White people at fault

How highways wrecked American cities.
youtube.com/watch?v=odF4GSX1y3c

just go to 2:20 to hear the words

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_Route_41.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Railway
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm not gonna watch this when I know that leftist policies ruined every city that has been ruined, like Detroit and Chicago.

Cars and highways really are shit for cities though. Cities need better public transportation systems.

>blame Whitey for everything: the video

oh Swedecuck, never change

>the left is now shitting on highways
Literally gave america growth through the trucking industry for over 50 years.

>We destroyed our infrastructure to accommodate blacks.

>We loose hundreds of billions of dollars a year commuting to avoid feral Negroes.

God, blacks are such parasites.

I can't even keep watching the video, this guys voice pisses me off. Why do all the liberal college student know it all dumbasses all sound the same?

I love our highways, and I love driving myself to work every day. Fuck public transportation, I'm not getting on a train or bus like a sardine packed asian or eurocuck.

We need more roads and more cars

I live in NJ, the most densely populated state and I live near a # of major highways. I like it a lot, its very convenient.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_Route_41.

I dont get whats wrong about it except poor people 60 years ago were forced to move and poor people dont have cars to drive?

>We need more BUMPER TO BUMPER TRAFFIC AND MORE GIBS FOR OPEC

ftfy

Leftie fucks aside

There is actually a good argument for how highways ruin cities. It's not sustainable for everyone to drive in even a country like America with 300 million + people.

Niggers and wetbacks are shit for cities. Public transportation becoming shit is just a symptom, not the cause. If you've ever had to take the bus or subway in a """"diverse"""" city then you would understand why driving verywhere is the only acceptable option.

>bumper to bumper traffic

I can drive 40 miles without seeing a car. I can drive 120 miles to the south of PA on I-81 and not once will I see more than 5-6 cars at a time.

The US is the largest producer of oil in the world (atleast it was before the price drop), so your argument is irrelevant.

It doesnt matter if the cities are packed with content.
You can go anywhere. In states like NJ traffic sucks and we don't get to go far easily, except we really do go far when you consider how much you are passing.
Jobs are Everywhere,. Its not like texas where you need to go 100 miles an hour just to get to the next town over.

>demonstrates the effect of highways demolishing neighbourhoods
>old area had a high population density and crime rate
>now it has a very low population density no no crime...

The true effect highways had on major cities was to spread the people out over a larger area, as was mentioned in the video, only they said "white people" not everyone.

High population density and urban squalor, which was present there, is a terrible thing and should be avoided by the planners if at all possible.

>I can drive just fine in rural areas

Yes, because like you no one ever drives in or around major cities, which is what the documentary is about.

And a lot of oil companies in America are getting their shit pushed in by OPEC's oil glut.

Blacks don't live in low density areas outside of the black-belt in the south.

Highways didn't kill America

Suburban urban planning made communities that people don't like living in

Namely lack of connectivivity through the town

Source : architecture/urban planning major

Spent 4 years writing how biased our urban planning classes were to European style development without any regard for the history and culture of America

Basically the entire architecture community is being taught that everything should be done like Europe and that everything done in America is terrible

>even though these designs came mostly from euros and brought us Gibbs like housing projects

Tl;dr don't listen to design people they have good insights but terrible conclusions and even worse solutions

It still spread them out over a wider area though, things were improved as a result of the highway.

Scranton, a metropolitan area of 700,000 people, is right along that I-81 area that I drive all the time. If I drive along the metropolitan area, I have never seen a traffic jam or more than a few cars in my life.

I grew up in NJ and NYC, and even then, traffic wasn't that bad.

Sequel: How mudshits wrecked Swedish cities

Why should people drive if they live in a major city and can walk or take public transportation? the highways are good for commuters to go in or out.

No, the movement to the suburbs basically liquidated the value of a huge amount of infrastructure and forces americans to own cars. My car ownership is basically a cost I have to bear to avoid dindus.

That's also just a tiny bit of the effects of desegregation.

In my experience if the town stays small like under 3 miles it succeeds very well.
Philly and camden: 140 and 10 square miles respectively, they are too big to maintain.

Some people have to work during hours where public transportation isn't available. In some cities (ie. LA) public transport is quite useless in many areas and it really is thanks to oil companies and car manufacturers conspiring with one another.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Railway

Then they arent employable for those work hours.
Too bad. I work early in the AM and I love driving through no traffic.

redneck detected.
when did you get the internet? or electricity?

what the fuck are you talking about? Did you only drive around at 2am?

Seattleite here. Traffic is horrible but its not the 'highways' fault, it's a simple lack of planning. Their too small and the at grade design in cities is becoming obsolete. Should be a minimum of 8 lanes wide, and two levels that are at least 20 feet odd the deck. All exiting traffic should have lanes long enough that at any capacity, a traffic light won't fuck up highway traffic.

So I can be told how rude Manspreading is? Fuck that shit.

Private property, ftw.

Highways are bad because they allow people to escape the prisons, I mean cities.

Beats living next to Trayvon

I'm 20 miles outside of Scranton. I'm a hillbilly.

Where? If Scranton, then no, I drive around at any time of any day. There's rarely anybody on 6. Business 6 is usually packed, but not horrible, though.

If you mean NJ and NYC, I've driven around Hudson County, and traffic is kind of bad in Jersey City, but nothing too horrible. The Staten Island parkway was always packed too, but if you go at the right time you can be fine. I've been to Manhattan 5 times in my life and the traffic was no where near as bad as people say it is.

>diverse and vibrant downtown neighbourhoods removed

oh no!

As much as NJ is kinda mediocre I will say they do roads right. As soon as I get through god awful NY (my state) its smooth sailing in NJ.

I dont get why NJ can build 6 lanes in one direction with seperated lanes for trucks and then in NY on thr NYS thru way going up to Albany, its 2 lanes like a parkway and there is always some tractor trailer in the left lane blocking everything because the right lane is too congested even to get over.

Public transport in USA became shit because a few large corporations wanted it to be shit. So they could make more money from selling cars.

>So I can be told how rude Manspreading is?

The real world isn't fucking tumblr believe it or not.

This desu.

NJ knows where the populated areas are and makes huge highways for them, which is awesome. Even up here in PA in low traffic areas, we have 3-4 lanes. I love driving on I-80 though, its a good adrenaline rush because you never know when you're gonna die

>is da white people
>Joseph Stromberg
You can't make this shit up

see

Eisenhower would fuck you up kid

Oh god these fucking retards bitching about cars. Enjoy your one room apartment and rapebus. Spending 1,5 hour on a commute instead of 30 minutes with acar

They were in many if not most cases *actual* blights. They looked like pockets of Detroit - the properties were worth almost nothing to anyone. If I had properties that were more valuable dozed and replaced with something else than left up, I'd doze them in a heartbeat.

>commute to city for work
>city full of jobless niggers

I honestly wouldnt know much of NYC having never gone once, but I'd take public transportation probably. I live closer to philadelphia. Philly does things right too.

you should be forced to carpool with a van full of ahmeds

Eisenhower got a brief mention at the end of the video and what he wanted was to make travel cross country much more efficient, not have an overwhelming number of cars clog up cities.

but they'll never build mass transit

Swedish Sup Forums meetup picture.

Start rolling everyone.

America isn't Western Europe, or Eastern Asia with their dense populations. We have roughly 1/3 on each coat and the remaining third in flyover land. Highways make sense.

even San Franciso white hipsters have private chartered buses taking them to their code monkey jobs because smelly homeless totally ruin their vibe.

There is something wonderfully ironic about blaming the auto industry for the state of Detroit - when what happened to Detroit, is the auto industry left, and the whites with jobs went with it.

The only thing that sucks in NJ is our circles/roundabouts . Some have been replaced by better roads.

CCUUUUUUCCCKKKKK

Actually, the video is complaining about highways in cities, not between them.

Still stupid though. A lot of those cities are horrifically spread out (esp greater LA). The ones that aren't, have dense public transportation networks and a handful of highways going through them as one would expect (such as San Francisco).

Every single time I've been to Jersey, there's been construction everywhere. I'd get through one construction zone only to hit another 5-10 minutes later. Even Massachusetts isn't that bad.

you're not a real NJ resident unless you've raced PA drivers at 130+mph on I-80

Just some Swedish politicians saying hello

Wow, you White people suck

I'm #BlackLivesMatter now.

Hyper loop is the future

This desu senpai

Every time I go down to 80, I race some NJ asshat that always hogs the left lane going only 90.

Pls go

All of the people talking sound like homosexuals

Fergot pic.

Which came first, the spread out cities or the in-city highways?

I would agree that in present day it would be impractical to get rid of in-city highways because of such cities.

The US is pretty interesting. All the major cities in Europe are old and have a really old core so building roads like this would be impossible unless you want to go full commie and just tear down all the culture.

But in the US almost everything is new so they can just do what ever is most efficient.

>Chicago

Ackshually the original public transit in my city was Privately funded and the government crushed it with the help of the auto industry. So you're only 1/2 right.

Urban life (especially in LA) revolved around the Automobile 20 years before the highways were invented.

LA in the 1930s and 40s had no highway, so it could take the entire day to get from South Central to Hollywood.

They didn't even bother to do 10 minutes of research on the topic.

Just gonna say this Sup Forums, I guarantee the majority of you have never experienced real traffic. Come spend a week commuting in New Jersey and then complain to me.

Hyperloop has been the future since the last time Brown was in office, so no... Though I'm sure we'll keep throwing money at it long after he's dead.

For some cities, cars and highways are the only practical solution. Not every city is a ultra-dense stacked population phenomenon like NY or SF. A lot of cities are setup like G-LA, where you've got 10 million people spread out over a 200 mile radius.

>European style development without any regard for the history and culture of America

Interesting. Any online sources you could point to on what an American design would look like?

Google maps?

>"Black Twitter" images are always so horrendously compressed because they can't even resist stealing a jpeg

>e majority of you have never experienced real traffic

I've been stuck in an airport bus on the 405 for 3 hours.
Fight me, motherfucker.

We wouldn't have had to build all those highways if it wasn't for niggers.

i live in las vegas...fight me

autism, the post.

Years ago I drove from Virginia to Vermont for a vacation, went through NJ and the one thing I noticed was that the roads were better. There seemed to be a lot of tolls though.

Most of those highways were built when the African population was less than 9%, and the Jim-Crow laws were still in full effect.

Sadly, we no longer build things on that scale. I don't really think we know how anymore, from the logistics end of things at least. We barely manage to maintain the legacy our grandfathers left us as it is.

LA has 10x the people of san francisco

He said the 405, so I assume he means LA.

You stand no chance, brah.

Sadly, the efforts at mass transport in LA are actually making things worse. Less than 1% of the population uses the blue line, and each new installation wipes out at least two freeway lanes, slowing down traffic and thus increasing pollution in the process.

Tolls?
Tell me about it, driving through Norway is a fucking nightmare.
You spend more money on tolls than the fucking car you're driving in.
And then you have to pay a fine if you're using studded tires, IN THE FUCKING SNOW

Not going by population concentration. SF is one of the most densely populated cities on the planet, with 3 million people living in a 3 mile radius.

LA has 10 million people living in nearly a 200 mile radius.

That's the difference. Shit's spread all over, so busses and trains can't cut it - they rarely get you anywhere near where you need to be.

This is true.

I agree. Fuck the patriarchy. I can sit at home doing nothing collecting welfare while all the women work, pay taxes and fund my lifestyle.

There's a hidden reason why jews love cities and hate suburbia.
Cities are a population sink, and since they love low birthrates they love it when whites live in cities.
America's large rural and suburban population are a big reason why our birthrates aren't completely shit like europe's.
As long as white people are having kids that's no good for the jew so they want to pack in white people like sardines and then bring in hordes of shitskins.

>Sadly, we no longer build things on that scale.
Have you tried building a giant wall?

It mostly had to do with our individualism and geographic size

Despite what horned rim liberal design pontificaters say

Huge numbers of people come her to live on their own

They don't want to live in Europe, why want their little plot of land and a mule

The suburbs allows that and it's possible because of the car

You gotta realize in the early 1900's. Cities were not like they are now thy were cramped and dirty and fully of from people took the first chance they had to flee and they did

The purpose of the highway system you leftist fucks is to allow military units quick access to anywhere in the nation.

Fuck vox and fuck the fruitbowl narrator that video has.

>, this guys voice pisses me off.

A fucking feminized fruit bowl.

The last big thing we built was the internet... And this is what we have to show for it.

SF has less than a million people living there.

LA county alone has 10 million, and the density in the hub is much greater than the rural areas that are counted in the 200 mile radius. You could add in Orange county for another 3 million for only 30 miles more.

actually they like cities AND suburbs, what they really hate is rural areas.

Suburbs are bad too because they were the cornerstone of consumerist culture which started after WWII, and promoted a false hollywood notion of "american dream" which is really about becoming the perfect career wage-slave.

NE extension on the PA turnpike though? Kill me

Atleast thats the way it was for the last 4 years, thankfully they finally extended that first part of it so its not always blocked up.

see: Levittown, the model suburb designed by Jews

Non-Germans where never supposed to use the Autobahn, since they couldn't handle them properly and would turn it into something that would hurt their users.

Just like normies should have never get access to the Internet or women the right to vote.

*were

Map: Ya can't connect that shit via mass trans.

>GO train to Union Station full of office workers
>mostly poo in loos but still professionally dressed, poo in loos

No complaints here famalam