Yo some asshole is spamming my girlfriends photography site with insulting messages

Yo some asshole is spamming my girlfriends photography site with insulting messages.

I already know you're all going to say "well they are right" or "who cares about some shit post, just delete it and move on" but whatever. She's upset and I'll try anything to make her feel better.

I'm not looking for vigilantly justice, but from the content of some of these messages, it seems like she probably knows this person well. It makes me mad that I probably invite them over to our house every weekend yet here they are shit talking her.

All I want is some piece of info to identify who they are so she'll know which one of her friends is fake af. I'm not looking to go assault them or anything else retarded of that nature.

The IP address is: 108.90.161.17

I've already tried to search it on a ton of IP tracker sites and I called the ISP that got returned but still came up empty handed.

Anyone have any thoughts on how I can find out who this is?

Attached is 1 of 7 messages, and they are still coming in.

Other urls found in this thread:

nmap
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The user posted her email and name as their own, that's why its scratched out

Fucking do something about it then nigger. Nypa.

Have you contacted authorities to try and file for harassment and restraining order?

He didn't ask for anything besides information you dick muffin

Well do you know any cops that owe you a favor with subpoena powers?

We have to see the commented picture to decide if he/she was right. Might just be honesty.

>108.90.161.17

It's AT&T, so just file a harassment complaint or whatever you 'murcans call it. I assume you have the exact time as well, so AT&T should be able to figure out who that was as long as law enforcement tell them to get off their arses. No reason to do anything shit stupid.

What a fucking snowflake.

Post the pic, faggot! We want to see that tat and that pasty skin.

Want to make her feel better? Buy her a camera and pay for some classes.

The police said it would take months. I don't really want to wait that long over something that is nbd and they're not super threatening messages so AT&T can't help either. I'd really just like to find the name somehow just so we know who it was and can stop being friends with them.

There's a good chance none of her friends like her photography if it's this shitty, I'm willing to bet neither do you, maybe just move on with your life and don't try to antagonize any of her friends because it's just gonna be nothing but headaches.

If you were able to find the IP I believe you should also he able to so something with it, right? So, tell us how you found it first. I'm not in front of my PC right now so I can't give you info I can find on my own but I can guide you. I'd start by finding which open doors he has and what OS he's running.

sage advice. It's already a headache lol. I tried to tell her its not a big deal but shes sensitive a fuck (girls..) just thought maybe one last hail mary on Sup Forums might do the trick. I'm going to set up a xss link on her website so if they ever do it again I'll get everything.

It's a wordpress site so wordpress was able to give her the IP of who sent the message but that's it. I tried a ton of reverse ping websites but all of them led me to just the "general area" (our city) and the ISP. I would literally love for you to tell me more about how to find out the info you just listed.

Also, going through sites trying to find online info about an IP is undoubtedly stupid. Did you at least try traceroute? Did you try pinging it?

That's what I am here for, to learn these things. I am a developer so I'm tech savvy but not this kind. Please, any advice would be great.

Ok then. I have time to kill and I'm slightly drunk. So, first off download a port scanner. I use nmap for a whole plethora of other different activities. Go here nmap org/ and install it. Once you have open ports we can try and figure out what OS he's running and then perhaps find a way into parts of his system.

Bumping for interest

hell yeah man! now we're talking. I'm just leaving work now so give me an hour, I'll be back! Thank you!

So you're a developer, that's better. You should therefore use the console mode as it's much easier. Nmap can find out the fingerprint of the OS by sending a TCP/IP request. I don't remember the command but you should be able to figure it out yourself.

Ok I will be home soon!

I don't have an hour OP, sorry. Having only an IP is very little. What we can hope for is to find a way to force some kind of exploit into his machine that gives us registry information (perhaps he uses his name somewhere in the file system). A more convoluted approach would be to steal internet traffic and somehow get ahold of cookies. That is supposing this guy is a noob and he's not using a proxy or he's not encrypting the packets. I really should see the nmap log before giving you stupid advice.

Thank you anyway. I think I will put a xss script on her site and if he messages again I'll track him that way

So I'm going to bed. A few last things: if you, as you mentioned, believe that this guy comes to your house you could sniff the packets with wireshark provided that he's connected to your wifi. This requires a fuckton of time-consuming tasks, breaks a number of laws and moreover you must then cross all the data to see if he connects to your gf's WordPress page. Another way you could find out who he is is by moving the conversation to a website you host and develop a man in the middle attack (by evesdropping). If he's dedicated to insult your gf's online work he will follow her somewhere else, so be wiser and set trap. I really don't give a shit about your your whore girlfriend feelings, but I care that people who don't take proper security measures on the internet are severely punished. I'm here for another few minutes if you have some last questions

So I'm going to bed. A few last things: if you, as you mentioned, believe that this guy comes to your house you could sniff the packets with wireshark provided that he's connected to your wifi. This requires a fuckton of time-consuming tasks, breaks a number of laws and moreover you must then cross all the data to see if he connects to your gf's WordPress page. Another way you could find out who he is is by moving the conversation to a website you host and develop a man in the middle attack (by evesdropping). If he's dedicated to insult your gf's online work he will follow her somewhere else, so be wiser and set trap. I really don't give a shit about your your whore girlfriend feelings, but I care that people who don't take proper security measures on the internet are severely punished. I'm here for another few minutes if you have some last questions

Good lookin' out user. You're a hero among scumfuck assholes here on Sup Forums.