youtube.com/watch?v=N2P6lysGo0c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>listening to metal
>not being a virgin
Pick one bro xD

drumming fast =/= being a good drummer

metal drumming is boring as fuck

>thinks the drummer just "drums fast" in metal
Yeah racecar drivers just "drive fast" no talent whatsoever.

Perhaps no other instrument changed so much as the drums during the free-jazz era. The idea that percussion was merely for time keeping was turned upside down. Percussion became a component of the sound just like any melodic instrument. Basically, the free-jazz era discovered that harmony is not necessarily only built around melodies. As the gurus of free-jazz indulged more and more boldly with dissonance, percussive sounds did not sound anymore like a different dimension of music and increasingly gained peer status in the harmonic process.

Post metal with good drumboys

youtube.com/watch?v=6fKFgZoI_Bs

>poster thinks drumming is a valid musical skill

lmao your idea of somebody with talent is a racecar driver

Jazz drums are better than metal drums

Probably. Doesn't mean metal has shitty drummers.

I have a lot of respect for metal drummers, I was just responding to the OP

Oh ok. It has been nice talking to you.

The comparison went right over your head, my autistic friend.

Nah, it has to both sound good and be technically skilled, jazz is only technically skilled to prog-tier wankers and rarely sounds good in any sense of the word.

If this was true, then math rock wouldn't be roads ahead of its metal "counterparts"

>then math rock wouldn't be roads ahead of its metal "counterparts"
Haha since when was it?

>math
Absolutely zero soul. May aswell be created and played by a computer.

It's not real mathrock if you're not reading the algorithms and hearing the music in your head. This is the kino way to experience mathrock.

But racecar drivers ARE talented at racecar driving. Given the same equipment as Dale Earnhardt Jr., you would definitely lose every race against him.
You just wanted to socially signal against NASCAR and it's fanbase.

This, Jazz has always been highly innovative and the drumming in jazz definitely shows that. Unless you're talking about technical death metal or prog metal it really can't compete at all

I disagree. Spiderland's drumming is actually probably the least robotic thing about the album.

Did somebody say best drums in music?

autism: the post.
Life tip: no Sup Forumscore has good drumming

Most thrash, Death, and Black metal has better drumming than jazz.

Jeez

ugh

What is better drumming for you user?

You said these shitty metal genres have "better" drumming than jazz. Is this assertion a result of your bias for Metal, are you implying that a death metal drummer would do a better job at playing jazz than a jazz drummer, or that Death Metal drumming is inherently superior to jazz in a way? if yes, why?

>best drummers thread
>all rock drummers

good opinion
bad opinion
p. much this desu
There's good math rock drumming.

It has more complexity, it takes more skill, and most importantly, it sounds better especially within the context of the genre.

I thought this was a board for music

iannis xenakis is math rock

lmao

I cant really confirm or deny this, because i havent heard enough to make such broad generalizations, but so far imo i'm leaning towards jazz drumming

Try Deicide

Because you have beyond shit-tier ears

You are exactly why everybody hates 'metalheads'. Completely stupid and ignorant

I will concede that to keep up in metal, the person has to be a very good and proficient drummer on a technical level. But I disagree that very fast and technical drumming is the apex of drumming. So, metal drummers are arguably the best drummers, but metal drumming being the best is more of a matter of taste.

Coming from some one that can't play anything

The non-technical stuff is just as good too, they sacrifice a little bit of complexity for more rhythm but it's still way more complex than most stuff.

>art
>best

>implying techdeaf is any better

It's people who approach anything with a desire to fit in, so ''their'' genre or band must be best, cause it's ''theirs'' and so on.
I mostly listen to metal but even when I was a teen I realized they are the most cancerous group ever.

excuse me

>going really fast with drums is the hard part
The fact that this hasn't been called out as bullshit really shows the musical proficency of this board.

the post you replied to doesn't say that at all.

>moonchild drum wankery
no. That is one of the few examples of a good Sup Forumscore album though.

horrible analogy
neck yourself retard

You can't compare metal and jazz drumming, because the genres are very different and the drums are used for different reasons. Tho I agree metal drumming takes more technical skill as of you need to play very fast but in metal they only either use drums for blast beats, double bass and drumrolls which are pretty much the same for all bands.

Overall I think it's harder to play good metal drums but harder to write good jazz drums.

>being this mad because you can't into analogies

There's literally millions of Youtube videos about girls doing metal drum covers. Not one single video with one playing Jazz.

youtube.com/watch?v=-TQ1jpkw-E8
youtube.com/watch?v=KSpRHN-n7jo
youtube.com/watch?v=cixbqfCSoFc

Electronic drums are obviously magnitudes easier to produce than metal/jazz/etc drums but they have the potential to be the best I M H O.

You mentioned NASCAR not the other user.

Those are literally all the cherry picked slowest metal songs of those bands. South of Heaven is a great songs but it's known for having much slower and more doomy drums than any of their other output. Sad But True is literally a rock song off of Metallica's most commerical album. That's also one of Sepultura's slower drumming songs.

this

metal musicians spend their entire lives practicing and honing their skills with a certain instrument only to end up making music for autistic losers that is embarrassing to listen to. this is doubly true for power metal, speed metal, folk metal, and fantasy metal. no good music has ever been made in those styles.

>he thinks math rock means it follows a mathematical pattern

I know this is bait but math rock is the most misnamed genre of all time.

youtube.com/watch?v=hGi9SOFX5rc

youtube.com/watch?v=ToWGcV50E-o
The feels are real.

>fantasy metal
haha what? You don't anything about metal.

and what music isn't embarrassing to listen to?

Have you checked out Damon's other project?
youtube.com/watch?v=N2P6lysGo0c

More listenable because it doesn't try too hard to be avant-teen bait.

autistic metal fan is mad that i dont know all his little autism genres. im sorry should i have mentioned symphonic metal or pirate metal instead.

Everyone likes bashing metal fans for being autistic retards but none remembers that jazz musicians play music for pseudo-intellectual snobs that think playing a polyrhythm is the epitome of musicianship.

lmao, listen to the first song before saying that.

Still better than the entirety of what burns never returns.
If I ever actually hated an album it's that one.

Clearly you haven't heard tricot.

That's crazy. It's probably one the album that got me into ''obscure'' music. I still listen to it pretty often. What did you not like about it? The aimless wankery?

nigger listen to 21st Century Schizoid Man and tell me that's bad drumming