If you dismiss any genre in its entirety, you are definitively a pleb. Jazz, classical, rock, folk, 'electronic'...

If you dismiss any genre in its entirety, you are definitively a pleb. Jazz, classical, rock, folk, 'electronic', hip hop, sound poetry, *all* of these genres have *something* to offer the human musical endeavor.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UnoCI2N9nWw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Best Louis Armstrong song.
youtube.com/watch?v=UnoCI2N9nWw

>sound poetry
Looks like mr.pleb thinks he knows more than he really does

the human musical endeavor is a meme propagated by buttmad nu males looking to justify their shitty tastes

>mr. pleb
Shit mate how'll he ever recover?

This is true

Wrong. If you think "jazz" "classical" "rock" "folk" "electronic" "hip-hop" or "sound poetry" are genres, you're a pleb.

All these are genres
except for Classical which is an era and should be referred as Western Art Music and "Electronic" which is a loose term that means absolutely nothing

"Western Art Music" means nothing. You don't know what you're talking about.

Metal and trap. It may have something to offer to some people musically, but as music is subjective, and I subjectively dislike metal, I have the right to dismiss it in its intirety.

>art music

Oh, and you do? Enlighten me then, how do we classify """"""""""""""Classical""""""""""""""""""" music then?

Tell that to wikipedia and the oxford dictionary definition of those genres you mentioned

A word used to catalog CD's at Tower Records.

>I swallow every drop of pigslop wikipedia serve me

How about you let music be defined by itself rather than allowing marketing executives tell you what to think.

This is exactly what I was actually saying in the OP, the music can't be reduced and dismissed by those genres' labels. You're making my point for me. Don't be a pedantic autist.

I think you'd be able to find metal you like if you looked hard enough. As for trap, I generally agree with you but I've been able to find one or two I like that are actually kinda creative. Also it's a young genre so...

I think one can still safely dismiss crunkcore.

Listened from black sabbath to sunbather, from young thug to soundcloud trap kids, haven't found a thing. Maybe it's actually just not for me?

You're putting too much emphasis on "liking" things. Not everything is about you.

>How about you let music be defined by itself rather than allowing marketing executives tell you what to think.
What the fuck kind of gibberish is this? First, I don't think Wikipedia was written by marketing executives. Second, the function of genre names isn't rigorous taxonomy so much as a convenient shorthand for describing things. They're generalizations, and thus by definition not exactly correct, but they're still useful.

>If you dismiss any genre in its entirety, you are definitively a pleb. Jazz, classical, rock, folk, 'electronic', hip hop, sound poetry, *all* of these genres have *something* to offer the human musical endeavor.

Tell me a good tonefield album

>*all* of these genres have *something* to offer the human musical endeavor.
Like what? What does hip hop have to offer artistically?

>album
begone rockist vermin

I didn't say Wikipedia was. I said those words in OP were made up by marketing executives in order to catalog CD's in a store-front record shop. Those don't exist anymore so the terms you're so emotionally attached to don't reflect reality as it is. And it's a shame people are so emotionally attached to those words, as if you've built your entire persona around it.