Is being highly intelligent more of a burden than an advantage?

Is being highly intelligent more of a burden than an advantage?

yes
most super intelligent people end up an hero'ing because nothing challenges them and everything is boring

Wouldn't know, I've never been anything else

I think it is more that they recognize their true potential but since we are lazy and never achieve it, that's depressing.
Also they know how bad things really are all the time, so that contributes too.

My friend that has an iq of 70 is super happy despite being a fucking cop.
I am always miserable.

I was "the smart kid". In elementary school and middle school I never had to work and I'd ace everything but now that I'm older and I nearly flunked high school I have no motivation or work ethic and I'm a fucking miserable drugged-out loser so I'll probably kill myself before I'm 30. I'd take passion and extroversion over this fucking chronically depressed "smart" brain.

How do you even survive with an IQ below 90?

If not coupled with laziness, it's certainly an advantage. Otherwise it's a burden.

Fuck if I know, but his nickname is stone, very fitting.
Dumb as a rock.
At least he can take bantz.

And how did your higher than usual intelligence make you lose motivation and work ethics ?

He literally says so in the post. He didn't need those skills and his parents evidently didn't force them on him either.

To everyone in this thread.
You're not actually that smart.
There is a difference between intelligence and knowledge.
Every person in this world will know something that you do not.
The sooner you accept you're not fucking Sherlock Holmes/ Dr. Who. The happier you will be in life.
Don't bother replying to my post. Closed this tab as soon as I posted.

Because I literally never did homework. I would just get A's on all the quizzes and tests and then go home and play club penguin or whatever. My dad never gave enough of a shit about me to push me to work harder, especially since I'd come home with a good report card and lie about whether I did my homework. I was a whiny, manipulative little brat and I always got out of doing any real work, even outside of school.

only if you're also unmotivated.
if you're smart and motivated you are successful, productive, busy, and engaging your talents which leads to satisfaction for many people.
if you're unmotivated it leads to boredom and depression.

It's a blessing and a curse OP
You can see the futility in things, but it doesn't have to crush your wishes or desires; If you find something that is worth doing (In your opinion of course) and just roll with it - self worth and happiness might follow.

You wouldn't know so why even ask?

Only if you're an ass about it.(Mensa)

Just be like that super smart guy working as a janitor.

Depends on the field you are intelligent in.
> If you know secrets of the universe it could possibly make you want to commit suicide.
> If you were the finest mind in technology you could hack for a living.

What I found worth doing was shitposting in Sup Forums.
Because I am a lazy pos so I can't get myself to put any effort into studying or trying to develop an app at least or a game.

I think so OP.

Knowing something in advance before others do can take away excitement... which tends to lead to acknowledging something and being ready to move on from it. So yes in most cases.

No, so long as you're not lazy with being smart