Latin America is apart of Western Civilization

>Latin America is apart of Western Civilization

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East–West_Schism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Christianity
>European languages
There's a strong indigenous element as well, but it's not dominant in most of those countries.

>apart
indeed

Who the fuck cares

What the fuck has christianity got to do with western civilization? its an asian religion.

I don't think you know what "the west" is.

Enlighten me.

Western civilisation is based on Greek philosophy, Roman law and Christian morality.

And Spain has nothing to do with the west.

Have you ever been in Spain? You probably never left your shit state

Spain has nothing to do with the west, now fuck off Spain has nothing to do with white latinos either, spain is black not a drop of white country.

Generally speaking, Latin American culture is an extension of Southern European culture but also with a native element thrown in. It's kind of like Russian culture which is an extension of Eastern Europe but also incorporates Central Asian influences.

>Christian morality
???
How many countries now and historically would qualify as western then? not even the papal states at some points in history.

I don't mean that people actually follow it. They have just this framework according to which they judge what's supposed to be moral and what's not.

East Asia has Confucianism for example, which is very different.

An arbitrary meme designation.

>They have just this framework according to which they judge what's supposed to be moral and what's not.
You mean like punishing the rapist's victim instead of the rapist?
Bruh christianity didnt change the morals of europeans, quite the opposite.

Russian Russia has no Central asia influence wtf, its other way around, gooks are getting Ivan'd

You obviously have never been in Spain if you think that

>Bruh christianity didnt change the morals of europeans, quite the opposite.

Any morals Europeans have are based on christianity, Christianity is like most European thing that defines this continent, other user btw

Duck off whitey imperialists not welcome in Spain.

That's a totally objective and non indoctrinated opinion you got there my friend, mind backing it up with facts?

You are talking to a CHI quit falling for his shit tier bait.

It introduced some new concepts, but of course, there was a lot of syncretism with paganism.

I'm not a Christian btw, I'm only acknowledging that this religion played a major role in our history and you can still see its traces in Europe.

where do you think hating fags comes from?

He's right, shut the fuck up you philistine

But its an eastern influence
The east? have you noticed the western world is the least fag hating in the entire planet?

The Catholic Church remained intact after the fall of Western Roman Empire and represented continuity. Monasteries were centres of learning and universities came from cathedral schools.

Europe was defined by vicious religious wars after Reformation.

It's the difference between the classical west and the modern west. The classical west roughly falls within the borders of the roman empire at its greatest extand, christianity spawned here. Green border.

Modern west, red line, is where the western cultures expanded to. Western populations completely settled the Americas and Australia/NZL.

What some people dispute is Latin America. Most people would agree that Mexico is a part of "the west" but otherwise the nations that Spain and Portugal colonized have generally followed a third world pattern with various eras of military dictators and redrafted constitutions, which disputes the certainty of the claim as "the West." They are still majorily christian and roman-spawned though. I've included South Africa in this category because it certainly stands out enough from the rest of Africa.

Other disputed areas might include the levant and Japan. I don't really know if the Japanese consider themselves western.

The Russians love to deny their western influence.

Regardless, Christianity was certainly never a asian religion. It spawned in a important roman province and spread to the west along the roman trade network and then along the european kingdoms.

>Its not eastern religion
Born in asia as an heresy of an older asian religion which is made up of older asian religions
Right.
I guess the phillipines is more western than the czech republic.

>Ignores post.
Okay.

Thank God!

East what? Asia? Nobody cared about fags until Pope said its nuh-uh

He's a fucking ignorant idiot and I'm not going to argue with him.

To answer your earlier question. Yes, you could classify Christianity as an offshoot of Judaism and it came from Palestine. I still don't see how it's relevant.

Are you fucking kidding me? romans and greeks had notorious homos
I dont see how an alien eastern religion has anything to do with European civilization as other than a foreign influence and a mainly negative one

>Christianity is like most European thing that defines this continent
Dang someone should tell Coptic Christians they're either actually Europeans or not true Christians according to your retarded world view.

It could've came from aliens or whatever. That doesn't change the fact that Christianity was a crucial element in European history.

Greeks were influenced by other cultures too. Their script came from the Phoenicians.

exactly lol, and they stopped BECAUSE of christianity

dumb leaf, every european nation has christianity at its core, that doesnt make every christian european

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East–West_Schism

So it's almost like drawing those lines saying something either is or isn't European creates an incomplete and inaccurate picture of societal developments.

Yeah, labels are incomplete and inadaquate. World is a complicated place.

>every european nation has christianity at its core
Someone should really let Bosnia-Herzegovina, Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia, Bulgaria and Montenegro know that.

They are not Europeans though, just like Mahmoud Al Stockholmi is not

Barely considered European

So you agree biology and culture are what's important not faith

of course, nowadays religion doesnt mean much, but Europe was shaped by Christianity

Religion and culture are inseparable.

>Religion isn't cultural
Consider what you're saying

Depends in many parts of the world religion is pretty much an arbitrary factor because it has very little relevance in their life so you have families that are pagan, christian and muslim all under the same roof because they don;t really give a fuck about it like other people do.

Nobody outside of Sup Forums gives a shit about religion in your countries

The fact that you equate church attendance with the cultural relevance o religion tells me you're not intelligent enough to have this conversation.

They don't need to. Most of it's already embedded in the language and zeitgeist of the country itself. People pick up on certain philosphical positions without neccesarily understanding or even making a concious choice to hold them through cultural osmosis, and there's no greater spreader of culture than religion.

People don't need to be Chrisitian to hold onto Chrisitian ideas and ideals. It leaves a legacy, whether it's practiced or not.

I think we stablished that European culture shaped Christian morality and not the opposite.

Including the parts of "Europe as Rome" that weren't Europe at the time? The Roman influence is in there, certainly, but the German or Scandinavian? How about Scottus or the Irish Monks? Did they shape Christian morality, and make it European, or were they shaped by Christianty and went on to influence it themselves?

When I'm speaking of Christian metaphysics, morality and beliefs, I'm refering more to the centuries of work done after Jesus than the actual bible itself. The proto-communist, apocalyptic cult has some vestiges left in the West -- see Global Warming, Global Cooling, Malthus, Yellow Peril & Nukes for Europe's obssesion with its own destruction -- but Christianity as an institution is less about that than what came after.

The non roman Europe which is by the way the minority of western Europe was latinized culturally.
Yes the catholic church helped doing that but its irrelevant its only the vector

The Christian religion teaches free will--every man may accept or reject salvation, and God cannot force you to follow him. This is important to the foundation of democracy and freedom of expression--the idea that man is free to control his own destiny.

This doesn't exist in the Islamic world because there is no freedom in Islam, only the requirement that you obey the Quran or else. It doesn't exist in East Asian cultures either which were shaped by collectivist ideas like Confucianism where the family is bigger than the individual.

Not really

>Guatemala
Opinion discarded.

>Western
Yes
>Civilization
No

>The Christian religion teaches free will-
Google Calvinism some time.