Is J. Cole Wack Or Just a Fan?

I feel like J. Cole is good in the mic when it comes to giving bars and even drops a message here and there. But to be honest, a lot of what he raps about is very miniscule to even give the time to listen to. And as to if he is a fan, it came to me when I listened to some of his samples and found that he has some that have already been done by old school rappers. The obvious one is in Forbidden Fruit, where he decided to sample a song A Tribe Called Quest sampled which is one of their popular. The same case is for other songs of his. St. Tropez uses the same sample as Mobb Deep's Give Up the Goods.4 Your Eyez Only sounds a lot like One Love by Nas. False Prophets sounds A LOT like another A Tribe Called Quest song which is Lyrics to Go. I feel like he just wants to be one of the greatest in the genre he loves or he really thinks he can be the greatest, no mater what he raps about as long as he is lyrical and gives off a vibe. THE GUY MADE A SONG ABOUT FOLDING CLOTHES FOR GODS SAKE. Please tell me what you think.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kdEVm0QkTis
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DOUBLE

He's a pompous rapper with above average lyrics but repetitive and painfully boring beats. I find his music to be boring and lame and it makes hate me more because of his fan base. People will die screaming that he is tge messiah of hip-hop. I once met a J Cole stan, white stoner kid may I add, who told me to "read a dictionary nigga" when I said I didn't like J Cole. I think he is fake woke rap and is a boring self absorbed artist.

J. Cole wants to be one of the greats but just doesn't have "it" whatever it is

2014 FHD and Friday Night Lights are hiphop CLASSICS though

this

ENTENDRE

He's a rapnerd who wants to be a GOAT, but doesn't realize making boom bap is hurting him. He can talk shit bout Kanye but even his best work can't hold a candle to Kanye's worst album. He should've made fire like in this promo instead of always holding to an era that has been gone. Pay tribute another way, sample jacking is corny.
youtu.be/kdEVm0QkTis

This seems contradictory. How's he making classics if he doesn't have "it"?

Well I don't think you can be the GOAT just by having one classic album. But the original question was if he is wack or just a fan.

Let me put it this way. I feel like he already has a classic; 2014 Forrester Hills Drive. I will remember this project and a lot of people will as well. But some tracks in that album I really do not care for. Born Sinner was a mess and 4 Your Eyes only has 1 or 2 dope tracks. Part of the problem is if he is either wack or a fan. But another problem that came to mind is that he really needs features. Yes he can hold a project on his own but it hurts him. I feel that it's because of his ego that he makes these choices which is why I lean more towardshit the "I can be the GOAT no matter what" mentality.

Fuck J Cole

PLATINUM

PUSSY DEEP BUT

LE CONCIOUS RAPPER XD

70 nigga

Bitches always on my d-ck, I wear a condom when I shit.
- On & On

Shittin on niggas like a nigga was still a baby.
- The Come Up

Motherfucker, I'm the shit, I pass gas when I feel.
- Sky Boy

Aye this is big shit poppin', you gon' need a plunger.
- Heartache

They say I'm like the human body, I produce my own shit.
- Royal Flush

They light a fire under my ass nigga my shit hot, even if you squatted under volcanoes nigga your shit not.
- Waterbreak

These niggas thinking they the shit and they ain't even farted yet.
- Last Call

I be shitting on my niggas and my dough be farting.
-The One

Nigga, eat a d-ck, we the shit, no flushing.
- Disgusting

You wanna know how I know I'm the shit? 'Cause I keep clogging up the toilet.
-Disgusting

I'm on that shit as if I was the flies.
-Premeditated Murder

I potty train niggas, yeah, this that teach you 'how to shit'.
- Bun B For President

I'm the shit, you the stools.
- Wireless Festival 2010 Freestyle

You the shit only cause I digested you niggas.
- See It To Believe It

I let you feel like you the shit, but boy you can't out-fart me.
- Dollar & A Dream III

Swallowed the key to my cell, which means,
I got an impossible lock to pick,
And if you want my spot you gotta go through lots of shit.
- The Cure

Now they tell me “man you like the realest shit I ever smelt."
- The Cure

f--k is that smell? I smell bullshyt, it must be an election year.
- Get Free

I'm the shit you the shit stains.
- Backstage verse at Kendrick Lamar show

Grew up in this bitch without a pot to piss, no toilet, how ironic, I took a lot of shit
- Tears For ODB

She put up with this shit like she work at the zoo, true
- Sparks Will Fly

If your shit don't stink, nigga, my ship won't sink
- Revenge Of The Dreamers

Straight shitting on these piss poor rappers, I'm back
- Everybody Dies

What's that smell, where's your diaper shit here
- She's Mine Pt. 2

J cole raps about normal things in the most boring ways. His lyrics are really nothing special at all. His flows are also insanely generic and his beats are hit or miss

most overrated rapper of the last 10 years, easily.

holy shit i thought you just made that up but then i googled it kek

hahaha if this is legit! Seems like J Cole has some sort of unconscious obsession with shit or a scat fetish

He's a fan, I think he's wack, but there was some talent with The Come Up and The Warm Up tapes. The problem with Cole is that he's never really been interesting, but somehow people attached him to being the next Nas, so he'll always have a legion of dickriders who think he's the shit.

He's a dread to listen to on his own, yet he insists on making full albums with no features. His fanbase eats this up, because they think it proves how good he is, but all it does is expose how boring he is.

It's not even about the lifestyle, it's the way he presents himself.

Conscious rap in general is terrible, but on conscious rap songs, Cole comes off as some dude who took one African American Studies course and now thinks he could tell people anything.

On everything else, we already he doesn't live an interesting life, but flow could save him. Unfortunately, he has one of the most generic flows of all time, so it makes it even worst. His best production is often given to other rappers, because he knows he can't flow on anything that isn't the most basic of beats, too.

Actually, this nigga trash.

>The Come Up and The Warm Up tapes
This, I literally deleted everything he dropped beyond those. It's just so bland, jack of all trades master of none.