Can we all agree that this is the least dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises?

Can we all agree that this is the least dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises?

Other urls found in this thread:

mjyoung.net/time/potter.html
youtube.com/watch?v=DFe0OR-Vaww
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>implying it didn't become dull by the 4th movie

The films were fantastic. Prisoner of Azkaban was my absolute favourite. Still one of my all time favourite films.

A-At least the books were good

careful, you may summon the copypasta

No!

I couldn't disagree with you more. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Frankly, compared to other YA shit like Twilight, Hunger Games and whatnot, Harry Potter films are great.

the last four films were boring af

>implying that's not why i made this thread
"No!"

>Atlas Shrugged God Tier
>Catch-22 Low Tier
>To Kill A Mockingbird Shit Tier

They are great compared to most things

Nice

The 4th was the worst by a mile

>always changing the first line to make it fit with the thread

I still don't understand how people could consider PoA to be the best. It's fucking boring, and introduced the time travel shit that ruined the logic of future films.

But then, I think GoF was alright and found CoS the best so maybe I'm straight pleb.

Because you literally don't understand basic time travel dynamics. Look up the novikov self consistency principle. There are no alternative realities, you can't change the past buckbeak does die. I'm afraid you cant follow a kids film.

Chamber is good but most are still better. Goblet is straight up normie tier

Buckbeak doesnt die* he never dies

Fuck

Boring is a pleb critique and I cringe everytime. I can't believe people think this means anything about the film and not them as a viewer

Just read this if you're interested
mjyoung.net/time/potter.html

Why do retards always get mad at the time travel? They never end up changing anything. Fucking hell I use my brain, why can't you use yours

>oh look my preferred garbage is better than your garbage

This makes zero sense to me personally I've read it before. I think the multiples theory is wrong

Go back to watching whatever shit flick you think isnt a 5/10 like most of what is discussed on the this board

You figured it out most people criticize something before properly seeing the message

But just introducing the time travel into the universe raised a ton of questions the movies couldn't be bothered answering at any point. I'm sure it was all explained away in the books but if you're only interested in the movies then who cares.

I'm not saying every movie in the world should be people fighting or fucking each other in every scene, but it's a kids movie set in a world of magic and absolutely fuck all happens for major chunks of the movie. It's BORING.

This is the official tier list:

God Tier:
Chamber of Secrets
Prisoner of Azkaban
Deathly Hallows Part 2

Good Tier:
Philosopher's Stone
Half Blood Prince
Deathly Hallows Part 1 (anything not the camping part)

Meh Tier:
Goblet of Fire

Shit Tier:
Order of the Phoenix
Deathly Hallows Part 1 (camping portion)

Sorcerer's Stone is a supremely underrated kid's movie and is super comfy.

I never cared about Voldemort. I just wanted to see Harry fuck around more in the wizard world.

You sound like you watch for the plot. Azkaban is great for everything. The latter films are great too. Better than the books.

If you are only interested in the movies you should know you can't change the past and you have to be wearing a time turner during the 5-6 hours you time travel back into. Hermione is lended the device on special purpose, they are otherwise regulated by the ministrym and to answer you in the books they are all accodentally destroyed.

The themes of prisoner of azkabam deal with the marauders harrys past his lresent future divination prophecy etc. The time turner fits in. They are regulated by the ministry. And you can't actual change the past

>gobley above anything
>dh2 above dh1
>not liking the innawoods
>chamber above half blood
'No'

>muh books need to grow up with muh audience

Rowling should have stuck with the quirky magical world we met in the first book, none of this death eater nazi shit.

Apparently the first book was sanatized to get published though and the series went as it did because that's how rowling originally envisioned it. Thats why she wanted gilliam to direct

And who says witchcraft can't be dark I like how they portrayed it. Its just very british

>implying anything past the second film was any good

Seriously though, it seemed like the charm and magic of the books got sucked straight after Columbus was no longer working on the films so much.

>Gay Gatsby
>God tier
18+

> be an auror
> capture a death eater
> use imperium on him to make him accept an unbreakable vow
> "you will try to kill voldemort, and you will brainwash other deatheaters into trying to kill him"
>War ends the next day

God Tier: Prisoner of AzkabanDeathly Hallows Part 1 Half Blood Prince

Good Tier:Philosopher's Stone, Deathly Hallows Part 2, Order of the Phoenix

Meh Tier:Goblet of Fire

Prisoner od Azkaban is the only good film out of all 8, the rest are trash.

Kino coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=DFe0OR-Vaww

fucking wasted get

Dh1 confirmed kino

fuck you

Not him you are actual plebian cancer

Thread is over

Why was he such a fucking cunt?

>implying the dark lord wouldn't sense this treachery instantly and abra cadabra

Be still my heart.

What did he mean by this?

>also bnw low tier

The first three are great, and then somehow they took a huge dive in quality. The 6th is relatively all right even though nothing happens until the last 30 minutes.

Unpopular opinion the post

Books 5-7 were shit the films are kino

Nothing annoys me more than Sup Forums's tendency to hate everything popular, but just this one I have to agree.
The HP movies are bad mate. Very bad. Only good thing coming out of them was presenting Second Best Emma to the world

Kys seriously they are the second best franchise easily

It's a close second, but LotR is the dullest franchise ever.

How badly are you bullied?

Comfiest franchise

The scene where harry finds voldemort sucking unicorn blood in the first film is an example of how kino HP was in the first two movies. The world was actually full of magic and mystery , then it suddenly became real life by the third, and then even more realistic in the last 4

azkaban needs to be in its own elder god tier.

That's how the material was. The films are great and the 3rd 5th 6th and 7th are more kino than the first. The entire point is the wizarding world reflects the real world and is just as corrupt. Witchcraft can be dark and still magicial I appreciate both atmospheres and film should be different. The first two are less serious so of course they were adapted like that

>God Tier
>Half Blood Prince
Not with the way they botched the adaptation. Sure, it's okay by itself, but they omitted way too much from the book.

I know this isn't a serious post, but that's not how the unbreakable vow works lmao

Why is PoA considered most kino of all HP movies? i never really understood it.

>bookfag
Literal cancer the film is kino its dreamlike and dreary. Very well directed.

Kek at nobody being able to differentiate mediums. Kek at people who literally compare the books to the films

There was a strawpoll and half blood prince was second to azkaban

>why
You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink

Sup Forums hivemind in full effect. It's been regurgitated on this site for years so now it's just people saying it to fit in

It was good, but 1 and 6 are better

That's why I said its okay on its own. But there are some retarded things happening, like the sudden focus on the teenage clique shit out of nowhere, the random destruction of the Burrow, and the removal of most of the Tom Riddle flashback parts in that well that I forgot the name of, but that's only in comparison to the book.

Great Gabsy was boring shit. Painful to read

HARRY POTTER AND THE MAGIC MCGUFFIN

Made by the best director of the series, Alfonso Cuaron, who's made tons of other great films
better cinematography than all the other films
simple, yet interesting and creative story

It was almost like a normal year their only normal year. Save dumbledore dying.

I'm not taking a 4 minute scene against the entire film even though I didnt particularly care for the burrow scene. It makes sense structurally happening at the halfway point and shows harrys second home being destroyed so everything from that moment becomes reality setting in. I guess the scene visually shows harrys burning hatred for bellatrix..besides that i like the adaptation i think its tight and melds. Of course i want more and more inclusion like flashbacks and memoroes but the films suceeding in telling the story getting the emotions across by focusing on the trio

Delbonnel and serra had some really nice work along with sesserin

I liked idziaks also shame they cut 40 min from ootp

Percy Jackson takes the crown, I think.

The first few Harry Potters were good because they didn't pretend to be anything more than cute adventure movies for kids to watch and imagine being wizards.

Kek

Someone who doesn't understand the crux of a childrens series. The minsitry is orwellian/brazilian like the british. This is why Terry Gilliam was wanted to direct by Rowling. They are batshit wizards but you can relate to the climate sort of. Of you're british at least

3>7.1>6>7.2>2>5>1>4

>purpose of OP is to make fun of bait copy pasta that's posted all the time
>you still fall for it

>series gets progressively more filled with black in every frame as voldemort loses his soul
>after harry dies everything is white
actually bravo yates