Is he overrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UppsLKz1iD4
youtube.com/watch?v=9ol9Vj3F3pI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

by whom?

he's the most overrated producer of electronic music of the 90s

Definitely. I still enjoy him however.

What other 90s producer put out something that can compare to SAW 85-92 during the 90s?

saw 85-92 must be the only album of his that you've heard. it's not even close to his best work from the 90s.

I had a period in my life a few years back where I literally only listened to him, I'm not only talking about the music but the cultural impact as well.

autechre and orbital

See
>but the cultural impact as well.

ehh, not really a great comparison
orbital were much more successful than aphex (and earlier), and autechre are from another universe and can't really be compared to any human music

Where do you get started with Autechre anyways? Just chronological?

You start with this exact song like every 90s kids.

youtube.com/watch?v=UppsLKz1iD4

Underworld with Dubnobasswithmyheadman in 1993, which was a groundbreaking album. And (the better but less influential) Second Toughest In the Infants in 96.

Orbital of course.

The Chemical Brothers were also loads more popular with fantastic albums, but they arrived later to the game (95, 97 for their first big album). Same with Leftfield.

Arguments could be made for The Future Sound of London too but they weren't quite as big.

does it matter?

>comparing an ambient album with big beat
I love when Sup Forums talks about electronic music

Oh and fuck, don't forget the Prodigy, every 90s teenage punk's entry to big beat, rave and hardcore techno.

This chart has treated me very well. And actually recognizes LP5 as one of their best / a fantastic entry point.

This hasn't been updated but Elseq belongs in the far left category

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=9ol9Vj3F3pI

you start with tri repetae or lp5