How to bring Rock in the forefront?

A new subgenre?
A new rockstar (A new Cobain or an American Liam Gallagher) or a guitar hero (Eddie Van Halen or Slash)?
Or will new artist(s) have to incorporate trap production techniques into the music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=89h-X-tZa_w
dailydot.com/upstream/how-to-buy-youtube-views/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tiddy

this,

we tiddy rock now

literally just be as noticeable as possible and make music that isn't sjw influenced EX: ANY TYPE OF INDIE GENRE

If all artists have to stoop to the cultural low that is trap, music has failed as an artform. Rock needs a new genre and better youth outreach. Unfortunately, that may just take another Beatles. Otherwise, we're going the way of jazz.

Since when is metal not considered rock? As far as I know these guys a doing pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=89h-X-tZa_w

Rock is in dire need of some faster tempos. All these new bands sound like a fucking dirge rather than anything you'd put on for fun and enjoyment. Not to sound like Gene Simmons, but a little energy and enjoyment wouldn't kill you kids.

Pop and Hip Hop culture demonizes Rock music, Rock is now considered "weird" for teens. If Rock were to ever be as popular as it was, it would have to over though those two genres. But the constant circle jerk for those genres don't help.

Who? The only popular metal now is Metalcore or the the Big Four, and maybe like Opeth,

You forgot about all the ''nu-male'' metal that's also coming out. I think one of the reason these bands aren't as popular is because they don't want to be. People seem to see some kind of authenticity in metal when a band isn't well known.

Make a rockband full of black people that create memes like rappers do and the same type of music videos full of fat assed hoes
Basically MTV Hip Hop with guitars.
That's the only way.

the problem is in modern metal, if anything gains traction within the wider community it is guaranteed shit

Bands like those are selling laughable amounts of records compared to the successfull rock and metal bands of the past.

it's depressing how this seems like the most viable option

Lol that'd be cool if the music was refreshing. Do we really need memes and shit to get the youth?

Yeah well it's not the most popular genre anymore but it doesn't mean it's dead. It's going to happen to hip-hop too you know. People are attracted to novel ideas, rock isn't one anymore.

So music video killed the radiostar and bedroom producers' faster speed to make hits killed rock?

Maybe let it die and listen to music instead of genres?

Metal is cool but this is not what topic is about. If Rock gets parallel to rap and pop in popularity again. It will have to be softer than metal.

all we need is a young nigga ripping bo diddley

The only way to fix the rock/rap dillema is to make whites repulsed with nigger culture. Jews control the music industry and if the people that pay for the music (whites) stop then the jews will churn out more rock music to fuel the newfound hatred of niggs.

Fucking wake up white people.
We are killing rock music.
Whites are singlehandedly funding every shitty rapper out there and we are the reason little matty b wants to be a rap star instead of a rock star. You think Jamal is paying for all the shit Kanye, Kendrick and Jay-Z own?

No. Its the white boize, and these darkies are the new rockstars because of people like you.

Save Rock Music Sup Forums
Spread the good word.

>tfw you will never be the next big thing in rock

Spread your fucking wings and fly faggot. You can do better than a mumbling roody poo.

Lmao i can dream and cope with sex and light drugs like the rest of the population

In New York I tiddy rock

I'd like to. I feel like I have really good ideas for songs sometimes, but I also really need to brush up on my theory before I make a serious attempt.
That stuff isn't good enough for me.

Honestly, if math rock or industrial rock were properly packaged I could see them weaseling their way into the mainstream. Make some industrial without edgy lyrics and a brighter sound and you could have a hit on your hands. Trap has shown that there's a decent market for unusual production.

>tfw i masturbated to this pic in 2008

I couldn't see that ever happening, and trap sounds the same as most other hip hop, don't kid yourself.

>tfw i masturbated to this pic in 2017

Trap has some remarkably forward thinking production. What Young Thug is spitting over is miles from boom bap and chopped up soul samples.

>forward thinking production
>the entire genre wouldn't exist without an TR808
lul

its not sound, its charisma

Marilyn Manson got deep into the Mainstream with the strangest sounding shit ever

Does industrial music count as rock? Honestly who cares if rock is in the forefront as people say, rock would only 'go the way of jazz' (that's a dumb statement) if it were intellectualized into the academia like Jazz is and become a part of that environment, or just becomes a echochamber of conformity. There will be rock that does this and rock that doesn't, and who cares if it does anyway?

the next big rock act will have a black lead

Industrial rock counts. Not pure industrial though.
I'm honestly super surprised Algiers isn't bigger.

>strangest sounding shit ever

relatively speaking, of course - in terms of what usually is in the mainstream

It's coming back in Australia, which in turn is breaking international.

King Gizzard are an example of this. But Australia's lead acts at the moment are rock bands.

>It's coming back in Australia, which in turn is breaking international.
like australia means dick fuck to the rest of the world

King Gizzard played at coachella?

Then do it man. Get an 8 track recorder and record some riffs that are on your mind, listen to them, and then try to expand upon them. Thats what I'm doing, anyways.

>Slash
>guitar hero

Pick one

>every time I make an observation about the world I find a thread about it on Sup Forums
weird. Anyways I just yesterday had this conversation with my lil sis when I looked at the artist line up for the same music festival I attended about 5 or 6 years ago and how all the headlining acts now are hip hop/pop artists instead of rock/metal bands.
Like everything else in life, trends come and go and I think the next generation of kids will steer towards bands again.

Patricians know Australia has a good music scene

Just let the music culture vulture press die. No one is really interested in the garbage they're covering, and a lot of the threads on this board seem to be showing that sort of resentment.

What actual rock bands need is someone with a fucking personality and charisma, who can endlessly troll the dumb press and call them out on their payola culture. Rock died because rock stars died. Dress flamboyant, act degenerate, be unrelentingly masculine and intellectually satisfying.

Music changes with the society
Hell i love jazz and 50s music but i dont demand it be brought back just beacause i hate Drake or Kendrick Lamar

They will be the next bug rock band, just watch

>he thinks indie isn't sjw influenced
I have some bad news for you, user

>implying white people will allow rock to come back
>implying white people aren't so obsessed with neoliberalism and political correctness that acting like a rock god will ever be permissible

It's actually super embarrassing. Hip hop the new rock and that's fucking facts

why? we don't need rock in the forefront, we just need hip hop out of the forefront.

alright, grandpa.

Alright, senpai

Who was the last super popular rock band that normies knew and liked to listen to? Red Hot Chili Peppers? blink-182?

Bump

Wtf is bug rock

Lmao do you not remember the 2000s when mtv still played music, would play rock videos too, have rock artists at TRL too. They did this with pop and rap too though. I'd say my chemical romance, linkin park, all american rejects, etc.

The Beatles are worse than most trap artists today

desu, it has to somehow envolve hip-hop and electronic.
inb4 le nu nu metal memes come out.
you don't really have to rap, but the production style will need to be similar.
so loops n loops.desu the blueprint for this is probably radiohead's experimental era (kid a amenesiac, HTTT.)
>also le no screaming because millennials don't like screaming.

Look at it this way, sure they are a mainstream band. Sure they are kinda shit. But at least its something other than rap, or electro-pop thats getting attention. By all standards this is "rock music" and it isnt numale indie shite either. I gurantee in 10-15 years Sup Forums will do a complete 180 on their opinion of this band just like you cunts did with NIN and Paramore.

If only he rapped good :/

desu desu desu xDDD

>youth outreach
This is precisely the problem. Fuck off.

What type of pure ideology am I reading

You're retarded. You're suggesting using technology to attempt to accomplish things that talent and ingenuity have fallen short of. Everybody's being doing this for the better part of 30 years and look at what it's getting us. Fuck you, tween.

To fit in with the new "cool to be socially conscious" trend in music (see: Pitchfork), the next big rock musician will probably have to be either be black, female, transgendered, or some amalgamation.

>thinking opeth is not a a somewhat "cult" band
Dream theater is a more popular prog-metal band, it sells stadiums. Opeth does venues

Maybe let it die and listen to music instead of genres?

There is no way you have exhausted every good rock album available to you so who cares

>being socially conscious in music is a new trend

Just
Stop

PAYOLA IS THE ONLY ANSWER

EVERYONE SAYING ANOTHER THING IS LYING

WELL MAYBE YOUTUBE BOTS TO MAKE STUFF GO TO MAIN PAGE

>To fit in with the new "cool to be socially conscious" trend (see: Pitchfork), the next big rock musician will probably have to be either be black, female, transgendered, or some amalgamation.

Arctic Monkeys

Kek it's probably going to be a spic.

>WELL MAYBE YOUTUBE BOTS TO MAKE STUFF GO TO MAIN PAGE

This could work, but you would need to spam 2 songs of the same artist at the same time or people will think "this is the best thing I ever saw at my life" and for some unknown reason won't search the other songs from the same artist.

And then if you spam two songs, the thing will become too obvious and YouTube will remove it. Maybe selecting two old and different channels with their songs will do the work, but I don't know

Why do you care if it's in the forefront or not?

Whenever a genre becomes in the forefront it's corrupted and watered down for the masses.

Keep rock in the underground as a pleb filter. Let all the other awful genres rot in public.

Don't be a fucking moron. You idiots who don't even use midis or daw. Know that most hip-hip/trap producers use presets already made. That means you basically have the whole songs catchy beat half made.
A lot of underground Producers make their beats with midi controllers (equal to an electronic keyboard) so therefore you do need talent to make amazing electronic based music. People like you are killing rock.

>YOUTUBE IS THE ONLY VEHICLE FOR MUSIC
Stop

Also
>the thing will become too obvious and YouTube will remove it
I don't think you understand how payola works

dailydot.com/upstream/how-to-buy-youtube-views/

Labels buy views all the time. Don't be naive

I know how to use DAWs, shithead. I've come to the conclusion that it's not a sufficient substitution for communicating, with music, in real time. It will never be. All it leads to is looking for the next novel-sounding Serum patch, and then play it through the same fucking IV - V - vii progression in whack ass block voicings. Even the physicality of speakers places limits on what key centers even sound good on large systems.

It's sonic cocaine; it feels good for like 5 minutes and leaves you completely dissatisfied.

Rock music is fucking boring. It will never be popular again.

>I know how to use DAWs, shithead. I've come to the conclusion that it's not a sufficient substitution for communicating, with music
Different user here. What if you are a live band recording to a DAW?

A lot of teens still like "Alternative" music/culture like they did in the 00's. As can be seen with 21 Pilots' success, there's currently a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE void for edgy rock artists with a "unique" sound. The problem is that most innovative artists are the antithesis of edgy these days, and most edgelords aren't original. This should be obvious desu

I'm not trashing the whole concept. I get that it's a practical improvement on things that existed before and there's nothing wrong with that. But I can't tell you how many people I know personally ruined their albums because they couldn't stop monkeying around with the layering and arrangements and compression and whatnot.

My grievance is less with the technology and more that people keep thinking that those boosted mids and wacky sci-fi sounds make their music sound "new" when in reality, it's the just the best way to sound dated and corny in a short five years' time. And that goes for every genre. Chasing novelty is creative suicide, period.

They tried it with Nu-Metal and Hollywood Undead

There's no way because every time a possibly big rock band comes around all the people who are into rock make fun of them because they're too popular so they either. A) fade out of relevance or B)Make even more poppy music to appeal to a different audience

Being this ignorant about the true reason why rock music isnt at the forefront of the public eye. Dont waste my time with a fucking meme and tell me how to solve the problem you shitstick.

>the fuck you think is the reason?

Rock is already in the forefront

>rock
>forward thinking production
>the entire genre wouldn't exist without a guitar
huh

Rock for bugmen

In generation that's hellbent on heavy sub-bass or any other tactics that are commonly used in trap music alone, it's very difficult to remedy that in rock music. A lot of bands are playing with just making extensive symphony-esque tracks and it seems to be working for them.

>guitar pedals what's that

MOMMY

lmao #woke #redbill amirite? nigger nigger nigger jews jews jews bush did 9/11

Well, pop punk culture is alive and well. As a genre it needs more maturity, but not necessarily to sell records. But kids see pop punkers whining about their ex-gf and social anxiety, and rappers with hoes and Bugattis, which is more appealing?

Pop punk has most metal beat out here, except power and speed metal.

Did you time travel from the year 2003 to make this awful post?

Sorry, I meant fast tempo, not metal beat. IDK what I was typing. Modern metal is too slow and heavy. It doesn't appeal to the masses like Ozzy did.

I personally think the beatles are overrated to a degree but you obviously haven't heard Revolver and the albums that follow.

Radiohead is my favorite band. I think you're right and probably gonna have to take some notes from New Order and Calvin Harris.