My step-brother took a girl home FROM A BAR last night only to find out the next day that she's only 17...

My step-brother took a girl home FROM A BAR last night only to find out the next day that she's only 17. Her parents came to his door that afternoon with the police. Is he just fucked, or is the fact that she got caught with a fake ID a good enough defense? Pic Unrelated.

Yea he's fucked buddy, fake id or anything else doesn't matter. Numbers are absolute and pure, so 17 is 17 no matter what

Age of consent.
/thread

Lol. Ur bro is going to be on the sex offender registry for the next 15 years.

If your step brother is ugly then that poor child was brutally raped and he deserves nothing less than a nice prison ass raping.

i mean how old is the brother?
if he's close enough, romeo and juliet clause might apply no?

Not legal fag but just wondering can't he say he didnt know like claim ignorance.

how the fuck did her parents find out where she was even?
fucking chipped ass bitches.

17 in most states is legal.
But he can use the alibi that he assumed she was legal as she was drinking or was at a bar where you need to be over 18 or have a wrist band on.

>My step-brother
You mean YOU. You're just substituting so we don't shit all over you, amirite?

ive always wondered this. i may have had a 16 year old who lied to me, saying she was 17 (age of consent where i live) including sent me a picture of a fake ID showing she was 17. After the fact, she then revealed that "haha i was still 16" and i basically cut all contact with her.

now she told me about it like a year later, but i was still extremely pissed. this was a number of years ago, but if her parents pressed to push charges, would i really be fucked? I mean everything i knew at the time said it was OK, i would have never done it if i knew she was underage...

You're putting the responsibility of checking her age on the bar? Should he ask the bar if she has any STDs or if she has a history of multiple sexual partners too?

No, because that is something he needs to ask her. He could have picked her up at an aquarium, but that doesnt make her a marine biologist if he doesn't ASK the obvious question does it?

>You're putting the responsibility of checking her age on the bar? Should he ask the bar if she has any STDs or if she has a history of multiple sexual partners too?

one of those things is illegal. the other 2 or not. are you really that dumb to not realize the distinction? It absolutely is the bar's responsibility to know her age.

she in fact can be tried for false representation... It doesn't matter if she was even 15 at that point, she used fake Id to get into a bar, inwhich other bar goers can assume she was of legal age and therefore any action taken toward her , is on her , for impersonating an adult.
Your Bro has a solid counter against her ~

Shut up

> the other 2 or not

are not*

Actually it's a legal defense autismo
I know you don't leave your mom's basement let alone work a real job but there's a whole world out there which sets precedent

Sorta legalfag here.

So basically this all depends on the state he lives in. Some states have an absolute no tolerance policy. Other states have a "should have reasonably known" clause, if he lives in one of those states, then the fact that she was in a bar with a fake ID being served drinks removes any reasonable means to assume she was under 21.

In a state with no tolerance, it can still be argued that while yes, sex did occur, the fact that he thought she was 21 due to her being in a bar with a fake ID is proof that there was no intent to offend and that he is not a danger to children.

Either way, he needs a good lawyer. The prosecution will try to paint him as some pedo monster who targeted that young girl specifically because he can't control himself and MUST have underage girls on his dick. Most of the time a public defender will just let the prosecution make their case and ignore their client, so DO NOT GO WITH A PUBLIC DEFENDER.

Get an actual lawyer with a history of dealing with cases like this. If he's in a state with a defense clause, then he might get off Scott free. If he's not, then he might still get a reduced sentence or probation with no prison time if the lawyer is good.

Trust me on this, he NEEDS to get a good lawyer either way. That is not up for debate. Get the funds for a lawyer or he's screwed.

I work in the real world. In a bar. If we do not check ID an serve them alcohol we can be fined, shut down, and or licenses taken.
The fact you don't know this concerns me

? you and that user are both arguing the same point. The fact that the bar is legally responsible for checking the age of its patrons could set up a legal defense that the user could assume everyone there was of the consenting age, since you have to be 21+ to be in a bar anyways.

>Sorta legalfag here
I googled it and wikipedia says......

underage b&
in some states its illegal to enter a bar under 21 years old, regardless of drinking age
and in most states it is also illegal to enter a bar under 18 - the exception to the prior 21 clause being a difference of atmosphere like a live DJ or music sometimes changes the technicalities to 18 from 21 because of live entertainment

Not that user but kys you petty fuck

fantastic contribution. let's be real, you are that user, no one else would respond to that (unless they were even pettier than they were accusing)

fucked
No way to prove he(you) met her in a bar.
He's (You're) going to be the red flag on the sex offender map for his(your) neighborhood.