Is Punk Safe Anymore??

altpress.com/news/entry/the_dickies_warped_tour_controversy

I hate tumblr so much it makes people so boring, petty, and super lame.

If you wanna join a REAL dangerous lefty subculture these days, you gotta try to deliberately infect yourself with HIV. Are you m*n enough????

Punk is a genre now, which inherently makes it safe. It used to be on the edge of what was considered "real rock", now we've long past the point where generic pop musicians copied beats from it.

You don't do punk to break boundaries anymoee, you do it because you like the aesthetic of punk. Meme as it may be, Death Grips is the closest to a "punk" in the modern day, both commercially successful while still circling the boundaries of electronic music.

huh, didn't know the dickies still performed. i'd like to see them someday.

Dickwad fuckface haha you gay

I'm all for social justice, but I watched the video and don't understand why people are upset. Have they never been to a punk show? This is why I didn't go to warped tour even though I was free offered tickets. Everyone is a whiney faggot.

sad that this is the best post ITT

why censor free speech though? and why watch a band called the dickies, expecting them to be anything but obnoxious dicks? it just doesn't make sense to me

I associate the musical boundary pushing DG do more with prog than punk. Their attitude draws from punk, but the approach to innovation is more sophisticated like prog is. Presenting "unsophisticated" emotions in a sophisticated way is a cool aesthetic that seems at least less than a century old in it's broadest terms.
What did they say? The video wouldn't load for me.
I'm sure some libertarian will come in and tell you that anything is permissible as long as you're a private entity since morality only applies to the state or whatever. These are the type of people who will defend free speech unless it's speech that actually has any emotional power opposed to their values though.
I thought my bugchasing post was pretty high quality. Any suggestions for how I can improve? I'm always looking for constructive critcism.

Warped tour is a shitshow anyways, but the new trend of toxic crybabies trying to turn music scenes into sterile hugboxes is shitty
I agree

labelling dg as punk or industrial hip hop or experimental pop etc is missing the point entirely. its supposed to be music without boundaries like style or marketability

"I wanna be a rebel but i dont want to get into trouble"

Yeah that was pretty much homophobic and they got what's coming

Fuck these old men

fuck off faggot

The lgbt community deserve to have safety wherever they go

They do not deserve to get shouted "BLOW ME, BLOW ME" by some homophobic old fuck

i keep getting this band confused with the gay punk band who hate cops

>Have they never been to a punk show?
this is a corporate punk show

i didn't realize the LGBT were a big group of sensitive children.

1. The Dickies do this to make money

so not punk.

2. Publications report this to make money

So not punk.

So no, none of this shit is punk and none of it matters.

>bunch of whiny people in their special little club
>not sensitive children

fuck off and kill yourself with your homeless crust punk bullshit

Imagine if Henry Rollins and Black Flag were in their prime today and playing at Warped.

STOP YRLLING AT ME I JUST WANT TO TAKE A SELFIE YOU JERK

I'm a part of the so-called "alt-right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.

Who cares faggot none of you even go out youre just rich kids in the north with helicopter moms

>youre just rich kids in the north with helicopter moms
same as the kids in warped tour, a lot of kids have too much time on their hands and more information than they can process

the dicks are GOAT unlike these fags

Punk had its day in the 70s-80s, it's not relevant anymore.

Yeah it was based around a specific political message/youth angst in that era that isn't relevant anymore. Besides, if you had a young musician of today say some of the things that Henry Rollins or Thurston Moore said in interviews back then, they'd probably get punched in the face.

Henry Rollins got punched in the face every show.

Holy fuck people are such pussies nowadays. They kicked them off the tour for this? That's fucking bullshit.