Has anyone taken a long break from weed and picked it back up again?

Has anyone taken a long break from weed and picked it back up again?

I smoked daily for 6 years and stopped back in October, because I realized it had become a crutch and was limiting my potential.

Fast forward to now, I just out of a relationship with someone I was very emotionally involved with. I'm still pretty fucked up on it and my guess was that she became my new crutch once I set the ganja down.

I'm hurting quite a bit right now and have recently been having a draw to start smoking again, even just temporary to get over this little hump.

What do you think? Bad idea? I'm pretty torn, but at this point I'd be willing to try anything.

wanna talk about her, man? I'll listen

single bump

you're simply being a huge faggot putting way too much importance on a false sense of happiness you rationalized to yourself when you were with the bitch that you just got off from

honestly, if you feel like smoking weed, do it... but just don't try to rationalize some dumbass shit reasons to do so

Sure, dude. Thanks.

We work together. Still. That kind of sucks. She started last year, and I always thought was cute, but never gave it too much thought, as she was in a long term relationship at the time. Fast forward to around Christmas time, and she gets really flirty with me, while she's still with the guy. Long story short, she pretty much left him for me, and we moved really quickly.

The age difference was pretty weird for me - she was 18 and I was 23. I knew deep down that she was still growing and finding herself, but I always envisioned that I would be there with her, discovering new things about ourselves as a team.

Well, turns out she's gay.

Yeah

It has it's ups and downs. I'm just about to finish a school year so I'm going to be high as fuck for the next 2 months. The key is knowing when the limit is I suppose.

Don't use it as a crutch, deal with your shit though mate

That's my issue. I keep seeking external sources of happiness because I can't seem to generate it myself.

I've had crutches since I was young - computer games to cigarettes to weed to excessive exercise to dependence on other people.

I think I fucking suck. I'm not special, I get that. A lot of people hate themselves. I just wish I could figure out why.

That's the part of me that doesn't want to go back - the fear that I'm just seeking a familiar relief

The part of me that says to do it is recalling the anxiety relief that cannabis gave me and how it brought me back to a neutral level.

I get that weed can't solve my problems, but I'm wondering if I gave up something that actually served as a medicine for me.

I'll give this one more bump. I appreciate the input so far.

stop focusing on depending on people's approval and start investing yourself whole heartedly on your inner development and you'll soon find how much infinite your inner world, understanding and knowledge fields can get without having to waste your time and energy trying to live up to anybody's expectations

this way, you'll draw people and things to you that you really want to have in your life

tl;dr
cultivate yourself

That's my goal. After she left and my crutch was taken from me, I feel like I collapsed to the ground, having no support from the thing I used to rely and lean on.

That's where weed comes into the question. Do you think it would help me detach and refocus, or simply spin me back down the path that I had been down and realized didn't work?

damn that's tough. I'm sorry you still have to work with her, but as long as you keep it professional but not forced you'll be fine. I sort of know what you're going through because when I was 22 I dated a chick who left me for a guy when she found out she was straight. Feels bad, but it's better to be alone than in a relationship with someone who's pretending to love you. Smoke in good health man

stop over complicating things like a fucking pansy man... Do you realize how much subtle harm you put your whole body and brain into for absolutely no fucking reasons?

You mentionning using ''weed'' as a crutch is a further explaination that you just seem to like feeling powerless and out of control of your own self

stop being a faggot and finally become that awesome dude both i and you know you are... Stop hiding it and just work for your best without trusting too much anyone because you are the only person in your life that genuinely wants your best

Thanks friend. The logical side of me keeps trying to tell me that this isn't for the best - for both of us.

The emotional, inner child in me keeps telling me that I'm not good enough and that I am and will always be alone.

This is just messy and hard, but one day I'm confident I'll look back on all of this as an extremely visceral and valuable lesson.

I appreciate the realness. Can you explain the subtle harm you referred to? Is it from the weed or my need of a crutch or what?

My issue is a lack of trust in myself. That should be where I start. It's that love myself before I can love anyone else type of shit.

Go look for Lucy. You'll find out whatever is bothering you for sure

*is for the best

There is nothing inherently wrong with crutches. Everybody has them as they provide an outlet with which we can channel ourselves, to soothe, to focus, to enjoy, etc. The key is to not overdo it. Too much of anything (be it drugs, sex, food, etc.) is not good for you and becomes either a dependency, illness or both.
If you think you can manage your habit without any drawbacks then more power to you. But if you think ever for a second that you'll relapse, stop immediately.

Smoked like a madman 9 years ago, because shit was legal

Moved, became illegal, stopped smoking, smoked like 5 times since then.

It's not a heavy drug user, get over yourself.

Your life is infinitely valuable, no matter how many girls break up with you. A human life is a golden ticket to feeling the sun on your face, and being able to hear new songs you love and try new things you used to be afraid of. It's a temporary thing, so don't waste it sitting around waiting for permission or guidance. It's good to hear you're confident, because you should be. You don't need anyone man, you're a complete person already.

haven't smoked in 3 months, made the decision to focus on my studies. Just had my exams and i am getting an oz

I suppose there isn't any harm in trying.
I know everyone has their vices. My issue is taking every thing I do to am excessive level. I suppose it will just take a bit of awareness and willpower.

Thanks for the input.

>Can you explain the subtle harm you referred to
Maybe you should start learning how biology works in relationship of what's going on inside your brain

every thoughts are amplified by emotions in relationship to the intensity you give them resulting in an unnecessary discharge of chemicals throughout your body that in long terms creates disease, illnesses and overall deteriorates and kills you slowly

Is that what you want? No, start thinking about your well being and do more than your best to be as knowledgeable as possible about what's going on in your brain and around you

This way, you will finally understand what is the pure raw sense of control you can possibly wield to go through life with as less damage as possible

It's not the heaviness of the drug that concerns me, it's my default pattern of addictive tendency.

That's powerful, thank you.

You're right - I really ought to study up on what's going on up there. I never really gave it much thought to approach this from a scientific perspective.

good luck man. I'll be trying my best, too.

Its fucking weed user. If your whole life goes to shit because of some weed than it was going to end up in shit regardless.

I wish you the best. Thanks again for time and input. It means a lot.

My life going to shit because of weed isn't what I'm concerned about.

I'm concerned about being stuck and not growing because I keep jumping from one vice to the next.

I take tolerance breaks of a month or more every couple of months. I get to the point that my tolerance gets so high that smoking just doesn't feel worth it. My problem is I have two modes with smoking either I'm not smoking at all or I'm smoking a ton all the time. But at least it's easy for me to just stop completely when it starts to get out of hand.

So I would advise you not to smoke. If you ever start smoking weed again do it out of a position of happiness not or of grief /frustration.
Two years ago I stopped smoking weed for roughly one year and it was really good. Now I only smoke for special (nice) occasions. This is when weed rises to its full potential.
If you smoke weed now it may relax you a little bit it will make you think about stuff too much. Thinking about stuff is not wrong per se but you should be doing stuff. Go out, party, exercise, go camping, take a hike! That will get you back rolling!

One last reply and i'm leaving this fucking thread in hopes you really take this as a wake up call to become the best version of yourself without ever looking back so bare with me:

>the MORE you live, the LESS you DIE
>the LESS you live, the MORE you die

>it's not the years in your life that matters but more the life in years

ENRICH YOURSELF

Pick your goddamn self off the ground, strenghten and straighten your goddamn spine and let yourself be awesome

I've been experimenting with shrooms recently because of this ordeal. How different of an experience would acid be?

That's what I'm doing right now. My tolerance got too high and I need to quit anyway to pass drug tests. I'm gonna pick it up after awhile and try not to do it as much as I used to.

Shrooms beat acid

Hey Sup Forums i recently stopped smoking weed as i figured that it was limiting my potential as well and it was affecting my daily routine. Feeling great man! So many ideas come to me, everything is clear. Don't throw it away for just a temporal moment of sadness, you'll meet someone eventually!

Smoking to escape is not recommended. It's said that escapism is a chief component of addiction.

The thing is, I'm pretty stuck in thinking right now. I feel like weed would either limit my thinking or shift it into the direction of self improvement. OR put me back right where I was - working, smoking, sleeping, and not living to my fullest potential.

I should go out and do more shit though, you're right. I have some fun stuff planned, but that's a few months down the road.

I'm impatient with myself and want the relief sooner than later.

you need to switch it up to something stronger now. I recommend smack , you can thank me later

Thanks dude. I appreciate you. I'm feeling pretty hungover from this ongoing pity party I've been throwing myself.

What do you think about moderation?
What benefits did you get from using weed?

it makes me happy when Sup Forums shows compassion for something :,)

I'm fairly certain I have an addictive personality. I love to fucking run, hide, and be a victim too. There's comfort in relinquishing responsibility.

Lucy is more introspective

The darker side of me has played with the idea. Not smack, but finding a stronger numbing agent. Like I said, this ordeal convinced me to try shrooms for the first time to try and "find myself." I've also been drinking a bit more, but my body and wallet aren't fans of that.

Only if you believe you are responsible enough to do it moderately. I was kind of lost during the time was doing it as i felt it was an escape to reality.
Now, lemme tell you one thing: weed is not addictive. You probably heard that tons of times and that is true in fact, alcohol is also non addictive BUT YET there are alcoholic's right? Weed and alcohol are not addictive, whats addictive is the escape to reality. I loved running away from my problems until one day my mother found out and she was hurt by my own fault. Decided to fix it and finally left weed. Also, I have a friend ( 20 y/o female) who's father was a weed addict... (will continue)

.... Alright, so his father was an addict for 7 years. I asked him why he left weed for good. His story deepened me, he cried during the hour he told me his story and talked about how it affected his life and his friends lives. One story in particular hurt me. It was about a guy ( friend of his on his early ages, probably like 20 years ago or more) who was addictive to shrooms. This guy could be seen walking around on the streets speaking to tree's. He loved shrooms so much he was 24/7 on them. One day he went home and saw a mess and a lot of people in there. He approached his dad and asked what was happening. His answer was " your mom is dead...you killed her". Knowing that, the next day he grabbed more shrooms, went to the forest and ate em all. He never came back. Nobody every knew about him ever. He dissapeared... You don't need drugs to escape your problems! You are capable of much more man!

I've always been reluctant to try any recreational drugs that "aren't natural."
Do you think it would help?

That's nuts. How do you kill someone and not be immediately arrested?

I'm very pro weed. Pro shrooms too. I think, in moderation, these things can enhance your life.

Spot on with the escapism aspect - everything I've clung to helped me do that.

I'm thinking about going back to weed not as a way to escape, but as a way to soothe my anxious thinking and redirect my thoughts and actions to craft the life I want to live.

The question for me is, what's the difference between that and escapism?

She died from the anxiety and stress he was causing her from his addiction.

Trust me bro,this is anything but recreational after taking your trip you'll be set indefinitely. And i do personally think it helps. It helped with my and friends depression. Also helped me see all the bullshit that you get accustomed to ignore subconsciously. In short everyone that i know that has taken acid have benefited greatly from just one trip

Gotchya. I was under the impression that he went around swinging an axe because of a bad trip or something.

I'm interested. What are the key differences between acid and shrooms, other than intro bs outrospect?

/thread

Well is not bs. But i guess key differences are that a mushroom trip is more wild, once is starts it goes until it ends and god forbid you get a bad trip cuz you'll b fucked. Where's acid at least for me, it feels like your in control. You can follow the trip perse and not loose track of what youre doing, plus theres the whole waves things. Kind of an intermission during the trip. Where you feel sober, gives you time to gather your thoughts before the next wave comes. Also you can snap out of a bad trip