Why is shoegaze so shit? I've been listening to it for 3 years, there are like 2 or 3 good shoegaze albums

Why is shoegaze so shit? I've been listening to it for 3 years, there are like 2 or 3 good shoegaze albums.
It makes me giggle when I see shoegaze fans. It makes me laugh when I see shoegaze fans making fun of other people for saying that Loveless is their favourite shoegaze album.
This album is basically the only shoegaze album that matters. Despite the fact it's very influential and there are many ripoffs of this album, it's still unique because none of those shoegaze kids were as good at production as Kevin Shields. The rest of shoegaze is either poor dream pop or poor noise rock.
>inb4 le comfy
Listening to music for comfyness is the definition of pleb.

shoegaze is the worst "genre" of rock

souvlaki is pretty well made though
>Listening to music for comfyness is the definition of pleb.
this would be true if coziness was particularly easy to emulate in music. it's a very specific sensation.

otherwise, you're right, kevin shields was pretty much the phil spector of shoegaze production (they both coincidentally utilize(d) "walls of sound" too) and i can't think of anyone that even remotely comes close to his talent and ambition in the genre, especially on loveless.

i think i've said this before but i think it's very sad that loveless stands alone on the shoegaze mountain. the genre has so much obvious potential and yet producers/songwriters are lazy and directionless faggots who clearly just want to get stoned, fuck about with distortion pedals and jerk off to MBV, and it's such an insult to how much blood sweat and tears shields put into loveless.

Damn. Well said

>only one that matters
but what about mbv?

>this would be true if coziness was particularly easy to emulate in music
it is easy to make comfy music though
it's harder to make a certain image around you and your work to make it feel comfy
coziness is not really about music, it's about personal perception, which is affected by several factors

Fuck yeah. I dont see how all these dream pop shoegaze bands can actually like the whiny, faggy music they produce.

I wish there were more shoegaze bands that had the same energy in their songs as My Bloody Valentine had in Only Shallow, When You Sleep, You Made Me Realise, etc. Those are what shoegaze should be, a blend of rock music and dream pop/noise. It feels like a lot of people just listen to tracks like Sometimes and try to create songs like that, perfectly happy with how lacking in energy the music they produce is.

I like the bands that mix shoegaze with other genres like The Horrors, Yo La Tengo and A place to bury strangers

I actually agree. So much shoegaze is bland rehashed sounds. There are some great types of gaze music that really do a great job of pushing the sound, such as velocity design comfort and blonde. There really are tons of shoegaze and dreampop similarities in Frank Oceans Blonde and VDC really created as unique of a shoegaze sound as Loveless. Also there's been 3 shoegaze albums I've heard this year that I thought did a great job of creating new and interesting sound were the new Eye Candy, Jefre-Cantu Ledesma, and Tangible Rays albums.

>2 or 3 good shoegaze albums

But MBV's discography alone is 3 albums and a bunch of EPs. Check out slowdive, faggot.

That's not even MBVs best album.

Consider cutting your wrists subhumam

>shoegaze fan calls other people subhuman

>That's not even MBVs best album.
>posting EP
>posting the wrong EP

>tfw youll never listen to loveless again
>tfw mbv is the only truly great shoegaze band
slowdive is more dreampop

it's rarely good but when it's good it's really fucking good

Slowdive is shit and their best album is not even remotely shoegaze

>Also there's been 3 shoegaze albums I've heard this year that I thought did a great job of creating new and interesting sound were the new Eye Candy, Jefre-Cantu Ledesma, and Tangible Rays albums
>new and interesting
why do shoegaze fans remind me of trap rap fans so much

slowdive arent BAD

but MBV is another league i wont disagree

RIde is so shitty, i cant even stand to believe that people put them among the likes of mbv

I'd say Loveless is technically their best album, You Made Me Realise is definitely my favorite.

im not even a shoegaze fan. most of it is shit. these are 3 albums ive heard while searching for music this year where i found them actually interesting.

I agree. Loveless is more complex and fleshed out but the high energy of most of the earlier MBV tracks is more interesting to me.

can you explain what's interesting about those 3 albums?

eye candy had the modern day shoegaze sound with really interesting background tracks that reminded me of fishmans. jefre ledesma had a pretty good ambient dreampop/shoegaze sound to it almost some vaporwave similarities. i wasnt as big of a fan of tangible rays but it had a pretty cool harsh sound and vocals to it.

how any of this stuff is interesting in the current year?
is 2017 the year when you got into music?

>look at me i'm trying to look patrician
kill yourself moron

>>look at me i'm trying to look patrician
I wasnt even trying actually
>kill yourself moron
lol
- case in point

don't compare kevin shields to phil spector
kevin's so much better

you haven't listened to any of those albums nor have you showed any examples of the types of shoegaze I mentioned. there is nothing backing up any sort of substance in your posts. you are just relenting to cringy meme arguments in attempt to make yourself look patrician. just saying "lol" and "case in point" aren't arguments fuck head.

Is shoegaze the only genre where your opinion on it is deemed more respectable the more you dislike it? That's pretty fucked. Also, why hasn't Lovesliescrushing been mentioned as one of the superior groups? Do you people stop at the big 3 which are just the most successful/popular?

>you haven't listened to any of those albums
I have, all of them are shit
>nor have you showed any examples of the types of shoegaze I mentioned
the fact that you think that any of those types of shoegaze you mentioned could be possibly interesting in 2017 proves that you're literally retarded
I'm not going to waste my time with you any further to check some old shit from my shoegaze catalogue, just keep believing that you discovered some unique shit as I'm not going to spoonfeed you by proving you wrong with some actual examples

>why hasn't Lovesliescrushing been mentioned as one of the superior groups?
because it's not

>Is shoegaze the only genre where your opinion on it is deemed more respectable the more you dislike it?
trap rap

>lol im not even trying to be patrician
>theyre all shit
>look at me and my superior taste
>you don't even deserve my time
fuck off moron