/scores and he has denied all of them because he feels like if he did that he would "have no soul"
>calls Chance The Rapper a "fucking pussy" for not being able to handle criticism

he's so based

Jesus christ his taste is ABYSMAL these days. It may as well be pitchfork

fleet foxes is so gay

it is p4k now with a score differrntial of 2 points, seriously compare the reviews and scores side by side they're damn near 1:1

I haven't watched a review from him for like a year or so. What a disappointment.

>Kirin J. Callinan

>I know there's no God above me,
>You know there's no devil below me,
>but some times i feel so lonely ....Fuggg

WOW DEEP LYRICS BRO

AOTY my hairy ass

>actually unironically caring
jfc

see

That doesn't matter or help. This is pretty much all samey popular indie rock. I mean there's not a single thing here that would leave anyone even vaguely into music like "oh damn whats that i gotta get on this"

From Nnamdi Ogbonnaya to Poly Chain to FUTUROSCOPE and Oto Hiax he's apparently just not even trying anymore

light to decent 7

>This is pretty much all samey popular indie rock

3, maybe 4 of the albums on that list might be considered indie rock. What the fuck are you talking about

Oh you're one of those people who doesn't think that Mountain Goats, Feist, Perfume Genius, King Gizzard, Fleet Faxes, and the ilk aren't all effectively the same "indeh" music promoted by p4k and urban outfitters

Literally none of those bands sound alike.

you're fucking retarded, how is King Gizzard "indie"?

jesus christ

Are you actually telling me you think they're just a psych rock band and should be treated as such

pretty patrician tbqh

ur gay

Oh you're one of those people who thinks that if a popular critic likes something it must be terrible because no one has better taste than you

No, these are all acts that have been doing pretty much the same thing for anywhere between half to a full decade now and is mostly stale and bland. Fleet Faxes did something new, but if youre actually losing your mind over it, you havent listened to much other new music out there

So now you're arguing that if an artist has been making similar music for more than 5 years they should be ignored? And also I never claimed to agree with Fantano's picks, for example I feel that the new Fleet Foxes album is trying way too hard to be progressive and deep and the end result is an album that's just not enjoyable on a baser level.

I'm saying that if you're eating up the exact same shit by the exaxt same bands 5-10 years later, yeah, you're doing things wrong.

Only popular act of the 2010s that has really kept changing in a consistent and real sonically notable way is really Death Grips although who knows, Kendrick could be on his way to that too.

THIS

>eating up the exact same shit
I'm not saying love every album an artist who maintains a similar sound throughout their career puts out. I'm just saying don't ignore them. And also did you just mention Death Grips in a positive light while arguing that Fantano's opinions are invalid?

His list is a light to medium turd sandwich.

BASED FUCKING MELONHEAD

WITH THE FUCKING MOUTH MOODS

I know those aren't in order but the fact that he put it up there is great. I know he loves it.

>Fleet Foxes
Straight up plebshit, Fagtano.

That whole list is dogshit except for 2, 4, 13, and 15.

Wait he's got a THIRD account? Ffs

iif they aren't psych rock then what the fuck are they? because they're definitely not indie in any sense of the word.

Stick your dick in a watermelon and find out!

I totally agree (still can't find whatever this FUTUROSCOPE album is that I see people mentioning anywhere). It's nothing but surface level indie stuff. Even p4k has been giving more spotlight to lesser-known good stuff from this year (though Fantano is just one person ofc so it's not like I expect him to review everything out there).

I just feel like he hasn't done enough digging deeper to find lesser-known gems, like that Nnamdi album, and Peasant (I thought that one was just okay but everyone else seems to love it), he could be using his platform to expose tons of people to new artists that deserve more of the spotlight. Or the even worse alternative is that he knows and likes all that stuff but only reviews based on what will get him the best view counts.

Note that Fantano never actually touched albums by Laurel Halo, Ricardo Villalobos, or Ellen Arkbro. Despite all being far more significant than garbage like Cicierega

>Despite all being far more significant than garbage like Cicierega
Have you ever heard of an opinion?

boring list is boring

There's opinions and then there's fact.

All three of those artists are more significant than a shitty, forgettable parody artist.

Why are there daily threads about this peckerwood? Just add him on grindr and quit bothering everyone else.

You are only providing more evidence that you donlt understand what an opinion is.

How old are you?

Yeah, sounds about right.

You'll grow out of your critic worship.

anons in aoty threads have better lists than this desu

true
do you think he's getting worse or this is just especially bad for him? I think he's gotten worse

Seriously, what does my age have to do with anything and when have I displayed any adoration of Fantano or any critic? All I'm saying is that you claim that Neil Cicierega is objectively a worse artist than Laurel Halo and all those others you mentioned, and I claim that that's an opinion and opinions are never facts. I hope you fix that superiority complex of yours.

idk if he is putting in as much time as he should be. i watched a bit of the qna he had recently and he hadn't heard of a lot of great albums released this year people were asking him about. albums that i see regularly posted on this board.

>song is literally called "song about drugs".
>what is ironic deconstruction

Was music bad this year?

My god fleet foxes is such a horrible band. That shit is repulsive.

>idk if he is putting in as much time as he should be.
Same. Seems to be resting on his laurels or trying to make his channel into as much of a mainstream thing as possible.

say what you want about the man and his tastes but at the very least he has integrity, respect for being one of the few people giving DAMN. an honest score when everyone else was too cowardly to piss off Kendricks massive fanbase

>all this twing twang folk singer songwriter shite
What a shit list

oh give me a break, if it was full of hip-hop everyone would be shouting "OMG THIS IS AFFIRMATIVE ACTION WHAT A KEK"

yes

Seriously, even looking at this list makes me yawn

>likes Sun Kill Moon

reminder: ed sheeran - 4/10, wolfgang voigt - 2/10

I hope all you faggots in the comments neck yourselves

indie was a mistake

Melon barely reviews electronic music and every time he does he seems like pulling scores out of his ass randomly

he said THESE ARE ALSO LISTED IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

kind of stupid of you not to include that

Anyone have a link for Bravado? The one in the archive was deleted

Anybody have a dl for that Poly Chain record?

Jesus that list is HORRIBLE. WHERE DID FANTANO GO SO WRONG?

dang roasted

>moo doesn't like fleet foxes
you faggots are alright

>Father John Misty - Pure Comedy
anyone have a link for this one?

CALALARVOB is the disappointment of the year.

never mind don't need it just discovered soulseek