Is it bad that I never grew out of my Metal phase? Also...

Is it bad that I never grew out of my Metal phase? Also, that I've pretty much only listened to Metal and Punk Rock my entire life?

>inb4 metal has been a dead horse since 2005

metal has been a dead horse since 2005

Metal isn't dead but it's not a genre that is being discussed online with a lot of kindness. It's just better to hang with people from the scene who aren't memesters if you want to feel accepted for still being excited about metal.

I unironically believe that metal and punk rock are better than Jazz, Blues and Art music in general.

Pretty much the only other people I've seen that discuss metal are teenage girls that are following the trend of "having an uncommon taste in music" or middle aged fathers. It sucks.

No, metal is pretty dope. Kind of strange when Testament puts out the best album of 2016. Slipknot peaked with the first album desu.

Honestly I think alot of people have been confused about what direction the genre should go after pantera. People dickride Ghost pretty hard because they are doing something innovative, accessible, and fresh. Metal needs more innovation, the same thrash riffs don't cut it anymore.

Look, the problem with Metal isn't Metal itself, it's a genre like any other.

The problem with Metal is that some of it's fans are the most legitimately braindead mouthbreating fucking retards you'll ever meet.
There's a reason why music threads on Sup Forums are Metal threads 90% of the time, and they're filled with complete shitheads.
If only there was a way to allow Metal to do it's own thing, but purge most metalheads off the face of the planet and start fresh, build a better audience from the ground up.

literally every genre ever has these people. I hage when people say this

>ghost
>innovative
>fresh
ok bud

Look, the problem with Hip-Hop isn't Hip-Hop itself, it's a genre like any other.

The problem with Hip-Hop is that some of it's fans are the most legitimately braindead mouthbreating fucking retards you'll ever meet.
There's a reason why music threads on Sup Forums are Hip-Hop threads 90% of the time, and they're filled with complete shitheads.
If only there was a way to allow Hip-Hop to do it's own thing, but purge most Hip-Hop heads off the face of the planet and start fresh, build a better audience from the ground up.

It's not bad, but don't be stuck in only one scene. Metal helped me get my foot in other genres too, and I can only hope it did the same for you too.
Pretty much this.

They're a pretty okay band, but they're only refreshing old ideas that worked in the 70s.
Still admirable tho, it's not a bad thing really, there are legit shit acts who try to do that and fail miserably.

Metalheads are the worst fans of music and therefore prove it by just copying each other while having no commercial success at the same time. Also its pseudo masculinity attracts the worst kind of people on top of that. There are very few bands that have tried to expand metal as a genre but were ridiculed when they did. Metal is a genre that will and has only been truly appreciated by demo junkies and music listeners who appreciate all genres of music.

No it's not bad. Metal is a fine genre but it seems like everytime someone tries something new they get shit on. In the recent years though it went full djent and I'm just waiting for this phase to be over becaise djent has 2-3 good albums. I think Ghost got popular because they took the late 70's/early 80's stuff and added some kind of fresh element to it and don't just make a songs with thrash riffs that everyone seems to be doing these days. Also there is no reason to listen to punk when post-punk exists

if your idea of metal is slipknot then yes

>Metal is a fine genre but it seems like everytime someone tries something new they get shit on
metal needs the elitism to survive
and they don't even get shit on that bad, it's mostly tough love
this also

Haha m8 you know the truth that metal elitism is actually metal's medicine, not cancer.

So you dont have an actual opinion but base your likes and dislikes on the opinions of the general pleb public. Great

why the fuck do so many people on this board think that metal fans only listen to nu metal and entry-level bands

The fact that you don't understand why you're hated and your first reaction is ALWAYS to spout "nu metal" and "nu male" should trigger some sort of self awareness in you.
But it won't.
Because you're just that fucking dumb.

Not listening to metal doesn't help in knowing the genre