The Maxx

Has anyone else in the world seen this? Used to be on MTV in the mid 90s, divided up into shorts. Based on a comic book.

Watched it last night and it blew me away.

Been looking for that,thanks for teh reminder.
Also,we new a fat girl named Maxine around the time that show was on the air,of course we called he The Max.

I wasn't born yet

I couldn't find it for a while then I bought the VHS for $2 but I think you can watch it on Vimeo.

It's dope. The episode about the bunny in the shoebox still disturbs me to this day

Drug addicts love this show.

You probably wouldn't like it then, no ponies or animated estrogen peenies. Plus the art isn't "minimalist" unoffensive blob characters, so it might make you feel inadequate

Well they have good taste then. The animation is superb for being 20 years old it looks quite modern. Julia is qt.

Never saw the show, but the comic book is legit fantastic up and down. Would definitely recommend if you like the show (although you have to be averse to the edge of 90's comics to understand what was being sought; such as with the claws being middle fingers of sorts)

Watch The Head next

Used to watch this years ago on MTV's late night block. As a kid I didn't know what the fuck was going on but it was creepy and weird to me

I miss late night cartoons like these

On of the Mtv gems. Along with Aeon Flux.

Yeah I'm planning on it.

You should check the show out, it covers some of the earlier comics. Altogether its like 2hrs and more worth it than most movies I've watched lately desu.

REC obscure 'out there' cartoons from the 90's

check out old episodes of MTV's Liquid Television it might suit your needs.

I need to go about finishing it, I dug it, very character driven.

Yes, I loved this show. I also collected all the comics. I still have my vhs copy.

>anyone else in the world

Yes, there are still people on Sup Forums older than you shitstain millennials.

All that anger is bad for your heart, grandpa

Which generation grew up with the best TV?

this is all totally subjective, but imo, the early to mid 90s has more great shows under its belt than what 1997-2003 had to offer.

I rewatched it a few years ago. I remember as a kid the chick who tried to killer herself freaked me out and now it seems like normal behavior. Good taste op.

she was a good character, very unexpected in a series like this

I have all the comics on my hard drive but never read them because I couldn't be arsed to find a program to open them with.

I used to like this show.
Wasn't it a Todd Mcfarlane comic?

Sam Keith. It was an Image comic, though, yes. The series was fantastic...it gets weird as shit though. Sarah grows up a bit more (after Julie disappears) and gets a Maxx of her own, named Norbert. Who is a big white horse.

Then you've got Iago the slug and the pink Isz fairies...

Yes, it was a McFarlane comic. Great comic, great series. Very weird though. Sara grows up after Julie disappears and acquires a Maxx of her own named Norbert who is a large horse.

Also, there's Iago the slug and the pink fairies. Great series, one of McFarlane's best.

Love it, it's really great.

Hello, fellow old person. Yeah, that and Aeon Flux were my favorites.

cbr is essentially an archive format like zip, i don't know why people upload comics in particular like that. You need to rename the file extension from .cbr to .rar. I'm not sure if .zip works, you could try, but otherwise just download 7zip (it supports everything), rename the file extensions and you will be able to open and xtract the images. Do a backup first of course in case something screws up.

Such a pity Sam Keith's art took a gigantic nosedive into the shitter sometime after this comic.

Some loser made a "drug addiction" thread based on this thread. How fucking pathetic.

>The animation is superb for being 20 years old it looks quite modern
Are you literally twelve or just retarded?

Because of Comic Book Reader.

You're gonna tell me that animation doesn't look pretty good for a 20 year old cartoon?

Akira looks way better.

It's literally called CBR reader

Somehow I think the budget for Akira was a tad higher than a series of MTV shorts.

No, it looks perfectly average for a 20 year old cartoon. Have you ever seen anything animated before 2000?

I'm about to blow your mind, user. CDisplayEx

I almost envy how much your life is about to improve.

For you too

>budget privilege
not an excuse.

>never read them because I couldn't be arsed to find a program to open them with.

Are you legitimately retarded? You google "how to open CBR files" and google tells you many programs to do it with. It's literally easier then making a post on here about how dumb you
are.

I haven't finished the series but I liked everything I saw from it. Watched part of it like 6 years ago but I don't think it's on mtv.com anymore, is it?

It still pales in comparison to Aeon Flux. Been rewatching that recently and its mind blowing how much attention to detail there is that just adds to the fucked up world building of the (in retrospect incredibly short) series.

The Head is another cool Mtv cartoon to check out.

The Head, Aeon Flux, and The Maxx are all fucking garbage and anyone who claims to like them hasn't seen any anime at all.

Look at this loser. One, they obviously aren't anime. Two, if you seriously don't like Aeon Flux the series as well as the shorts I can't think of you as anything but a pleb. Holy shit.

>anyone who claims to like them hasn't seen any anime at all.

You act like that's a bad thing? People who are fans of those shows aren't neckbeard weaboos pedophiles.

Comic is OK but pretty nasty in it's proto-SJW tone.

(SPOILER): Maxx is a homeless twenty something the female lead nearly killed and who is forced to protect the bitch who nearly killed him.

Worse, he's reduced to being a faceless un-person whenever he isn't the Maxx, because no one cares about him enough to see him as nothing more than a masked white knight for the shithead female lead

No, it wasn't. It was Image comics, but it was Sam Kieth.

>Comic is OK but pretty nasty in it's proto-SJW tone.
How is it proto-SJW? Do you think all this shit didn't exist before the internet brought it to you? It's SJW outright. Dude was literally raped by some feminist whore when he was underage and she cucked his brain to never recover.

>Kieth met his wife when he was 15 years old and she was 30. He reports that although they lived together, he did not speak openly about their relationship until he was 18 years old and it was legal.[15] Much of Kieth's work has dealt with complexities of age differences in relationships with his graphic novel My Inner Bimbo being heavily influenced by the early days of his relationship with his wife.

I bought all the issues of this comic with my pocket change as a kid. I still have them in a bag somewhere.

Just let the bait ride, anons

If you read that far into a comic book for social justice messages I feel really bad for you. I wouldn't be able to enjoy any fictional media if I was constantly thinking everything had an SJW agenda

I miss the days when Mtv was stoner central, with Beavis and Butthead, Jackass, all their trippy cartoons. I didn't even smoke weed back then but these shows made me feel like I did anyways.

>>If you read that far
How far? It's obvious in the first few pages that Keith's fat old rapist wife was basically the writer.

>Keith's fat old rapist wife
wat

See

Marijuana had nothing to do, EVER, with MTV.

This stupid projection shit is why I will always support marijuana prohibition. Fuck you and fuck your "stoner" culture.

now this shit right here is completely pure and undiluted capekino

falseflag

>averse
definition- having a strong dislike of or opposition to something
nice

ah i never knew that, thanks. Not totally mind-blowing though, since i just load all the images into bridge and export them as a pdf and then view it that way, it achieves basically the same thing.

>Marijuana had nothing to do, EVER, with MTV.

That's like saying Hollywood movies in the 40's and 50's had nothing to do with sex.

It's great. They did a really good job, but I would have loved to see a frame by frame adaptation of the comic books. If you think the show was good then read those. Amazing series.

>mommy mommy fucky me in the assy
>why no fucky let me make comicky about evul PATSRIACHY DUN DU DNND
>aaaah mommy fucky bum bum goood

Say that in a week.

edgy cartoon Tick?

Whats gonna happen in a week?

You'll realize that reading comics with only a double click and being able to resize and stuff it clearly superior.

oh i see. i don't intend to download it any time soon since i dont read comics regularly. i have previously, hence why i figured out my own way of doing it.

Back when it was an acceptable thing to do I bought the whole series on iTunes