Look, I have business associates who are black, and they don't want our sons with their daughters...

>Look, I have business associates who are black, and they don't want our sons with their daughters, and we don't want their sons with our daughters. Understand?

What did he mean by this?

How did they manage to pull off this kind of thing without making Tony seem ridiculous, or shaming him like crazy. Meadow/Noah are depicted as pretty annoying/whiny about this. The show genuinely doesn't seem to take a viewpoint/condemn racism. How did they manage to pull this off without uproar?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pkpb4RwCPmI
youtube.com/watch?v=5LpZoAmWORc
youtube.com/watch?v=oVpfcq4pV5U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The regressive left took over society after the show ended

>it's a Noah takes Meadow's virginity episode

i hate this episode

Its impossible for PoC to be racist therefore Tony technically wasn't being racist

No father wants their children dating niggers.

It was before todays SJW's existed

He was talking to a tizzun, you know what I mean?

Because Soprano and his goons are portrayed as the bad guys.

Didn't Tony defend a black nurse in the first episode?

Also why didn't T didn't really care that his son was fucking a mestizo? Is there a difference in having a son that race mixes and a daughter that race mixes?

he was probally glad that his son didn't turn out gay

Yes.

Tony was depicted as having a lot of good qualities as well, he was a very complex character. To say he was racist because he was bad is silly, because he wasn't just a bad guy.
Was casual racism really that prevalent just 10-15 years ago? It didn't seem like it to me.

Meadow turned into a SJW though.
This shit was around when the show was airing but it wasn't as influencial.

This may blow your mind:

Men and women aren't the same
Men and women are not equivalents in any way.

>Was casual racism really that prevalent just 10-15 years ago? It didn't seem like it to me.
No, people just didn't go cry all over the internet about it

The internet back then wasn't like it is today. No way in hell the Sopranos would get made in current year.

Was this really racism though?
I mean not wanting to mix with other races seem to be a trait shared by many communities.

You mean a ditzune, you illiterate shithead. Fuck off and meme on reddit instead.

I always skip it.

Or I would if Sopranos wasn't the highest tv kino.

I don't consider it racist really, but most would.

>Was casual racism really that prevalent just 10-15 years ago? It didn't seem like it to me.

It wasn't thought of as "racism" because literally no one wanted their daughter to date a black guy.

>Was casual racism really that prevalent just 10-15 years ago?

Howard Stern used to get away with saying "nigger" on a national radio station owned by NBC. People are just insanely uptight nowadays.

I mean, it's not like I give a shit or anything, but viewing another race as inferior to your own and not wanting your children to mix with them is kind of the definition of racism.

B L A C K E D
L
A
C
K
E
D

It's funny because Meadow, an Italian is darker than an actual nig. Really makes you think.

The show didn't portray Tony as justified. It was obviously part of his tradition but even Carmela had a hard time explaining his racism to Meadow. And yeah, Noah was depicted as a pretentious asshole but that had nothing to do with the fact that he was black. It was because he's a Jew.

You're putting words in his mouth. He never claimed they were inferior. He just wanted to keep their communities separate outside of business exchanges and wants his grandkids to look like him.

sicilians are part eggplant anyway

DELETE THIS

>italians

If Meadow had a tan she would be darker than that guy. He looks half black.

It was relegated to college campus, literally a phase the people grow out of, like dying your hair green and shaving the sides off. Now these freaks have infiltrated society as professional victims; perpetual teenagers who refuse to grow the fuck up.

That little faggot didn't fuck her. Come on man, it's obvious he was friendzoned as fuck.

Also, GOAT scenes

youtube.com/watch?v=pkpb4RwCPmI
youtube.com/watch?v=5LpZoAmWORc

Think about this then: the actress who played Meadow is actually...............A JEW!

Jamie Lynn Sigler isn't white in the first place, she's Jewish.

He was. His father is a Jew.

>I mean, it's not like I give a shit or anything, but viewing another race as inferior to your own and not wanting your children to mix with them is kind of the definition of racism.

That's like saying it's bad that you don't want your kid to mate with someone with downs syndrome or who is ugly. Certain races have inferior genetics--there's no two ways about it.

It's okay for minority to be racist. He is Italian so he is safe. It's only not okay for WASP to be

you know

it's pretty racist to go against italians
you know

Have you even seen the show? Tony clearly views blacks as inferior. Why else wouldn't he want his daughter mixing with them? It's obvious he'd prefer she date an Italian but I don't see him freaking out if she dated some white guy as long as he wasn't a piece of trash.

this was in the utopia of the early 00s before smartphones and clickbait articles where it was alright to depict someone as having old fashioned values without it meaning you're promoting them

Because back when the show was made we had largely achieved racial harmony and everybody accepted that they'd rather be with their own.

Forced diversity is a meme that came later and is thankfully now in decline.

>It's a Tony finds out Meadow is Jewish episode

Mate, 99% of communities typically prefer people breeding within said community. It's literally how it's always been. It's completely natural.

Because the audience's racism already made people primed to believe an Italian like Tony would be racist to begin with

Most Italians of a certain age are pretty bigoted. It comes from living next to blacks in crowded urban areas and being the second- or third-lowest on the totem pole a century ago

>yfw you realise Tony got cucked by a Jew

Again, there's no indication he'd have a huge problem with her dating a white guy, so it's obviously not just keeping with one's own, he has a specific issue with black people.

And, again, it's not like I give a shit, it was just part of his character, but come on if you can't at least admit Tony Soprano was racist you've gone full Sup Forumstard

>It was because he's a Jew.
jews aren't black

Because he relate far better with a white guy than he would a black guy. He'd still prefer an italian guy over either. He has a preference, not a prejudice. There's plenty of other ways tony was an asshole but this was completely reasonable.

but they ARE white, so your little theory goes out the window

fuck off with your oversensitive politically correct nonsense. DAS RACIS!!!!!!!!!!

So you're not willing to concede that Tony Soprano was racist? Because that's something that's pretty much universally agreed upon, we just forgive him for it because he's so fucking funny about it and we've already accepted him as a very flawed protagonist.

>Jamal Goldstein

I can't ever remember that scene from the show. Can you post a link?

>MFW someone tries to lecture me on movies and have sex with my daughter

It's not "my little theory" you retard, people have been talking about Tony Soprano's racism since the time the show was actually airing. Fuck off back to Sup Forums

If we had the Italian mob in America nowadays. Trump would win the election easily

Episode?

WHO WOULD FUCKING WANT TO SEE HIS OWN DAUGHTER DEGRADE HERSELF BY MARRYING AND HAVING SEX WITH A FUCKING NO BRAIN NO SKILL TALENTLESS NIGGER WHOM DICK WILL BECOME LIMP AFTER THE 30s?

blacked.com :^)

Proshai, Livushka

by people you mean hypersensitive cucks like yourself. go back to tumblr

What western college students think is racism is different than what the rest of the world think is racism.
Tony's attitudes are the exact same as practically every single community on earth besides Western ones. Get some perspective. No one in Sri Lanka, or Japan, or Mongolia would find him racist.

Don't watch the show out of sequence, plen.

>"My family's in the business. Show business... I don't know why they call it 'the business'."
>"You mean those old Tarzan movies?"

what the fuck was his problem?

Tony is a gigantic hypocrite, welcome to Sopranos 101

Stabbing someone is worse than punching them but that doesn't mean they both don't constitute violence.

A MELANZANE

When do guys start getting those large monkey knuckles? Can any oldfags tell me?

>Is not wanting to mix with other races racism?

Maybe it's because David Chase isn't a hack piece of shit and maybe HBO understood how to make good quality shows.

>Whenever an actor would go to David Chase to complain about his/her character, arguing the character would never do this or that thing, it has been reported multiple times that Chase would respond: 'Who told you it is your character?'

>Character and actor hate rats
>Literally spends most of the series ratting on Tony to New York

What did they mean by this?

was that supposed to be an analogy? thats terrible and doesnt even work in any shape or form

welcome to 21st century Human rights

White pussy is a right

>How did they manage to pull off this kind of thing without making Tony seem ridiculous, or shaming him like crazy.
faggot liberal blogs and reddit didn't exist back then.

That's what I'm saying!

>tfw black
just because you want your kids to fucking look like you doesnt mean you want to kill all niggers

>It's a victim complex / this could NEVER get made today :^) circle jerk episode

>It was before todays SJW's existed
They existed, they were just called the PTA

>almost every single culture on earth practices insularity
>it must be their perspectives who are off, not mine
>being insular is equivalent to killing someone

>just because you want your kids to fucking look like you doesnt mean you want to kill all niggers
no but black people have a serious problem. they are turning themselves in a mass of ugly mestizios...what happened to black suprematism?

C H A S E D
H
A
S
E
D

That same show also gave us eighteen episodes of filler where a fat runaway mafioso fucks a gay biker/firehose operator, before promptly returning, getting beaten to death, and having a pool cue forcefully shoved deep into his own rectum.

I forgot where I was going with this but I'm sure you guys will make the parallels.

If I were to ever break my rule against being with coal burners it would be with her.

Are you literally retarded? You were suggesting Tony's actions weren't racist because racism is a lot worse in other parts of the world. Since I apparently have to hold your hand through this, in the analogy Tony's racism is equivalent to punching someone, and lynching a black person or some of the shit that goes on in other parts of the world would be stabbing them. Just because one is worse than the other doesn't mean they don't both qualify as racism or violence.

>what is an analogy

stop trying to make analogies

He looks like that Jewish kid on The Goldbergs.

Because everyone knows that's how people feel.
Not everybody but a LOT of people don't want black grandchildren.
Especially people who take pride in their heritage which the mafia clearly does.

There's a scene in the prequel to the Sopranos where Tommy's with a girl and he almost considers beating her because she said Sammy Davis Jr was attractive.

I think Breaking Bad might be a little more your speed, champ.

They're usually appropriate. Yours isn't by trying to bring vulgar shit like murder into what I thought was a civilized conversation. If you can't talk with people without bringing murder and lynching into things, you need to calm down.

There were exactly 4 Vito episodes. 5 if you count the one where Finn saw him blowing a security guard

I think the Vito arc was less about him being gay and more about how you can never escape the mob life.

we have a hothead here

Imagine The Sopranos written by a faggot like Vince Giligan.
>Tony is actually the one cucked by a strong and independent Carmella.
>Paulie becomes a cold and usually humorless operator like Mike.
>Tony goes around and spouts meme phrases like "I am the strong, silent type" whenever he faces a boss from another family
>Tony goes on and try to murder kids because we need to hate him.
>Christopher gets the Jesse treatment
Wait, Jesse was actually the only well written character of the show.

you've embarassed yourself enough with these poor attempts at analogies, don't try and act condescending now

lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=oVpfcq4pV5U

>Say my name
>Gary Cooper
>You're Goddamn right

>act like a retard
>realize it
>desperately try to declare victory
Lmao you got cucked faggot, deal with it.

Sopranos is way better than BrBa but Walt was a good character. He spouted memes because it's the only way he knows how to be a tough guy.