What are the spookiest movies/TV shows about alien abductions?

What are the spookiest movies/TV shows about alien abductions?

Fire in the Sky, my man

The fourth kind is a good one, pretty spooky

That picture almost hurts to look at

shut the fuck up whore

9/10 brilliant

J.K. Simmons has a cameo

stopped a lot of nightmares by moving my mattress away from the window

"mcpherson tape" is it

>filename

top kek

>from the producer of paranormal activity

no thanks

The Fourth Kind is an absurdly underrated choice.
Movie is a nice mix of terrifying and comfy

yeah because the producers are the main creative force behind a movie

watch it faggot

Xtro

I have kinda got over greys with the ayy lmao shit and all but desu they are still scary as fuck to be honest.

I remember that Taken series that aired on fox scaring the shit out of me because of the alien experimentation scenes.
Also The Fourth Kind, that movie is creepy as fuck

This tbqh, we need more ayy lmaos movies, really underrated horror monster, better than Demons, Ghosts, Werewolves or Vampires again.

I agree, literally and unironically the only shit that can be moderately creepy on /x/

I don't believe in demons or Ayys but ayys are the only thing that get me. Probably because there is a much higher chance of Ayys coming to earth than demon bullshit.

holy fuck that's spooky

I remember when I was a kid I was scared shitless, something about the eyes I guess.

demons are just transdimensonal aliens desu

They are the ultimate uncanny valley I think.

Monsters are like animals and humans haven't had to deal with bests being a real issue for thousands of years. Greys look just enough like a person to freak me out.

Someone needs to make a edit of this with Pepe

this you're far more likely to be visited by demons than ayys

lmaoooooooo

this

not sure if serious, if so kill yourself

also to answer the OP, The Fourth Kind is god tier

I haven't seen the fourth kind.

Will i be able to sleep after it?

I remember thinking it was spooky but not really liking it when I thought about it.

Ayyy lmao spam when I used to browse /x/ cured my uncomfortable feelings about aliens

I usually just smile at these horrifying images

>it's an ayylmao movie
>half of the movie is "am I crazy"
>then the weirdo guy that's actually an expert shows up and goes, no that's what they want you to think they want to drive you apart

Dark Skies is a bad movie because it's impossible to suspend disbelief while watching it. It's just not possible to believe that the aliens would waste hours of their valuable time, having travelled for aeons through the vast darkness of space, to re-arrange the family's canned goes into an autismo pyramid, just for the purposes of creating a slightly spooky diorama, which the idiot housewife will mistake as the work of a tripping drifter anyway.

You might think to yourself "oh shut up, you autist" and you make a fair point but the thing is that the movie is trying so hard to be creepy and eerie it just glued together a bunch of generic alien cliches through the magic of editing without any regard to context of plot or logic. The greys in that movie aren't entities with an intelligence so alien and vast that it's incomprehensible and chilling, they are intergalactic cable channels riffing on Poltergeist, to the point that they might as well be fucking ghosts anyway.

I picked up this movie based on this webm alone and boy was I not fucking prepared for where it went.
It's the only scary scene in the movie, and arguably the best. The rest is a nonsensical acid trip of a story. If you stick it out you'll get to see Walken dancing with puppets and men in rubber suits though.

Wouldn't be a bad movie if it was about aliens, and didn't degenerate into a weird hybrid of a lifetime movie,a courthouse drama, and a family soap opera about ten minutes in. FitS is like 2 hours of shitty average daytime drama sandwiched between ten minutes of decent alien spookiness at the beginning and end. Not worth it. Communion is probably the only good one mentioned so far, and "good" is stretching it, since Christopher Walken's inability to give a performance even vaguely resembling a human being means that, as usual, he remains the most spooky and alien thing about the movie. By the end it's a pretty solid comedy kino. When he's laughing it up with a bunch of midgets in a hallucinatory sequence you know that it's totally lost the plot. The Fourth Kind I seem to remember tries to masquerade as an actual documentary as a sort of ploy to lend the proceedings an air of authenticity, but ultimately succeeds only in making everything that happens in the movie appear twice as stupid and implausible. It also loses points for having no aliens in it, at all, just a solid hour of found footage psychiatric patient tapes where the hapless victims of alien adulation are coached through their subsequent owl-based phobias.

I know your pain because I have been Jones'ing for a proper grey psychological horror/chiller fix but short of an actual close encounter it ain't gonna happen. Speaking of which, Close Encounters has its moments of eerie beauty, wonder and strangeness, but is kinda crippled by Dreyfus's character's total abandonment and neglect of his family, which eliminate him as a sympathetic character pretty early on. That, and the movie, despite being a Spielberg movie, isn't really about anything human and real, which is a shame, but then it might not need to be? As a serious exploration of mankind's encounter with a lifeform or civilisation much greater than its own I suppose it might be fine.

Anyway, in conclusion, if you want to be spooked by grey, as in, haunted, chilled, cold thrills run up and down your spine, I'd recommend little green men, the first episode of the second series of the x files. It implies far more than it shows in the best possible way, but there's an eerieness and a dread about that episode I've not seen done well anywhere else. The X-Files, in fact, do some pretty great grey moments, it's just that over time the mystery of the aliens is subsumed into a conspiracy plot line and they stop being scary.

and colds too. no one's bed should be by a window

That is one thing I can say that the whole Ayyy lamo thing did for the greater good for a lot of people; it makes light of 'the grays' and it has served to make me (and others I presume) a lot less anxious about the concept of them intentionally existing.

this

and this

close encounters has some spooky moments too, although not overall spooky

that alien looks twink'ish.

would fuck desu

Dishonourable mentions:

V/H/S 2 turns the aliens into mindless howling zombies that crawl after people they're trying to abduct while generally writhing and hissing and fancying around

Honeymoon has some very, very brief moments of spookiness but is too thin on character and incident to sit through it. The young couple never feels real despite the film-makers relying on some truly cringe-worthy devices to convince you that they're likeable and relatable people, such as having the actors reel off "how we first met" stories with such contrived quirkiness of detail it's grating,

And finally - the mothman prophecies has everything you need, provided you can forgive that your entity isn't a grey, but a being whose origins are so mysterious and ominous that its actually kinda works out for the better

the one with kerri russel was pretty good mainly because shes hot

Oh and I forgot to mention Signs

The Shamalan pseudo twist is very war of the worlds but the early scenes really nail the isolation, exposure and fear of the unknown really really well. Sorry for text walls and auto-correct goofs, I've watched just about every alien horror going and I kinda hoped to get some good recommendations myself

Communion
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
The Fourth Kind
Fire in the Sky

The Fourth Kind is shit. Okay on the first watching but utterly falls apart on the second watching and is nothing more than jump-scare horror.

Meant to say Dark Skies is shit. Fuck...

So tl;Dr

Little Green Men
S02 E01
The X-Files

The Mothman Prophecies

An actual abduction

V/H/S 1 had some pretty original aliens, it's one of the few segments worth watching. They are not greys though.

Yes

Unless no, because dissatisfaction and anger

fire in the sky is so fucking boring for about an hour and a half, they you have the spoopy alien shit for about 10 minutes and then its more boring shit

It's so weird that the aliens rushed them like some type of animal.
Also I hated how they made generic horror movie yells.

Is that the cyber-dating/ Skype/ long distance relationship episode you're talking about?

Yeah, I liked it, not the best one in the movie, but it was cool.

What movie

THIS FUCKING MOVIE
wrecked so much of my life

Got a scene of it online?

Also interested

communion

Signs was great when it first came out but now that everyone knows the ending its a lot weaker.

I scared the shit out of a friend of mine the first time she watched it. It was winter and I had black leather gloves in the pockets of my coat. I slipped one on to the back of the couch touching her shoulder so it looked like it was reaching for her like what happens with the kid in the cellar. I waited a bit, shifted position so I was leaning away from her, then asked what was on her shoulder.

She cried for about ten minutes before calming down but now laughs about it to this day.

The Fourth Kind is good... right up until they start doing the videotaped hypnotherapy stuff. Then it just gets straight retarded.

It was a painful level of silly that totally took me out of the movie.