youtu.be/1IdSo3u9PTc
youtu.be/eedm15ZEaEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm brazilian

You can enjoy them too!

Foreigner [Atlantic, 1977]

You've heard of Beatlemania? I propose xenophobia. C

Double Vision [Atlantic, 1978]

I love rock and roll so much that I find myself getting off to "Hot Blooded", a typical piece of nookie-hating cockrock based on a riff-verse-chord change that's (gah) second-generation Bad Company. Other than that, there's nothing here to threaten their status as world's dullest band. Inspirational verse--"She backhanded me 'cross my face". C+

Head Games [Atlantic, 1979]

Not as sodden as you'd expect--these guys are pros and they adapt to the times by speeding up the music. I actually enjoy a few of these songs until I come into contact with the dumb woman-haters doing the singing. I mean, these guys think punks are cynical and anti-life as they complain that the world is all madness and lies and then proceed to rhyme "science" with "appliance" and don't intend a joke. C+

Everything Rocks and Nothing Ever Dies [1990s]

I just find Hot Blooded obnoxious.

Horrible bottom-of-the-barrel dadrock. This is the shit that your dad would be listening to on the local classic rock station while driving you to Little League to torture you.

they're extremely average.

they suffer from a serious lack of personality.

Must be why Christgau called them the world's dullest band. At least they're pretty harmless unless Journey and Styx which are physically painful to listen to. Frank Zappa complained once that these guys were the only bands that could get on the radio for a while.

>You've heard of Beatlemania? I propose xenophobia. C
ok thats pretty fucking funny and clever

Bands like Foreigner were basically a bunch of veteran session musicians that a record label would assemble into a band, although they were usually talented musicians, they were obliged to shit out the most generic, cliched radio rock imaginable.

Mick Jones is a pretty decent, if basic, blues rock guitarist. Other than that...

calling something dadrock doesnt dismiss it

Christgau's humor is what saves him from being literally the worst human being alive

I mean, there's patrician dadrock like Velvet Underground and there's corporate garbage like Foreigner based on 70s rock cliches.

>Everything Rocks and Nothing Ever Dies [1990s]

What exactly does this mean?

What do you think of this
youtu.be/1IdSo3u9PTc

I wanna know what love is is a legitimately good song

That was his list of past-their-prime 60s-70s bands that for some inexplicable reason were still releasing albums in the 90s.

Conjures up images of some mullet dude and his girlfriend fucking in a Camaro as Feels Like The First Time plays on the 8-track.

so like the beach boys?

Well, yeah. And most all of those shitty 70s corporate rock groups.

Oh fuck I thought it was foreign music general

lmao

YOUR AS COLD AS ICE

foreigner is basically "that one mediocre or maybe a little shitty song that you hear a lot on classic rock stations and arent fully certain what band made it" the band

Their post-70s output is bad, during the Reagan years, they became Power Ballads--The Band (TM).

Lou Gramm was 29 in this pic? I'd have guessed late 40s.

YOUR WILLING TO SACRIFICE OUR LOOOOOOOOOOVE

I saw them at a county fair and they were rocking pretty hard for a bunch of old guys.

I am from Denmark. Where are y'all from?

Most people don't get the joke!
Foreigner are a JOKE band!
People who hate Foreigner don't get the joke!
Their fans don't get the joke either.

After I got the joke I became a Foreigner fan for life!

If you really think about it, Foreigner are FUNNY!

If you don't think about it, and most people don't weather a fan, or hater, the humor goes right over their head!

Foreigner is unironically a great band

Somehow founding King Crimson member Ian McDonald ended up being one of the original members.
youtu.be/eedm15ZEaEg

Also Thomas Dolby did the synth line on "Waiting for a Girl Like You"