Why aren't there any WW1 movies coming out?!

Seriously it's the second largest war in history and yet no new movies for it, the fuck?!?!?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nOcEX3dYn3s
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleonic_Wars
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>second largest war in history

By what Metric?

Napoleonic wars involved more people, more countries & more theaters

>war
>war's

Because the most kino WW1 film ever made was 30 minutes long and posted for free on youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=nOcEX3dYn3s

Oh don't get pedantic. The Napoleonic wars were all a continuation of the same conflict.

I am almost certain that once a man was pulled from the front to face court martial for any reason he was put in the hands of some other unit not his orginal one. I could be wrong but I don't believe there ever was a case of friends being made to execute each other.

Seeing this in Coward really bothered me because it added pointless drama to a situation which didn't need it. A far superior take on the morality of military execution in WWI is Our World War part 2.

gotta wait for 2018. because that will be 100 years when America joined and that is the only time the war even mattered.

theres no clear good guys and bad guys, just squabbling politicians, so the american brainwashing industry doesnt know quite what to do with it

america literally only joined WW1 to make sure we would be getting our money back for all the loans we made to the allies

I remember seeing a WW1 sniper movie years ago as a kid. Probably a made for tv flick for PBS, was bretty gud.

Deathwatch is a decent horror cheese movie if you're into that.

If you argue like that World War 2 was part of World War 1

>theres no clear good guys and bad guys
Are there ever ?

Napeonic wars? More people?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleonic_Wars

Only a few million men were mobilized.
Plus most of the countries were broken up states/major countries before unification that participated in the NWs, so "more countries" doesn't really count

This and no Jews. Really, about 80% of ww2 movies after the 60s were about the plight of the joos

yeah sure that war he fought in Italy was totally the same as the one in Spain and Russia.

I wont mention Egypt.

Because its overshadowed by WW2 and 'muh holocaust'.

one or two now and again.

From Russia with love.

The jews can't milk it and it would draw unwanted attention to the fact that the jews started both world wars against Germany for the sole purpose of weakening the white race

"Should Germany merchandise again in the next 50 years we have led this war (WW1) in vain." - Winston Churchill in Times (1919)

bad goy, 60 million jews died

because it's a war without heroes
you can only make depressing all quiet on the western fronts so many times

Came to post this.

Who could ever forget the 600 million.

It had 100s of Heroes. The problem is the Hollywood/History Jews downplay it and direct your attention to WWII.

The war was too dark and complicated for casuals to be interested. Not enough meme characters. WW1 was the DC of wars, while WW2 was the Marvel war.

Wonder Woman will be a WW1 movie. That said, it's such a bleak war that it's hard to make movies about it.

What wars would you consider cheerful?
Idiot.

Same reason there aren't a lot of movies about the Korean War.

It's just not in the national consciousness.

>arguably the most important event in recent world history
>americans are completely unaware of it
Doesn't surprise me.

I doubt they could ever make something better than All Quiet on the Western Front, unless you want a movie that isn't set on the western front.

Ones that didn't involve completely befuddled armies that couldn't figure what to do with such significant advances in infantry firepower with no accompanying advances in infantry mobility, leading them to literally dig holes in the ground and wade around in tunnels and trenches like rats hoping not to killed or poisoned.

Pretty much every war in human history has some way to view through rose-tinted glasses, making them suitable for movie-making, but not WWI. It was completely inglorious and would be dispiriting to watch a realistic take on it.

WW2 is sexier, that's why

>bunch of fucking trenches

it'd be a waste of time and fail at the office

you would think with over 36,000 americans who lost their lives and thousands more MIA and POW's there would be more movies about it..

Wasnt it a terrorist that killed Franz Ferdinand that sparkled the whole thing?

WWI is boring as fuck.

Isn't Nolan coming out with one about Dunkirk?

>Whai no ww1 mobie ?!??1
>Dunkirk

6 gorillion*

well memed, friendo

Yeah. However, Austro-Hungarian empire was trying to annex Serbia at the time and used the assassination as an excuse to invade. Germany had promised to back them up, rolled through Belgium to invade France which made Britain pissed. Russia got mad since Serbia was like their little bro. Cue 4 years of pointless slaughter due to retarded alliances and even more retarded politicians.

A new Battlefield game set in WW1 is coming out tho

Hittler and the jews get all the attention, that's why.
Nega-Chaplin is clear, some weird shit about cuba and not letting in is not.

not enough jew victimisation material

>people are actually getting triggered by this even though since day 1 it was alternate universe

the agenda pushing is pretty astounding though

like BF players care about history

Except that it isn't supposed to be alternate

> Why aren't there any WW1 movies coming out?!

Because there is absolutely nothing interesting or exciting about combat on the Western Front in WWI;

> sit a muddy trench day after day
> charge into machine gun and artillery fire
> die
> repeat for the next 4 years

Thus any WWI story inevitably concerns itself with stuff happening well behind the lines in Paris or London and such and that being case, why not just set the story in WWII or any other period in history, which is actually interesting.

Is this about the only Russian female battalion that got scrapped because of how ineffective they were as a battalion?