Post your favorite album of the decade

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gSLd9rjYgUg
youtube.com/watch?v=DKWKtRFoVyk
youtube.com/watch?v=IrjeMN_U1hw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dean blunt - black metl

Any particular reason why?

its like a compilation of all his work done right. first half is like this weird mix of forgotten indie music done by somebody who mainly listens to hip hop. and when I mean hip hop. i mean stripping it down to bare minimum and making your point so simple a 5 year old could understand it
forever is more of a sloopy free-jazz done thru electronics.
2nd half is mix of grime,dub, power electronics.

overall for somebody like myself who has listened to a bit of everything. i find it perfect me. user once described it as "Art pop for the musc illiterate and that description fits it nicely for me.
And when I mean hip hop. i mean stripping it down to its bare minimum and making your point so simple a 5 year old could understand it

Honestly it's actually probably this one from this year surprisingly. That being said I haven't kept up with this decade well -- never listened to Swans, Kendrick, Kanye, Frank Ocean, etc. Other picks would've been No Now and Kaputt but pic related is in my brain more lately.

This helps me understand it a lot more, thank you!

Is exmilitary from this decade?
If not then No Love Deep Web

Yeah it is from this decade. I mean, all you have to do is type it into google...

I'm busy jerking off

good choice op, heres mine

How did you convince yourself to like Years?

Great album OP

It's fucking beautiful and atmospheric. The arpeggios keep happening and keep going up but it's completely free of rhythm or formal derivation. Sometimes they're cut off halfway, sometimes played in full, etc. All the while her vocals paint this disoriented, expressionist portrayal of a disturbed, depressed woman.

What's the name of the album?

some might consider me a "normie"

centipede hz

fite me

Laurel Halo - Quarantine

best track: youtube.com/watch?v=gSLd9rjYgUg

weirdest track: youtube.com/watch?v=DKWKtRFoVyk

she also released an album recently "Dust" that's one of the best albums to come out in many years I think
youtube.com/watch?v=IrjeMN_U1hw

I love you

I'm by no means a massive Mac fan, but this album just makes me really happy.

based ferreri

Decent bait

Yesss

MBDTF

No.

Either Björk's Vulnicura or The Body's I Shall Die Here. I guess I have a soft spot for albums produced by The Haxan Cloack