Amazing, how a vampire series conveys the whole theme of a supernatural apocalypse better, than a zombie series...

Amazing, how a vampire series conveys the whole theme of a supernatural apocalypse better, than a zombie series. See TWD.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yXRbmuPrsWw
youtu.be/dg1SUSMHfcY?t=99
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But it doesn't.

It's LITERALLY nu-Zombie apocalypse (virus lmao) applied to vampires instead

But it doesn't.

I agree user my favorite show to watch.

ppl in new york are nu-males so it makes sens.

Picked the fuck up.

The fuck it does.

Don't get me wrong, I semi-enjoy watching the show, but you have to can't simply suspend your disbelief, you have to fucking brainwash yourself to think it's even remotely plausible.

>we stopped the internet!
>no one has been able to communicate to the outside world about the fucking vampire hordes murdering people in NY
>most people in the city still just think its an illness, even though they see fucking monsters kill people

The worms and how easy it is to get infected is fucking terrifying.

strain vampires are much better enemies than zombies

>organised
>lethal attack to 2 meters
>fast transmitted
>has actual weakness

Finally it comes back. The good stuff is still to come, lads. Even if they deviate somewhat from the novels.

twd is boring, self serious melodramatic garbage

the strain is lighthearted and silly ie. more fun to watch

I need to rewatch the old episodes, I can't remember what happened

This.

Like one "drop" of blood/spit/whatever and you are fucked because they bore into your skin.

>>we stopped the internet!
>>no one has been able to communicate to the outside world about the fucking vampire hordes murdering people in NY
>>most people in the city still just think its an illness, even though they see fucking monsters kill people

Yep, this is my main gripe with this show. The city would be fucking evacuated after 3 episodes in real life and would be in full lockdown.

Is The Strain worth picking up again? I only watched the first season and stopped watching. I liked Eichorst and Setrakian but they were pretty much the only characters I liked alongside maybe Fet.

>pic

I don't get it.

Hell yeah. You get a lot of flashbacks and backstory of these characters and their relationship in the past.

Reminder that Kelly Goodweather is CUTE

This, the walking dead bored me to tears.

The strain is ridiculous enough to draw you in and is pretty entertaining. I think the effects are decent too. The plot is stupid enough to make you switch your brain off and just enjoy it for what it is rather than trying to be profound in any way

>implying there are better shows atm and/or you have better things to do

So these posts have ruined the thread.

Fuck you both. Stop posting literal shit like this.

FUCK YOU. YOU RUINED THE THREAD WITH YOUR POSTS

It only gets better the further you go. Definitely worth it, but only if you enjoyed S1.

Yes you do

We don't know, it doesn't air until the 28th of this month or something.

Came here to ask this. I completely forgot this show existed after the 1st season. Is it still good?

I dropped it after the first season. Literally the only thing I liked was the tacticool vamp squad. Everything else was painful to sit through.

My Strain folder was getting creaky and dusty

To be fair, the Stoneheart Group has every influential political figure in New York bought and paid for. The head of the CDC as well. Normally yeah, it would cause mass panic and people would be evacuated but the media shutdown plus having the people that could do something about it paid for pretty much stopped all of that. As the whole world is concerned there is an epidemic in New York Island and people are in a quarantine while the CDC resolves it.

Also, to my knowledge. Each Episode is like a day, so its been around 3 weeks. Its pretty much at Season 2 just contained in New York.

Did it get good, or at least watchable? I remember watching an episode but I had so much to watch, I never bothered with it anymore.

Oh. It's being shilled. My bad for replying earnestly.

I didn't realise this was an advertisement thread.

Very much so. It is made a lot clearer int he novels. Palmer controls all the information in and out of the city.

god forbid people like shows on a tv show board, must be fucking shills the lot of them

It's not even airing yet, that's what makes it obvious.

NONE OF THESE POSTS ARE SHILLS

DEAL WITH IT **WATCH THE STRAIN**

COMICCON 2016 THE STRAIN GUILLERMO DEL TORO

god forbid people should have anticipation for the shows they like?

You realize there's been previous seasons, genius?

Neither can the writers

One thing that has me irked about this is Del Toro's involvement. I wish he was involved more. I also would like tighter seasons. Sometimes the human element makes the pace slow down quite a bit and episodes can be tedious to go through since its really slow pace as it is.

Hopefully this season can start picking up that pace as everyone has had enough time to get with their backstories and the apocalypse is nearing.

Is this the worst show FX has come out with?

This show is absolute garbage, and I don't say that very often. How much of a fucking pleb do you have to be to actually like it? What are you even doing here?

I never knew the strain was so hated by trolls

real plebfilter I guess

The 2nd and 3rd book were split to be two seasons each, plus, there are always budgets and issues with money.

At least we know for sure we are getting 5 seasons and 56 episodes total.

The plot should really pick up by the end of this season.

What are you?

We had really nice threads for the last two seasons. Usually no one takes the bait and the trolls leave. Eventually they learn and don't even bother.

Strain threads were one of the cleanest and mot enjoyable.

Is there a way to ban this fucking tripnigger from polluting Strain threads

Is the new season out yet?

The last season was so fucking bad, the shows plot goes nowhere

>Bastard Executioner
>Riches
>Over There

Well its up there at least.

>Tripfaggot
>Shit taste

It's like you want people to know you're a garbage connoisseur

Starts tomorrow. Get ready to things to slow down even further.

>WHY ALL THESE EGGS

what makes them vampires exactly?

An angel blew up and dropped pieces of himself which grew into vampies who spit worms into people to make zombie vampies

Why did it blow up?

fucking newfags I swear to god...

youtube.com/watch?v=yXRbmuPrsWw

Because god

Why have you hung around Sup Forums so long? It's pretty pathetic

For anyone out there who had read the books and watched the show.. How far into the books is the show? Is it like 1 season per book? The preview for the new season looks like it's still in the second book. Or are they going off the rails and doing their own thing?

So its just a rip off of priest?

Because I enjoy it. Is there a time limit after which you should stop visiting?

2.5 years is appropriate.

You're like a 50 year old man at college. It isn't right and you know it.

If you are still here after you turn 19 its pathetic 2bh

They are splitting the books into multiple seasons, so that's why.

The pacing is so awful. It's an ok show I guess.

I couldn't even pass the first season it was one of the worst tv series I have ever watched.

S1 = Book 1
S2 and S3 = Book 2
S4 and S5 = Book 3

Straight from Del Taco.

Feels normal to me. As long as I enjoy it I don't see a problem. I am sure it would feel otherwise if I needed to stop.

But you have to be 18 to post.

That shit is about vampires?

I thought it was about aliens, or something. It looks like a low budget shitfest either way.

oh and 6 or 7 years ago the average age of Sup Forums posters was 30.

Makes you think, eh?

Yet here you are.

Please stop. Your digest reply is embarrassing. Please stop posting. You need to stop. Please feel the need to stop. Stop now. You are not welcome here. Stop.

Why not just scan the ordo whatever book and get over with the whole they want the book ark which is bound to come?

I turned 18 awhile ago.

Just stop posting. Go away. You have been here way too long. Go away.

>If you are still here after you turn 19 its pathetic 2bh
You need to go back.

They rely a lot on practical effects and the quality is generally very high, not sure why you say it's cheap.

Give it a chance.

I will be here forever m8. Just like you

lol I just watched priest 2 days ago and although I liked it its the most clichéd thing ever

also that gendy animation in the beginning

Oh ok that makes sense. I read the books and really enjoyed them as well as the graphic novel series. I started the first season but only made it a few episodes in. I might go back and finish now tho.

>You are not welcome here.

Says who? gtfo crybaby

>One bad show is slightly less bad than another bad show
Congratulations, I guess.

I'm a-ok with eko, at least he is discussing the strain, unlike you fag

Ah season 5 is going to be ridiculous. Tho I'm excited to see how they do it.

Man I really liked it. It had so much potential, but couldn't cut it in the big market unfortunately.

>the bikes
>the weapons
>the city
>the clothes
>the trains
>the aesthetics in general

Eko is retardedly contributing to a shill thread.

Yes, this is a shill thread. Please examine it. It's obvious.

Why would this lifelong Sup Forums dweller post in a fucking shill thread? Surely he should know better. Is he being paid, too?

is it any good?

True, also a great plus was that the last fight took place on the train, not some dark cave. We have seen fights in dark places a million times.

and dont forget To go against the church is to go against god

____________:3____________

They'll need an ever increasing budget for each consecutive season.

I believe they had a slight increase for S2, but haven't checked how it is this year.

There were major re-writes and retcons after end of S1, supposedly linked to the budget. The Vampire SWAT was supposed to be lead by Quinlan, but he was retconned for a different actor and a slightly different role in S2.

>Nothing personal, kid

that is not quinlan
quinlan shows up in the 2nd season as he teams up with gus

there is a bdsm scene where the ex nazi vampire is making a girl eat pineapple so that her blood will taste better and makes her put on lipstick and take off her pants and bend over so he can drink from her pussay so if thats your idea of any good sure

*** SHILL THREAD ALERT ***

VAMPIRE FUCKING SHIT
jk I like him as well

If you're into zombie-apocalypse survival shit it scratches that itch, better than TWD as OP said. It's cheesy as hell of course, but enjoyable enough.

youtu.be/dg1SUSMHfcY?t=99

have you seen this weird ass music video they made?

OF COURSE

>IT'S A LE SHILL THREAD

Fuck off back to Sup Forumseddit you imbecile.

>they never do anything but die on their very first mission. all of them.

I really felt bad for that, especially because their leader and quinlan are interchangeable, both rational warriors who are likeable and he would not have been a mary sue

>It's an Eichorst puts his blood dungeon on AirBnB episode