ITT:

ITT:
>post pictures of your pets
>ask the crazy pet hoarding OP any question about fish or reptile keeping
>request pictures from some of my collection

my pet mouse

It's inhumane to keep animals as pets.

He seems very well taken care of.
Fuck off PETA nigger. I own an animal that is endangered in it's native population and the only reason they arent dying out is captive breeding.

why does your school of cory cats consist of only 3 emerald green and 1 albino?

next you're going to show us a 10 gallon tall tank when they need at least a 20 gallon long

Actually its a 55 gal with a school of 12. 5 green corys, 1 albino, 2 peppered and 4 panda corys. Let me show you. Its still a bit overstocked because they keep breeding. I'm in the process of filling it while I'm responding to this thread.

What other pets do you keep?

Nice OP
This is my 75g, which is a little crowded. I also have a 30g but it's empty right now because I don't want to collapse the top floor of my house.

well that's not right

nice tank man, used to have a similar size reef tank, expensive hobby tho

I've downsized recently because I know im about to move again, but currently I have 2 55g tanks, one with the cory cats and one lone algae eater and charity case goldfish, and the other with two violet gobies. I also have a bearded dragon, a leopard gecko, a baby red argentine tegu and a tropical girdled lizard that I'm about to buy a harem. I'll drop some pictures as I respond

Oh and cats. 2 of my own and 4 owned by my family I'm currently staying with.

Nice! I love angels and mollies. (Or are those cherry barbs that are blurry? Hard to tell) I had to sell all the livebearers in my brackish tank to cut down on the ammonia spikes. Ever consider adding some java ferns to offset the extra bodies?

You're damn right it is.. I had to stop my fiance from getting me a 100g reef tank for christmas because it just isn't financially sustainable. Breeding lizards, bugs and fish isn't really either, though..

This is the tropical girdled lizard (also commonly called an Armadillo Lizard) and his name is Herbert.

What's your fav pet OP?

They're cherry barbs. I have difficulty keeping plants because I have 5 of these and they love to dig.

That's a tough call. It's probably a toss up between my old sassy hemingway cat and my leopard gecko. Both are in their late teens.

when holding just your dick isn't enough

Loaches are a menace for sure. The cories I've got root around the same way but obviously they're a bit smaller. Java ferns might still work though because they have a strong tap root and can be tied onto logs and rocks.

sister's dog

I'll look into those, thanks

Axolotl?

Ye. He's currently staying with a friend though since this house gets too warm.

Its slightly less humiliating if its a girl dog

What a shit tank , just java fern and fucking useless corys , get some discus and stop being such a cock sucking fag

Nice corys, I got 12 of them in my 56 gallon tall.
2 bronze, 2 albino, 4 panda, and 4 sterba

here's a pic of my new lil nigga in his 2 month old established sw tank.

Hey there's some anubias and some big sword in there too. Let's see you do better with no ferts or co2. Besides, you can't keep discus with a goldfish. Go back to your basic bitch trend fish.

Talk to me when you are cultivating marcoalgae from local waterways to breed your copepods.

Where my snake bros at.
One of my sneks.
She's an albino red tail boa.
Currently only 3.5 feet. Gunna be an easy 7 ft in 2 years.
Also got 2 ball pythons.

Macro not marco you dumb cunt

Saltwater is my next big venture. Banded Coral Shrimp are definitely on my short list for what to fill my first sw tank with. I kind of want to do a bunch of gastropods but I dont know how hard they are to keeo.
>trying this hard to point out obvious autocorrect typos
Why are you so angry? Post your fish or GTFO. I never said I was the mac daddy of the fish hobby.

These two need a bigger tank and some pool filter sand. I hate setting up temporary tanks but they seem to be eating well still.
These guys are both rescues. I used to work at a LFS and people would buy them because they had the word "dragon" in their name but then would return them because they'd refuse to eat in fresh water.

I wish I had sneks to share. Maybe soon. I definitely want a boa when I do get one.

gastropods are snails right? they're super hardy, you can basically use them to cycle your new sw tank.

>a tropical girdled lizard that I'm about to buy a harem
How many she-lizards will you buy for it, and why?

Snails are gastropods but I meant guys more like this
You are right though they do seem pretty easy to care for. I love slugs

Probably 3 or 4. Tropical girdled lizards are one of few communal reptiles, and they give live birth. I have a larger tank to fill once I move and I want to watch them eat together

My Female Horsefield Tortoise, can be a mean bitch but she's my mean Bitch :)

GET ON MY LEVEL OF TANK

But its empty? And still in a store

Ya, I am in the process of moving so I never stocked it with anything yet. Not driving 3000 miles to have everything die on me.

Tortoises are shifty motherfuckers.

Tru dat. What are your plans?

good thing! im thinking about a terrarium with geckos/chameleon/small reptiles:

- shouldnt be to difficult/problematic species
- smaller than 0.25 m when mature
- gentle and ok with take out of terrarium
- intelligent (the more the better)

suggestions?

Jelouse u have 3 ive thought about getting her a female friend but unsure how it would go

Cichlid tank. I find if you make a tank hyper aggressive enough they just keep to their own areas and things work out. Also tank is 90 gallons

Established in 2 months? Your shits gonna die.

Any time you mix species you are going to create competition, but if you feed them separately (time consuming) you can probably keep a few day geckos or some long-tailed lizards and anoles. They can be hand fed and made to be very tame. I also like crested geckos but im not sure if they are kept well in pairs. All the lizards I mentioned need at least 80% humidity, a tall tank and lots of foliage. Cresteds and day geckos eat fruit and some insects where as anoles and long tails are carnivores.

If you can find them, tropicle girdled lizards are incredibly intelligent and also fit the bill but while they can be tamed they have a mean bite.
They aren't mine. I wish! I snap pictures at a local pet store

Cichlids certainly work with hyper aggressive tanks because they're smart motherfuckers. They love broken pots and sword plants too, but they'll always rearrange shit so make sure to seal down any heavy rocks

Two months is pretty normal from what I've heard. Start with live rock and a sprinkle of food (maybe ammonia? Not sure if this works as well for saltwater) and one month later add plants. Another month of cycling after that and it should be ready for small inverts. Stop being such a contrarian dick

/ = or
onyl one species but like 3 or 4 of them.

girdled lizard is to much of a `tankĀ“ imo but i like the shape.

Day geckos, anoles or long tailed lizards then. You can keep tropical girdled lizards in like a 40 gallon for like 3-5, but longtails would probably do in the tank size you mentioned

My potato and Jojo.

>I want to watch them eat together
You mean you want to watch him fuck his harem

Dumping

Which is potato?

thx user. i think ill go for day geckos then.

The brown one.

He does look like a potato.

my old tank. gave them away to a pond keeper because i couldnt afford proper upkeep.

u got any salt water tanks op?

Potato is a fat fat female

I just want him to go forth and be fruitful, user. If I get to witness a kinky lizard orgy that's just icing on the cake

I love
I need a dog. I have to live vicariously through my parents' dog.
No saltwater. Not yet. I do have a brackish tank though. Cute mollies.
A good choice. I'd look into how many you can keep in the tank you're getting though.

>No saltwater. Not yet. I do have a brackish tank though. Cute mollies.

what exactly is brackish?

got any pics?

and thanks, those mollies had several babies. started with 5 fish total, ending up giving away about 10

It means it has half marine salinity. The dragon gobies in the threadbare 55g is the brackish tank. This is the smaller dude, gyarados

Also i know the struggle with mollies. I ended up giving so many to my local fish store that they started having to refuse me.

i was excited for a bit when i learned i could sell babies for 1 -2 bucks to local shops.

didnt pan out that way though.

thats interesting. where is brackish water naturally located in the world? looks like swamp water maybe?

Coastal rivers, like the banana river on the east coast of florida. Anywhere where the ocean meets freshwater rivers flowing outwards. Lots of snakefish, shrimps and archerfish live there. Sadly many natural brackish water ways are being polluted by runoff from yards and agriculture

Who is she?

that sucks. but oh well. the worlds gonna change either way.

Heh. Thats true. Personally I hope humanity travels to other planets so the earth can bounce back a little (assuming the mass migration off the planet reduces the population drastically)

i dont think the transition would be so quick.
it would call into question the faith of the entire world. many structures would collapse. communities would protest. there would be tons of unrest.

im afraid a good portion of the planet would not want to leave, or even care for it at all.

Let's hope something happens that makes them want to leave, then. Nature will eventually reclaim the earth, if it isn't completely obliterated or stripped of it's atmosphere first

only time will tell user. good luck to you. gotta go.

The tank finished it's nitrogen cycle a month and half in. 10 gallon tank, 15lb live rock and 25lb live sand. I just waited the extra 2 weeks to make it a full 2 months. I measured the water perimeters every other day. It's pretty simple. Shrimp bro is healthy AF! Have him for 3 weeks now. He just gone done molting yday.

my idiot birdo