Ok Sup Forums I turn 21 soon, and I want to start dabbling in beers, but I don't know whats good and whats bad

Ok Sup Forums I turn 21 soon, and I want to start dabbling in beers, but I don't know whats good and whats bad.

Post your favorite beer here

Bud Light

Lol casual

OP asked about beer, not water

Sapporo, cans only.
Asahi, again cans only.
Stella Artois, bottles or tap only.
Local brewery specials.

>Local brewery specials.
I live in Minnesota, I know theres a big craft brew scene here.

Any Minnesotafags know good local stuff I should look into?

Asahi is the worst beer ever made.

>falling for shit bait this quickly
autists

All beers taste the same. All taste shit. Don't piss your money away on beer like a chump. Buy good spirits and don't be an ignorant elitist about the shit you drink.

>good spirits
You clearly know enough about this to act like an elitist over beer drinkers, so lets hear about the hard liquors that you think are so great

Karkov vodka

>All beers taste the same. All taste shit.
>don't be an ignorant elitist about the shit you drink

They're all shit

>good spirits
>karkov vodka
>distilled in minnesota and cheap as dirt.

yeah okay

Just try stuff until you find what you enjoy. Life is an experience.

But you'll find that most drinks taste better when locally made.

Except the harder liquor. Always buy hard drinks from their country of origin.

St. Bernardus ABT 12 on draft
Innis & Gunn on draft
Bottles:
New Belgium 1554
Breckinridge Espresso Stout &Vanilla Porter
Alaskan Amber Ale
Cheaper Bottles:
Fat Tire
Sweetwater 420
Garbage Tier but tolerable bottles:
Yuengling
Corona
Modelo
Heineken
Red Stripe
Found Two Bucks in Change Tier:
Colt 45
Mickeys Ice
PBR
Only if it's Free Tier:
Bud
Bud Light
Any Cider
Not Even if it's Free Tier:
Colors Light
Busch or Busch Light
Milwaukees Best
Michelson Ultra
Miller Lite

I used to think bud lite was piss water, but now I love it. Goes down like water, but with a delicious beer flavor.

Beer is very much an acquired taste, for experienced beer drinkers to tell you their favorites would be pointless as you haven't developed your palate to appreciate them.

Try a bunch of different craft brews and see what you like, then expand from there.

Why can't you fags drink even beer untill you're 21? How does your state justify this?

anything from treehouse

you're 21 and haven't already been drinking for years?
What the fuck are you - Canadian?

Go to a dispensary and get 3 beers that are relatively inexpensive of different styles.
Maybe ask the folks there.

I recommend this.
Don't start a habit of getting a 6 pack a week like I did.
Make it like 4 at max, unless you're hanging with friends.
I'm saying this because the alcohol levels of beer vary.
It's common for a lot of really good beers to be like 10-12%. Try not to become an alcoholic.

Corona

let's make a recommendation for a beginner. for someone who hasn't drank beer before, this list is just gonna confuse them. I'd recommend starting off with any mildly priced hefeweizen, as that's the most standard and easily drinkable beer.

Try. Stone ipa thay was my. Shit back in the day wen I was not dring piss

Duvel. A little hard to get depending on your location.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Hoegarden - Blue Moon is the US version.

>Stella Artois

aka Belgian Budweiser.

Asahi is literally a shitty malt liquor, how can you come off so condescending and so plebeian at the same time

Last time I was recommended a beer it was leif, but fuck beer, skip beer, smoke weed or drink whiskey, or baileys or kahluah and milk, it's way better.

Wheat beers are very good starting points. The style is very approachable. The most well know "craft" wheat is Blue Moon. It is basically the gateway craft beer. I say "craft" because it is made my Coors. If you want a more authentic craft experience, try Allagash White.

If you want to try multiple styles, head over to your local liquor store that has a decent selection, and ask somebody working there to point you in the right direction. Most liquor stores have ratings next to the more popular options. Plus, if you don't want to get a 6 pk of a single beer, most places allow you to make your own 6pk. Just make sure to check dates.

Evon beter don't waste your money on drinks get a Jim membership and get buff as fuck and smash tons of puss bro

Even moderate drinking causes brain damage. Pick another hobby

If you're ever in Wisconsin, spotted cow.

Not Minnesota, but if you ever come down to South Dakota, we've got Hydra which is pretty good

Which Jim? Belushi? Carter? Carrey?

See I just can't do hefeweizens at all...they taste like they're only half fermented. but if you want to go that route I guess Leffe or Hoegaarden would work.
As for the list, it's just my personal preference list after 20 years of drinking, I left a bunch off.
Tell you what, we can meet in the middle here:
OP, go get some Blue Moon on draft. It was one of the first beers I really enjoyed.

I love IPAs, but they are an acquired taste. Same with stouts. Pretty much anyone likes ciders, but theyre too sweet to have more than a few at a time. For pounding massive amounts of shitty beer at a party or concert, PBR.

yup. blue moon is really good.
im stuck making my way though some sam adams boston lager that i picked up while buzzed. you?

or..

or.....

Lagunitas IPA
Dust Bowl Therapist
Any imperial ipa
And dos equis xx

Sam is a good beer to have with dinner.

...or

You won't find any cheap fancy beer.
Heineken is acceptable, for it's price, i guess. Maybe Samuel Adams. I'm more familiar with Brazilian brands, like Baden Baden.
Really good beer isn't produced on a large scale.

TL;DR: avoid pilsen, stick with lager and ale. don't overthink too much, you might not even like beer, some people are gay like that.

>you can go to war by 17
>you can't have a cool one up until 21
'Muricans will actually defend this.

Sadly nothing right now. Maybe a couple Yuenglings or PBRs later, someone left almost a 12 of each at my house last week.
Not a fan of the Sam Adams personally, just not much to it as a beer and I don't care for the finish, just tastes like the steel fermenter a bit. I will get a six of their Octoberfest every year though, not amazing, but a good change.
My region is really big on IPAs so there's always a selection of that floating around, but I usually only go for those if I'm trying to get a head start on getting fucked up.
Sours are getting big here too, and I really don't have the stomach for them.
What's your go-to beers usually?

>Really good beer isn't produced on a large scale.
Good point. Buying local/regional brews is likely to get best results, OP. If you're lucky, you live in New England.

this is a very informed post

my go to is almost always blue moon Belgium white, or some wildflower wheat from my local brewery. I like light beer in the summer, but winter, definitely a fan of reds

If you want a good Oktoberfest beer, look for Spaten's ur-märzen

Hey OP, Guy with the long ass list here-
Forgot to mention, if you can find Liquid Bliss by Terrapin Brewing, that would be a great starter for porters and stouts for you too.

Haven't found any reds I like really, but would be happy for some recommendations. You should try Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat, sounds like youd enjoy that. Float it with a Lambec, if you want to truly drink like a proper lady.

Will do, thanks. Heard of and seen Spaten but have never tried it. Will keep an eye out for it in a few months (seasonal, I assume?)

One does not simply dabble with beers.

Drink wodka. Beer is for homosexuals.

Most of the terminology these days is pure bullshit. Just start drinking to see what you like and what you don't. (Protip1: color can be very misleading.) (Protip2: Avoid anything that has been pasteurized.)

Drink whisky, vodka is for children

Wladimir is correkt. Except that wodka is also for homosexuals like Vlad and Donny. Real men drink whatever they like.

wodca is for shit ruskies. gtfo snow nigger

Keep walking, Johnny.

You call Johnny Walkers whiskey? What are you child?

To be honest I only like Cristal or Dom Pérignon, because Wladimir likes easy russian gold digging pussy.

PS Ace of Spades is for blacks.

Guinness on draught.

>ctrl+f "guinness"
>no results
C'mon fags, Guinness is delicious. Don't deny it.

Control-Alt-Delete
>NO wodka
>System error
>cyka bylat

That's scotch, dipshit. And it's not even good scotch. Start your own thread.

guinness was my favorite when i used to drink

i also liked köstritzer, sierra nevada, blah blah blah... dark beers and ipa

i used to drink at least a six pack a day when not drinking hard shit like bourbon and whiskey

now i don't drink at all

fun fact guinness is probably the healthiest beer you can drink, reason why it's called liquid lunch

Stfu scotch whiskey same thing fuck off.

Healthiest thing you can drink is gin.

>buy beer
>drink beer
>is it good?
>if yes buy more
>if no buy different beer
Develop your own taste and don't let anyone tell you that the beer you like is bad. Unless you drink PBR, then the beer you like is bad.

Personally, I love porters/stouts, but that's because I have an irrational hatred of IPAs.
Just try things, OP, cross off what you like, make a list of what you do, look for similarites in what you do like, and go from there.

Checked and everyone is crazy over Surly around here.

gin is not beer

more like..
>Drink wodka
> Dont like wodka? Drink more wodka!
> Repeat till you like wodka or are too drunk to tell the difference between alcohol and water.

Single Malts ftw.

These are wonderful posts

64 Trinitas for ftw!

Lagers and ales are ALL beers...

I will take PBR over nearly any Bud, Coors, Millwaukee, Natty, etc.

Forget brands, when first starting you should try different types/styles of beer.

Ales: Pale Ale, IPA, Red Ale, Brown Ale
Lagers: Pale Lager, Dunkel, Pilsner,
Wheat beer: Belgian, German styles
Porter
Lots of other regional and microbrew varieties

Most US popular beers (Bud, Coors, Corona, Heineken, etc.) are pale lagers.

Personally I'm not a fan of hops so I like brown and red ales as well as porters.

YMMV

Cristal and Armand de Brignac (Ace of Spades) are complete bullshit brands. Veuve Clicquot and Perrier Jouet are the only champagnes on there that are worth the price.

Good and bad depend on your personal taste (obv some beers are higher quality than others, but that's difficult to gauge - generally the mega-high production brands aren't great, but I've had plenty of shit crafts, too). It's also difficult to recommend anything without knowing where you're from.
Geelong, Australia here. Good imported beer is very expensive here, so Australian-made is the way to go. Pic related is brewed in my city, and of all the beer I've had from around the world (incl. USA, Belgium, Germany, Czech, UK) is still my favourite.
I won't argue that it's "good" because too many people have too many different qualifiers, but it's perfectly balanced for my tastes.

I'd suggest looking for breweries local to you first. You can usually guarantee that the beer is fresh and of decent quality, and brewers are almost always excited to show you what they've got to offer and help you find your personal preference.

It's still shit, your tastes are still shit, and this is still a beer thread. You're also the 2nd or 3rd unoriginal faggot to come in this thread with "Beer is for pussies, drink _____ instead"

Yeah you sir are a dumbass try them then comeback to me. So krug isnt worth nor is Bollinger in comparison the veuve? Cristal has be named one of the most "technical" champagnes to ever be created. Fuck off.

A Pilsen/pilsner is a type of Lager.

My taste, you're drinking fucking beer.

Unless you live I a real shit hole, your town will have a craft beer scene. Use that power wisely.

As if you know anything about champagne?

It's shit scotch. Even the blue is unimpressive at best. Fuck I'd rather chug Monkey Shoulder. I drink everything , but its still a fucking beer thread, you illiterate mouth breather.

I prefer hoppy beers but my wife prefers stuff on the malty side like reds. I can drink and enjoy just about of them except for Pale Lagers.

BTW, anybody tried Samuel Adams Utopias? I'm getting real close to pulling the trigger and getting a couple.

What this guy said. We can't help you pick brands because we don't know what's available to you.
Also red and brown ales are ace.

Just picked up some shapes of hops to come by Neshaminy Creek brewery looking forward to it

I've been drinking Champagne since the age of 9. I've been to the house's of A. Soutiran, Taittinger, Thiénot and more, learned and comprehended the craft. Don't try and school me.

When it gets released again you need to try Samuel Adam's rebel Raw. It's amazing. 45 day shelf life

If I want champagne I'll drink a good Lambic ale.

Im not the one brining up shit scotch lmfao.