Is this what hip hop needed

Is this what hip hop needed

Not really. It's already a saturated market.

They sing more than rap, so I don't think so

Lots of popular hip hop artists sing nowadays
If tis isn't hip hop what genre would you say it is?

It was a pretty ok album.

Yeah. Odd Future's death was legitimately bad for the genre, we needed another oddball collective.

They try a whole bunch of sounds but they are only really good at hip hop, if the whole album was like the songs that stuck to almost entirely hip hop then i'd understand the obsession people have.

gay pop

this is more like what the quirky alt teens needed, with odd future basically defunct

GAHAHAHAHAHA!!! It got a 6.5 from P4K and that site bows down to hip-hop. Just because Fantano gave it a 9 you automatically assume it is anything worthy of attention, as if the sheen of his bold head somehow equates to a greater degree of media legitimacy. Look, I'm gonna be straight with you kid, I haven't listened to this mixtape and I don't care for it, if I want to listen to a bunch of honkeys make black folk music then I'll go listen to The Beastie Boys or The Streets, not some blue-faced bullcrap.

No it sucks

First song is legit SOTY contender. I went bonkers when I heard that. Good album but that opening track is fire and by far the best thing on it.

this.
the first track is eons ahead of every other track

I dislike the screaming fuck you part. It's pointless, it doesn't shock or sound angsty even, it's just an annoying interruption in the middle of their RTJ rip-off track.

>he cares for pitchfork's opinion

???

apparently you do :)

What did he mean by this?

What's the problem Sup Forums has with this álbum? Til FAKE this album is good then it kinda decays...

The álbum sounds really great, great rap/voices, samples and beats, hooks.

This guys have talent and this is their second álbum, who knows how much they could evolve for the next one.

underrated post

t./p4k/drone

why do you retards respond to posts like this
>I haven't listened to this mixtape and I don't care for it

retards

barely registered in the hip hop scene. Will be forgotten by most before the end of the year. I like it but this is the truth

i like the actual hip hop songs...all the singing shit just ruins it for me desu