What went wrong?

What went wrong?

The end was dumb

Cooper: You're a scientist, Brand.
Brand: So listen to me when I say that love isn't something that we invented. It's... observable, powerful. It has to mean something.
Cooper: Love has meaning, yes. Social utility, social bonding, child rearing...
Brand: We love people who have died. Where's the social utility in that?
Cooper: None.
Brand: Maybe it means something more - something we can't yet understand. Maybe it's some evidence, some artifact of a higher dimension that we can't consciously perceive. I'm drawn across the universe to someone I haven't seen in a decade, who I know is probably dead. Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space. Maybe we should trust that, even if we can't understand it. All right Cooper. Yes. The tiniest possibility of seeing Wolf again excites me. That doesn't mean I'm wrong.

And if that didn't make you cringe enough we also have

Pray you never learn just how good it can be to see another face...

nothing?
interstellar is one of the best scifi films of the last 2 decades.

Kek this board is trash on a stick

I'm genuinely curious what you thought was good about it.

Yeah, I kind of rolled my eyes at this part. Would've been pure spacekino were it not for that power of love shit. Would've worked just fine without it.

They gave up and said fuck it during the third act

I feel like godlike 4th dimensional future humans would have a better way of saving us from a plague than twitching watch arrows in binary so a girl can solve an impossible spacetime equation

This board is trash on a stick because it hates everything just to look cool and different from the rest, just like any other board on Sup Forums.

Just about every space scene felt like a dream to me.

Are good visuals really enough to sell you on an entire movie?

What about the plot? Characterization? Dialogue?

Because I mean, I liked some of the visuals too, but at the end of the day it wasn't worth 3 hours of my time, if all I wanted was shit that looked cool I could take LSD and watch a goddamned screensaver.

>space travel
>worm holes
>black holes
>physics
>time dilation
>5th dimension

I fucking loved everything about it.

All that shit about love

I was blessed with not seeing the twist coming, and I had no idea what he was going to find when he fell. The anticipation was one of the most satisfying payoffs I've ever seen.

That's true but interstellar is literally a pretentious cliche expostion babbys first spevial relativity lesson. Dude love. Dude tesseract in my kids bedroom. Its like trying to go full kubrick and shooting yourself on purpose. Nolan is so dull and couldnt do anything creepy or impressive if he tried. Fucking space and he makes the most cliche hamfisted drama

I didn't like the whole "look inside a black hole" thing. There is literally nothing to find beyond the event horizon, it might as well be outside our universe

at least he tried. hollywood isn't big on hard scifi which makes interstellar is a rare fucking gem. we should be thankful it exists.

See
You fucking tastless idiot. Its entirely nolan holding your hand telling you you're watching something great while being devoid of purpose

I loved the movie's message about humans being explorers at heart.

This board is trash on a stick because of capeshit and cunnyposting and etsubatsu and offtopic shitposting and Star Wars, not because it has mixed opinions on an overrated-but-good sci fi movie.

nothing, it was 10/10 kino

>spevial relativity
general relativity bro

Pure Kino. Nolan is literally the only auteur in Hollywood.

All he ever does is try to make "deep" movies, and he never succeeds.

Sometimes that still results in a good movie, sometimes it results in a piece of shit, but none of Nolan's movies ever reach anywhere near the depth they so blatantly struggle towards.

This movie sucked.

the black hole love-portal was odd

but the ending wraps up really well

i unironically enjoyed it

Gravity you cunts.

Sup Forums has been shit for years now. Notice all the underage bait/racism/actress threads.

Interstellar is a good scifi film. The only negative is the pacing in the start.

Yeah, this made me irritated as fuck. For a movie that tries so hard to get physics right, it then makes a retarded asspull that the solution to all the problems is a love, something that is all chemical and neurological.

Although you can interpret it as when they went through that black hole, they just died, and everything after that is "heaven", which is just as retarded.

agree, but nerds suck Nolan's dick that they get furious if someone dare to say this.
#2deepforu

It DID try to go full Kubrick

"Interstellar" is about a guy hiding behind a bookcase in his daughter's bedroom for damn near forever, watching her dress, undress, sleep, touch herself, read... and then finally he decides to leave her a cryptic message in some ripples of dust.

Dear Reddit fags:

Hating Interstellar doesnt help you fit in.

Sincerely, Sup Forums.

This guy has the right idea. Nolan should not be praised on any scale. If a director doesn't trust his audience to use their brain, why should anyone show respect for him?

What's this new kino meme? I haven't been here in a long time.

Nothing

>science
>everything must be logical

>LOVE CONQUERS ALL

FUCK YOU NOLAN

I liked the scientific accuracy and the writers' imagination when it came to the unknown. The theme was pretty good too. The soundtrack is probably the greatest soundtrack I've ever heard. It was a really interesting merger of ambient and classical.

I'm probably talking out of my ass because I'm from Sup Forums and I'm a engineering major, but I liked this film a lot.

>Excited to finally see a true Nolan sci-fi flick
>"Love is the only thing that transcends time and space!" xD

>interstellar is one of the best scifi films of the last 2 decades.
Well meme'd my friend

Nolan doesn't understand basic time travel logic and thinks love is a cosmic force.

I've been on the board too much today fuck me

He tries but failed horriblt with his ending. He doesn't get brownie points. It was too simple and cliche.

Exactly this is what I was going for.

There is a planet called Earth rotating in the void. On it, several species of apes.
One of these sometimes feels "love" towards their mommy and the ape they fuck. And THIS is the center of the entire Universe and key to the billion lightyears of pneumatic black void.

Woah, cool! :^)

Tell me what to watch Stallmanu-sama

liking nolan's pseudointellectual bullshit as he tries (and fails) to be deep is as reddit as it gets friendo

>Gravity you cunts.

That's about as far as Nolan seems to understand it too, based on that shitty fucking movie.

Nolan attempting sci-fi.

it was pretty though, i'll give him that.

>it was pretty though, i'll give him that.

yeah the visuals were all the movie had going for it. can't take that away from the man.

To be fair, Cooper basically said: "HA bullshit!"

Until the ending.

>Wanting him to interject with a movie opinion

so it would have been better if they cut the dialogue explaining their maneuvers and why they were necessary?

doesn't exactly have much competition if you're just looking from 1996-2016

love was just his motivation you idiots
why do so many people take it too literally

>Nolan doesn't understand basic time travel logic and thinks love is a cosmic force.

No, you missed the entire point
love was just a theme, but it was not treated as a physical force in the sci-fi physics elements of the movies
so people should stop assuming they do

It was a good concept that ended up getting lost up its own ass.

It was a good, but flawed, movie.

Could have done without that stupid out-of-left-field love speech from Hathaway's character.