twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

++death grips

any recs appreciated

+Zappa, can, miles, coltrane, sun ra, herbie
true patrician
+tvu, wire, white stripes
good, lots of stuff idk tho
+blonde, microphones, fishmans, kanye, notm/tptb, anco
good but lots of entry level stuff, listen to more music/try out some new genres and styles

this chart is a bit old but it's still pretty accurate

lazy poster scum fuck off. dont reply to these douches

Oops, I missed one!

WHY POST BOKU CHART????

Wow how old is this?

October 15, 2014

why does this say cltcore that ain't clt

Excellent observation. This one is CLT.

Neeeeed recs

Yeah that one's Lammergeier's/Connor's. Or maybe the joke > head.

We've met before
Listen to MF DOOM nigga
Faust is pretty cool
Listen to the Stooges and IDLES - Brutalism.
Listen to This Old Dog if you haven't and Mingus Plays Piano.

I know it's narcissistic as hell to point out but the reason I didn't include my plebbier favorites was the reason I didn't include some of my other favorites and it's because some albums just don't want to be with other albums or because their covers are an eye strain and make me want to puke for whatever reason.

If anyone wants recommendations I can wholeheartedly try to think of good ones. They would already likely be other derivations from Ethan/Mensa/Vienna/quilled_investigator/78787878's i-Pod so you've been warned.

Please don't bother with the murder threads unless you have any intention of following through, would be greatly appreciated but throwing around those kinds of words, well, I get it. I get it. As for comments related to whether anyone should/would care about any of the above I get it, I know. I'm well aware. Believe me it takes no work to ramble, just let me be or get nitty gritty in the contempt or I'm likely to not be affected.
>dude are you ok
Not really. Thanks for asking
The world really lost something when Connor died. His sheer knack for visualizing the passions of ordinary decision and preference juxtaposed against nothing but itself brought a light that attracted dozens of people to his activity, and his creativity was endowed with a sublime quality utmost his own. It's hard to tell how much better things would be if his transcendentally pure tastes, art and virility had been celebrated to the extent he deserved.
>you make no sense, your writing is terrible
Then it's a good thing I do not write and I do not give a fuck

Laika
Tipsy
Blendcrafters

is this old dog especially good, like, compared to mac demarco's other albums? your taste seems somewhat dignified so i'm curious

look at all these contributive posts, holy shit

who is connor
i would like a rec if you'd be so kind

september - zadnja avantura

even oxen - arrayed above the seraphim lights

Connor was a guy and his chart was the one I replied to.

Try
Smog - Dongs of Sevotion (on my chart)
Glen Tomasetti - Folk Songs With Guitar
Kurt Vile - Constant Hitmaker (recommended to me from a guy in a plug.dj room I hijacked who was really elitist about Kurt Vile and he was right)
Henry Thomas - Ragtime Texas (crippling and sad acoustic blues, major figure. great sense of loss)
v/a - Corrupt Postman (also on my chart. I swear, though, if you don't like it, and this is the only one you listen to, ... try again because it's a little hard to really love it for what it is or maybe it's just a couple of us who'll feel that way)
Mkwaju Ensemble - KI-Motion (Just some mellow, strange stuff from Africa, minimal. not hey ya ya ya ya)
Atahualpa Yupanqui - El aromo (ya, idk)
I'm not really happy about any of these, I would be skeptical. I should really try to understand your taste better so I'm not so 1D.

It's my personal favourite of his albums. Though I can't speak for everyone.

thanks a bunch man!

Looks pretty good user, I'll have to try CAN one of these days (once I've thinned out my backlog a little more). I can't recommend anything, you know far more than I.

If you haven't already, try;
>Laurie Anderson - Big Science. (38:19, Avant-garde/ Art rock). Partly because she was married to Lou Reed. Great album also.

I'm predicting one and a half years on Sup Forums, just enough to know the essentials though not enough to have gained a more personalized taste. I'd recommend trying more of what is on the Sup Forums essentials chart if you do not have it already, for pointers;
>Big Black - Songs About Fucking. (31:45, Noise rock/ Post-hardcore/ Post-punk/ Industrial rock/ Punk rock). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=oaFNjY8UPOo
>Slowdive - Souvlaki (40:40, Shoegaze/ Dream Pop). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=G0LIO138Z-A
>Snowing - Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit. (10:41, Emo). Full album: youtube.com/watch?v=n8cdAsbSyRo

Like your background, try Mrs. Magician's stuff, they've made surf rock with more influence from garage a la the Strokes, you might like it.

r8 h8 and appreci8

>Calle 13
:/

rate

0/10

Alice Coltrane >>>>

Not good
Archive - You All Look the Same to Me

Forest Swords - Engravings

whats going on here

no 3x3 thread

looking 4 recs, especially sad folk, dreamy anything, heavy ambient, and emotional house n techno

japan - tin drum
young marble giants - colossal youth
alex g - dsu

brenda ray - naffi years comp
polvo - today's active lifestyles
dead moon - stranded in the mystery zone

fenessz - endless summer
teebs - collections 01
siah and yeshua dapo ed - the visualz

dj sound - volume 10 (hatred)
ildjarn - forest poetry
and death in june obviously

You missed a few.

Help me anons. You're my only hope.

connie converse - how sad how lovely
molly drake - s/t

Lets go user

Mrs. Magicians on there, if you like alvvays check out La Luz

Oh gosh, sorry, I must look like a dork. Will check out La Luz, thanks for the rec.

Yall memed on me for this last time. Got any actual criticism or suggestions?

I...I cant tell if you're serious or not.

neat-o

nice taste OP, very eclectic. id recommend adding more zappa in your life, check out sleep dirt. maybe can - saw delight as well?

you look like you've got a serious interest in music but you're early on in your development. i say that because it doesn't appear to be as refined as someone who has been a long time music lover. but you should keep experiencing and discovering new music.

a very Sup Forumscore chart, not that there is anything wrong with that. id recommend spoon and interpol if you like the strokes and arctic monkey's. also check out loveless if you like beach house and animal collective

nice taste, i don't think you need any recommendations from me.

4/5 taste, you look like you've been around the block a few times. id recommend grandaddy - under the westernfreeway. maybe todd rundgren's - something/anything?

great taste, maybe the beach boys - summer days (and summer nights!!), today!, or wild honey and the zombies - odyssey and oracle

nice taste, check out stereolab dots and loops

nice taste, miles davis - in a silent way

etc etc, all great but also kind of tryhard taste imo. i doubt id be able to recommend anything these people stuff they aren't already aware of. not like any of them are actually in this thread anyway

guided by voices, bob dylan, early interpol, do make say think

love the taste, its time to get into parliament/funkadelic. listen to mothership connection, maggot brain, lets take it to the stage. also check out jeff beck's blow by blow.

the slits

ariel pink

the fall - this nation's saving grace. the replacements -tim

more funk. perhaps stevie wonder or prince?

I am

ya, grow upj

good taste, check out Blowout Comb by Digable Planets

The Hotlier - Home Like No Place
Yaphet Kotto
On The Might of Princes - Where You Are and Where You Want To Be
Thrice Mice - self titled
Scientist - Scientist Rids the world of the curse of the evil vampires
Cymande - self titled
Laurel Halo

rec me some juicy stuff

Nick Drake - Pink Moon
Nana Grizol - Ursa Minor

Comus - First Utterance
Joanna Newsom - Ys

The Promise Ring - Nothing Feels Good
Grouper - Dragging a Dead Deer Up a Hill

>Music From The Penguin Cafe
my nigga

This Town Needs Guns - Animals

Your taste is all over the place, nice

I remember you from last chart thread, good thing you don't let those meanieheads get the best of you
Vildhjarta - masstaden
Mastodon - Leviathan
Ghost - Meliora
Gojira - Magma

where to go from here

NOWHERE

just rec me some shit man

not to be rude but what makes you put magma over gojira's other releases

Try some of Fiona Apple's stuff.

i have, love her

pump me some recs

Jim O'Rourke

David Allan Coe
Junior Murvin

Little Feat

Cat Power
Hiss Golden Messenger - Bad Debt

You're not being rude
I haven't listened to other Gojira albums yet, but I really like Magma. I don't necessarily put Magma over other albums.
I have heard From Mars To Sirius is good, will give that a listen soon

check out way of all flesh while you're at it, my personal favorite
i couldn't vibe with magma was all, just wanted opinions on it from people who did

Aight thanks, will do. What exactly don't you like about Magma?

i'm not the best at describing things but the album felt too clean, and the lyrics were pretty corny
and it's not really that i don't like magma, it's more that the majority of their other work has just been flat out better to me

I think you explained yourself pretty well.
Right now I can't really agree or disagree because I don't have any reference points, so for now I'll just take your word and listen to those two albums

What do you use when you cross shit out in your charts ?

my finger usually or i just mentally do it sometimes

same one from yesterday's thread. Looking for recs still

for both
anna von hausswolff – the miraculous

go to jazz
art blakey – moanin'
gil evans – out of the cool
john coltrane – my favorite things

squadra omega – altri occhi ci guardano

jefre cantu-ledesma – love is a stream

listen to all rym top 100

built to spill
john martyn, van morrison, nick drake etc etc etc.
listen to more canterbury scene, why don't you like can?
+hex
research the 70s more
++rob wyatt
+stereolab, i love that album. howd u find it?
lazy af so 0/10
holderlin, similar to comus. not as good but is ok. john martyn 4 u too
nice, try out krautrock.
are u 14?

b6 is ITCOTCK

MF DOOM, Mac DeMarco

Try some Autechre
Brockhampton if you haven't already, or Danny Brown's earlier stuff...The Hybrid is decent
Francoise Hardy - La Question

this is my non-hip-hop list
8/10
7/10
butthole surfers/10 good stuff
7/10

What should I listen to next?

king crimson

illmatic and ride the lightning

King Crimson and The Antlers

>anna von hausswolff
thanks