What's the most worthless instrument and why is it bass?

What's the most worthless instrument and why is it bass?

What is the point of bass guitar? You can't even hear it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cYx8yW3POcg
youtube.com/watch?v=BnpoY9ZVasI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WoDQl4gT3jA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stop using laptop speakers

I would agree

>Metallica took bass out of justice
>Became their 2nd best selling album

nigga go listen to primus

>hi I'm musically ignorant

yeah we know

if you can't hear the bass, stop listening to shitty music

Nigga you don't know Peter Hook from Joy Division and New Order, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=cYx8yW3POcg

gr8 b8 m8 anyways.

Bs

People keep shit talking yet no one is saying why bass isn't worthless

>What is the point of bass guitar? You can't even hear it.

t. 12 year old

>no one's taking the bait waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh

fag

Trips don't lie

youtube.com/watch?v=BnpoY9ZVasI

youre utterly retarded, youd be better off deaf

its true. you don't even hear the bass. you only hear the guitar and drums and singer in music,

But that Orion bass solo tho

Because it adds dynamic behind the full sound of a band. The notes match guitar, yet it follows the rhythm of the drums so it helps weave the sound together to create a wall of sound.

Bass is rhythm with notes and it's all based on technique.

Also phone speakers and laptop speakers make bass sound a lot better.

because it fills up the lower frequencies which a guitar lacks. take the bass away on any rock/metal song and the guitar only soundshalf as good

How can a bassist be good when he just follows the chord progression of the more talented guitarists

Air guitar. Some people learn to play it well but it's to quiet in the end leaving the crowd speechless and wondering what they just watched and paid for.

Tell that to led claypool of primus you fucking faggot.

Improv

Also no chords on bass

Only notes

Bass provides a sonic foundation for the other instruments - it's an instrument that would be noticed for its absence, moreso than its presence like guitar, keyboard, drums etc.

Think about construction. Nobody walks into a nice hotel and goes, "wow! this building has a really solid foundation." But if that building didn't have a foundation, it would be a rickety piece of shit.

So what's the point? Well the point is that it adds bottom and depth to music and makes them more sonically "full" than they otherwise would be. And if you can't hear the bass in certain songs, your speakers might suck or the mix might be shitty.

As for this faggotI respect your dubs, but that album is notoriously blasted for sounding like shit. Even the people who engineered the album agree that it sounds bad and only did it because Lars forced them to. A lot of people saw the Phantom Menace, the people who made it knew it was bad, but they went along with it because George Lucas told them to. Same kinda thing. Just because a million idiots spent money on it doesn't make it good quality. (see autism spinners)

Well, to start, thats not what good bassists do.

Yes, you can. Listen to a track without the bass guitar and you'll notice a big difference.

>just follows the chord progression

That is absolutely not what bass playing is about. You write basslines to fit the chord progression, or you write a bassline and the guitarist come in with a chord progression.

>Also no chords on bass
wrong...very fake news

I believe Local H is a group with just a guitarist and a drummer ..... But i could be wrong? Wait nm thats impossible wrong haha haha me wrong aww man ..... Top kek. .... My side's hurt

Show me a chord progression on bass.

I'm not clicking any links or reading so take out your bass and show me through various photos what it's like to create a chord progression on the bass guitar.

Because your argument is so insanely ridiculous we're all just laughing at you instead of arguing with an obvious retard.

The Whtie Stripes only have a guitarist and a drummer, their best song has a guitar lowered tan octave to sound like a bass

Fm, Am, Gm, easy

It adds character to the music it makes it where it won't lifeless

Opening part of Schism by Tool - there ya go. I'm not gonna take 8 pictures to fucking show you. Put the song on you lazy, idiotic motherfucker.

He runs various pedals live/in-studio that mimics a bass sound that follows his guitar. Can be done with an octaver pedal or whatever. Jack White did the same shit on the White Stripes stuff.

>Most worthless instrument
>Doesn't say the bag pipes

This:
Now shut the fuck up OP, you know nothing.

>bagpipes
>not accordion

Wow. What's it like being mentally retarded?

Keeps the guitars locked with the drums mate

>Most worthless instrument
>doesn't say communism
>Why is communism the worst instrument.
>It never works.

If you listened to music like old school soul and R&B you'd see how the bass dominates every song and you're grooving to the bass

You're probably just some shitlord metal head that doesn't know metal sucks

How can you say it doesn't work if no one has ever tried it before?

"I've seen more spine than jellyfish"......

Bass is the backbone

Go listen to Anesthesia pulling teeth and tell me there's no chords on a bass. Or any Tool Schism for chords on a bass fucktard

Don't forget that Royal Blood have a similar system set up with pedals

Checked and Kek'd wigga

since you're too lazy to read, there's a picture you cum guzzling faggot

Flea wants to kill you..... So does Rodger Waters

FPBP

Fucking millennials...behold

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WoDQl4gT3jA

This

>ITT: OP gets roasted

What's the cut off for millenias like what year did this label start..... Anyone born 1990 or later?

Correct. Runs a Gretsch Junior Jet through dual amps...one guitar (Marshall I think), and one bass (Ampeg SVT). Then a bunch of various octaver pedals, noise supressor, and an MXR La Machine for distortion/fuzz.

Dude has a great sound.

Sounds about right

He deserves it

Garrett Tierney

Wow. Sloppy as fuck. I'm glad he's dead.

my man

im gonna go see rhcp this friday, im pretty excited to see flea slap.

1985 to 1995

Was just going to tell OP to go listen to some of Phil Lesh or Rick Dankos playing. Gods among men.

Such a good setup. Have seen them live and was suitably impressed. 10/10 would see again.

Definitely. Dude needs a trip to the burn ward

shitty bait m8

No sloppier than Jimi Hendrix. And Cliff Burton isn't a nigger - double whammy.

OP is a drummer, i mean a faggot.

Why did the drummer leave his sticks on the dashboard? So he could park in the handicapped zone.

>im glad he died
trying this hard to be edgy

Why did they never make a sitar hero?

Nice edge kid,

It was live and he was probably drunk/high as fuck. Not everything sounds like the studio album junior.

Listen to Money by pink floyd. Watch it at live 8.
Listen to under pressure.

Orion was on master of puppets, to live is to die is the and justice for all instrumental, also with a good bass solo.

Can we get some retort or closure here?
Or have you shut the fuck up cause you been schooled and are to weak to concede

OP and his circle-jerking faggots got BTFO by damn near everyone in this thread. Dude shut his PC down and his whimpering in bed with tears streaming down his face.

A+ post, thread closed.

I don't agree with OP but when I was around 13 I was forced to play bass in the church "kids rock group" shit and I was too nervous to play in front of people so I unplugged my bass and pretended to play every week for about 2 months before anyone realized

Meh, the average idiot concert goer doesn't care. Sex Pistols unplugged Sid Vicious for entire tours lol.

Also, can we get more of her?

Bullshit! everyone knows the most worthless instrument is Rebecca Black's vocal cords.

that's my gf, I'm on mobile so most pics are too big. I got tons though whatcha want

What do you call those girls who hang around bands?

>"groupies"

What do you call those guys who hang around bands?

>"drummers"

pretty much

7/10

Good fishin tonight in these summer waters

Check out royal blood no guitar just bass

I like bass because things with more than 4 strings confuse me too much.

So... a 5 string bass is beyond your education. Got it.

5-6 string basses are for little bitches. A real man only needs 4 strings.

Most worthless part of a band is a rhythm guitarist, still really important but if you have a good bassist or lead guitarist than they're not necessary

>What's the most worthless part of a house and why is it the foundation?
>What is the point of foundations? You can't even see it.

FTFY

So 1986 is millennial? Wtf