Who is the most tragic musician?

Who is the most tragic musician?

>inb4 Daniel Johnston

jackson c frank

That's not Ian, but the actor who portrayed him in a movie

Solange Knowles

Nick Drake never got recognized for his music while he was still alive. He was also super autistic, apparently.

me

I was gonna post this.
Layne literally died of suicide in slow motion.

Him or Chet Baker
They struggled with addiction for years

there was a garage revival band that was on the cusp of stardom around the time the strokes and white stripes were big, their singles were doing well and their soon to come album was getting a lot of hype

they all died on a bus crash iirc, can't remember the name

Jackson c. Frank

The Exploding Hearts. And the guitarist and their manager survived the crash.

brian wilson

nick drake

this

Buddy Holly

Badfinger

This is the right answer. Even guys like Nick Drake eventually got their recognition. Frank just had a miserable life and is not really remembered today as he should, even though he was mad influential to artists like Paul Simon.

This so much,he was so fucking talented and still gets almost no recognition.

A famous musician who died tragically or a great musician who never became famous and died in obscurity and was only recognized after his death?

There are plenty of examples of the former, but I would like examples of the latter.

Clarence Carter.

me.

Ben Riley, obviously.

Julius Eastman wants his thread back.

antiwarhol wants his opinion back

literally who?

Ian Curtis, Hank Williams, Tupac, Johnny Cash, Mozart no one on here thinks of, so I'm gonna go with Mozart for my #1 pick.

oh jesus one word and this comment says so much

dubs.

quads

I feel like he's gonna get a Nick Drake-esque surge in popularity that will only make his story that much more tragic.

KWADS