Why is this happening to clothing retailers and department stores in the proud and free USA...

Why is this happening to clothing retailers and department stores in the proud and free USA? Don't muricans have money anymore? How come sales in all pricing segments are in sharp decline?

zara and h&m are buttfucking them to hell and back.

Hinting of a upcoming reccession.

At the retail store I work at, we've noticed this too. I've heard that its mostly because that people are shopping online now.

because everyone is buying everything online now

American saving trend is growing + rising cost of labour in China + Europoors being europoors

I don't buy this, maybe for somethings like socks or if your rebuying a pair of shoes, but the majority of clothes I like to buy in the store

You can buy online from all of the companies shown in OP image. Not an argument.

This as well

I think we may be trying to learn to save money

There was an article about this in WaPo yesterday. Obammy's propaganda arm is blaming the consumer for fucking up his recovery.

>want to buy plain cotton t-shirt
>it's 30 bucks

I think most people realize gap and AE is expensive crap and don't have money to waste on it anymore

stronger dollar

Where do they shop now instead of gap and AE?

That would result in higher sales because your dollar buys you more.

What's special about that?

I don't buy as much anymore. But I go to AA for some things because at least most of that is made in the US. The last pair of jeans I've bought was 2 years ago.

Because people don't want to pay $30 for a shirt they could get at the thrift store for $3, or $15 for socks they could buy online for $10 without leaving the house?

you're getting it in reverse

What?

Consumer spending down because the econemy isn't doing great and hasn't been since 2008

>Don't muricans have money anymore?

No. Depression incoming.

Also shopping online for cheap shit as others have said. This is the future given current trends in online shopping among millennials.

sales in other countries are translated into more expensive dollars hurting profits in emerging markts

>Walk into Wal-Mart the other day
>Decide to buy some boxers
>$20 +tax for 3 pairs of the shitty brand
>Walk out with nothing

The majority of sales come from USA. Products sold in USA are made in China and other 3rd world countries with slave labor. Put 2 and 2 together. Higher dollar only hurts companies with majority of sales from export markets and have to compete with other foreign companies. This is econ 101.

They're buying MAGA hats instead.