What would it take for someone to unseat him as the preeminent music critic on youtube/the internet at large

what would it take for someone to unseat him as the preeminent music critic on youtube/the internet at large
there's a lot of variety in the various movie and video game review channels but anthony's the only music reviewer anyone takes seriously. why is that? what could someone do to challenge his position?
[spoiler]also what large body of work should I listen to before starting my review channel in order to provide a proper basis for informed opinions[/spoiler]

He has a lot of credentials when it comes to music. If you wanted to compete learn a good amount of music theory and listen to as many albums as you can, not matter their genre or popularity level.

His shit is all opinion, so you just have to compete by formulating your own well informed opinions.

The hardest thing to do would be to become a meme because that's where a lot of his popularity comes from.

out meme him

Looking to take on the melon eh? I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT FANTANO IS THE ONLY ONE FOR ME AND ALL OF THIS SUBRE-

But seriously just make some good content and upload religiously. I reckon most people who attempt to start review channels just quit posting because you gotta be consistent. You need to set aside shitloads of time and effort homie.

>He has a lot of credentials when it comes to music.
Hahaha what

all the people who hate him not sitting at their computers waiting for new content so they can criticise it

all these fantano youtube personality types get as much of their relevance from hate from support. a click is a click, and controversy just gets more clicks

>He has a lot of credentials when it comes to music.
Wrong.
>His shit is all opinion, so you just have to compete by formulating your own well informed opinions.
His opinions aren't well-informed so that's not part of it either.
>The hardest thing to do would be to become a meme because that's where a lot of his popularity comes from.
This is the truth.

Anybody who is seriously into music could compete with Anthony Fantano as a YouTube critic. It would require costs for a camera and video editing software though. Just know your classics and stay up to date on new releases.

The problem with that approach is that Fantano mainly gets his views from braindead hip hop listeners.
Unless you appeal to them you'll never overtake Fantano that's for sure.

Yeah I guess ur right, he panders to the masses too heavily to be out competed by anyone with integrity

i like his meme channel

1- review hip-hop AND indie garbage
2- be very obnoxious and have a thin veneer of professionalism (that means buy good video recording equipment and do some flashy editing tricks)
3- become a giant meme
4- upload on a daily basis

Step 3 may be the most important step

You sound angry over something that literally has no effect on your life :)

this desu, and review as much of this chart as you can

also if you like and give MBDTF a good rating and make good content, Kanye fags will most certainly shill in your defense of you being better than Fantano if you do reach his level

Please take this fucker down. He is absolutely cringe and has turned Sup Forums-core into meme shit. His reviewing style is not good and his persona is the unintentional parody of a vegan hipster.

>the preeminent music critic

that really doesnt mean shit these days
in the 60s? sure. These days? Everyone's an expert

and the folks who are actually talented don't use a soap box.

deep cuts leagues ahead of Fantano anyways

I will support you if you put effort into your videos
I'm tired of fantano
He became lazy
Doesn't use Cal chuchesta anymore (probably because it takes effort to act out and edit)
Reviews too much rap and pop (probably to appeal to his moron subscribers)
And hes just really all around annoying

deep cuts = r3ddit
fantano = Sup Forums

still like ollie more though

Some meme about MBDTF or DAMN.

Seriously though, Fantano's style could be done by just about anyone. Sitting in front of a camera and telling you about an album is not too much of a skill. Just about every music reviewer does it, and that's what cheapens the craft for me.

To dethrone Fantano, someone would need to do the following...

1) Do something unique with reviews that makes their content distinct. Something like FrankJavCee, but for reviews
2) Create a cult following that may or may not rely on memes
3) Consistent quality and uploads. Part of fantwon's success is his prolificness, and breadth of genres he covers. You would need to match that.

[This is my first Sup Forums post please don't crucify me]

how? Fantano is more popular on reddit and Fantano reviews more mainstream pop/hip-hop garbage. Deep Cuts liked Arca so that's enough for me to assume he has better taste

for one, deep cuts hasn't got a meme channel and recently said he will never make a meme channel

immediately makes his opinion more valuable to me imo

For a bit, I was considering doing music reviews on YT as "Track by Track reviews". I don't think anyone else on YT is doing that so it would've helped differentiate me from Fantano. I also wouldn't have shown my face.

Basically, if you do it, try being something very different from Fantano instead of just being Fantano 2.0.

and review kpop because it's got a big fanbase

echo Sup Forums to a certain extent but have a few well placed contrarian opinions on certain artists or albums to mix things up. make sure to have a reasoning behind the dislike that appeals to a certain group like the "t. numale" posters or people that sperg whenever grimes is mentioned. also really dumb humor for people who feel like theyre above everything.